2.0 Release & Patch Notes

[Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
Hope everyone's enjoying the week.  We've been hard at work with this version, all while doing things like #TSBCelebrates42 (42 Gifts, and I broke the last 5, my bad) last Friday and even pumping up that Midnight Royale to keep everyone on their toes.

So I divided the notes with What's New, and what's been addressed.  As usual, it's a live product, so anything can happen, so if you're seeing some pain points somewhere, feel free to leave a comment, and that'll be added to my feedback report.

What's New?
  • X-Factor
    Select players now have a third equippable skill and new Inventory Slots to keep unequipped X-Factor Skills.  For more on the feature, check out the Info-Screen when highlighting a player with an X-Factor.
  • All-Star Perks
    New All-Star Perks have been added. One of the cooler ones of which is the ability to open multiple Mystery Boxes in one tap.
  • My Park
    Tired of always playing at your favorite team's home park?  Now you can change it, and choose whether you wanna play in the day or night.
  • Super Jackpot in Daily Dinger
    More rewards in Daily Dinger!
  • On-Field Animations
    Bat flips, crow hops, glove flips... now your favorite TSB players can play with more attitude!
  • Animated Stickers
    Global Chat is about to get shiny.
  • Google Play Points
    Playing on an Android? Now in-app purchases on your device will get you Google Play Points!
Patch Info:
  • Daily Dinger button fixed in French
    The Daily Dinger button when playing in French didn't work. Now it does.
  • Fixed bug where re-purchasing players through collections were not counting towards Fan Rewards
    Pretty self-explanatory
  • Cycle Rewards and Leveling Rewards in Walk-Off Hero display fixed
  • Performance updates:
    - Server issues updated, so we shouldn't see gifts and push notifications crashing the game anymore
    - Bolstered security (which is a nicer way of saying... yeah, you already know)
Prev1

Comments

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Using My Legend crashes WOH (basically makes that player unusable). When selecting My Legend, the app loads to 88% then crashes the app. 
  • CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Updated
    Got lame recaptcha in middle of a prime game
    Got 37% ban. Been over an hour.
    Looks like this update is going to give me tons of free time. Feature, not bug.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited September 2020
    Update has really slowed down bonus games. In addition I'm getting constant "capcha" verification interruptions to ensure I'm not a robot. As I'm sure you know, fast played games are by design at the Diamond level. 
    This update has been absolutely horrible and ruined the midnight Royale event for me that I had been enjoying. 

Half of the time I'm trying to slug out 3 or 4 bonus games before I get stopped by constant captcha verifications and the other half of the time I've been soft jailed. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    All I can say to your "bolstered security" there is no such thing as this fantasy land of level playing field that you seem to think you are achieving. Making me prove I am human every game or two, even SEASON GAMES, just totally tips the pace of play scale back to iOS users.  
    I would advise you to improve or bail on this whole "Bolstered Security" thing in a real hurry because you are going to lose 90% of the Android Diamond players you have if they have to verify they're not a robot every 5 games they play which is a verification every <2 minutes in real time. 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    ***KEEPERS better get an X-Factor added to them now. Just like ATGs all got the 2nd skill when that was introduced in 2018. 

And there should be some compensation for the trickery with points and WOH bugs with ML etc. ridiculous to make a change like this mid event. 
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    TB is messed up. I have the Mariners stadium. A bunch of holes where you hit the ball and it goes way behind the outfield bleachers and gives you the hit raring as what you receive when you don’t hit it over the fence when the shaded area is on. Once the shaded area turns off, if you hit the holes it goes over the outfield bleachers and is counted as a miss, although you really didn’t miss. The bug happens when you hit dead center and the left and right field pull. 
  • ESTXXLESTXXL Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    What a complete shiitshow now. Now I will review the game since you shove that in my face as well as if I'm a human. Done had enough.
    Why This Is Fine Is the Meme This Year Deserves - The New York Times
    glad you could fix the pan and scan issue that has been there for YEARS with this update. 
    Bug in homerun tower stuff too. Tried to use my legend, clicked him and nothing, did this a couple times. Hit X to go out and then back in , he was used (had the option to pay gold to use him again) despite never playing a level at all. This update is an absolute shitshow.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Get human verification and/or suspended every 2 to 4 games, no matter whether its season/prime/bonus/tourney. Unplayable. Whole club full of level 20+ VIPs ready to quit.
    Just forget this whole update ever happened, revert back to the previous version,  and global gift us 100K gold each for our troubles.
    Just forget this whole update ever happened, revert back to the previous version,  and global gift us 100K gold each for our troubles.
    And ditch the Captcha bullshit.  No way that's providing any value.  It's just a freaking disaster.
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    They must have ditched the captcha garbage, games are quicker now. Haven't seen any crosswalks! The whales must have swayed the decision 
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    edited September 2020
    The captcha just evens the playing field for the guys on iOS who don’t have the fancy hands free gaming set up droid users can get, not the greatest timing to add it during a vip event but it’s not the first time they’ve pushed an update during mid event. Soo expect the unexpected always... But stadiums are broken like pirates stadium was in bash. If you hit it around the pole area it keeps going into the parking lot and dose not count as a hr but as a ground hit. Happens on every stadium I change to but Yankees... glu please just set bash to one and only stadium that works in bash. 
  • TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    Field Pass level discount isn't working.  I bought Field Pass today to level Foil Prime DJ, got the one time rewards, and the discount simply isn't active.  The milestones also are still showing as locked even though they should all be unlocked and received.  It is still showing available to purchase but I already bought it.  I contacted CS but expect an extreme delay in reply which significantly hampers my ability to level DJ and compete today.  Very disappointing.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    So you have said deuce...point of fact, once you post an issue its posted..

When your toilet is clogged do you repeatedly hit the flush button hoping it magically disappears?
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    2020KC said:
    So you have said deuce...point of fact, once you post an issue its posted..

When your toilet is clogged do you repeatedly hit the flush button hoping it magically disappears?
    I posted here because the issue may be related to the update, and on a separate thread which is more appropriate for discussion to get feedback on whether others are experiencing the same issue.  What's the problem?
    at any time did you send a ticket to customer service?
    2020KC said:
    at any time did you send a ticket to customer service?
    Of course - the first thing I did was cut a ticket to CS.   The point of this thread was to announce features and collect feedback on pain points.  I posted feedback on an issue that may be related to the update release.  Get out of here with your nonsense.

ICYMI
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard said:
     As usual, it's a live product, so anything can happen, so if you're seeing some pain points somewhere, feel free to leave a comment, and that'll be added to my feedback report.
    edited September 2020
    Post Deleted to avoid another duplicate complaint.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    edited September 2020
    Has the reCaptcha check increased from every 20 to every 5 videos now?  13 f'n videos and I've gotten it 3 times.  Jesus christ, if you don't want people to watch videos and attempt to get a little free gold, just remove the option.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Thanks for the feedback so far.  reCAPTCHA was disabled last night.  The reason that was put in in the first place is we don't want people running autotap software.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I just got pushed the update and immediately got a ton of reCaptcha's during free videos and got suspended for some reason.  The concept isn't bad to reduce auto-tappers but I don't trust Google's implementation.  I mean the same device, from the same IP, that's been validated numerous times, shouldn't trigger a new check.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I got the camera panning bug during autoplay of a Season Mode game today. First time that has happened to me. Updated the app yesterday. 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Thanks for the feedback so far.  reCAPTCHA was disabled last night.  The reason that was put in in the first place is we don't want people running autotap software.
    Was it disabled because you guys realized those who use it are also your top spenders?  Just curious
    I get your idea and applaud the thought but I have also resigned myself to the feeling that there is no such thing as a level playing field. Even if the autotapping can be stopped I still am way short on the disposable time/income that some have for the game. I am still short the brand new iPhone/latest droid(s) that can mash 1-2 more games per minute than my slower/older device can.

Putting a universal stopper like that does not eliminate any of those gaps and those gaps are part of what separate the ones who are ALWAYS top 5 gauntlent and the rest of the game players. Again, I applaud the concept but it seems like effort that would be better served in fixing bugs from many many updates/past editions of the game. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    “but it seems like effort that would be better served in fixing bugs from many many updates/past editions of the game.”
    😂😂😂😂😂 You do realize this is Glu! Fixing bugs? Nope, all they SEEM to care about are new ways to screw the customer out of more resources and REAL money. Period! And of course with no beta testers since WE are the freaking beta testers!

BRING BACK ‘18!!!!!!!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷