Holy Cal.....

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
This is the weekend I'm dumping my gold. I've been waiting for this moment for a couple years for Glu to drop him!!!!! Finally the day hath arrived...

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    30k of gold in and nothing.... Got Bundy, Mazara, and Robinson from the rewards box and a bunch of repulls from bxp players. Stopping there for now. Just going to wait and see what bash and CvC boxes will yield me. If nothing else I should do decent in scoring this weekend 😂
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    There will probably be a higher rated Legend Cal released next month or 2. There were multiples of the same legend last year with different ratings... besides, 1% chance??? Pass.
    There will probably be a higher rated Legend Cal released next month or 2. There were multiples of the same legend last year with different ratings... besides, 1% chance??? Pass.
    I just wanted to take a crack at him. He was my baseball hero when I was growing up. I had Cal Ripken everything...
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Same here ive never seen a cal Ripken in this game been saving for awhile but didn’t expect Ripken. Gonna give it a go.. will be back 🤞🏻
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    This is where I think GLU misses the boat. Legends. All time greats, and even today's best players are favorites of many of us for different reasons. We wouldn't play this "game" if we didn't love baseball. When you put a player like Cal Ripken out there but makes the odds less than 5% your taking a lot of the fun out of the game. At least put a pity timer in for these players so one knows the most it will cost if one chooses to. 
    Just my view from the cheap seats. 
    @mythicaldragon let me know how it goes for you

@Rippers could not agree more
    I pulled him from vip gifts @Toughthundercats. Crazy I been saving gold for the first legend I like since about July 317k saved up. They must be trying to pull me back in 😂. I hope you pull him 👍🏻🍀 
    I pulled him from vip gifts @Toughthundercats. Crazy I been saving gold for the first legend I like since about July 317k saved up. They must be trying to pull me back in 😂. I hope you pull him 👍🏻🍀 
    It'll have to be from the bash/CvC boxes. I have about 100k of gold left and with no double gold to make up the gold spent I'm not spending any more on a 1% chance.
    It'll have to be from the bash/CvC boxes. I have about 100k of gold left and with no double gold to make up the gold spent I'm not spending any more on a 1% chance.
    I understand that 😳. Are far are you in now? How much gold? 
    I understand that 😳. Are far are you in now? How much gold? 
    30k in so far...
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    But its Cal..Id take him as a 410 Prime...it's cal...you see...cal.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    2020KC said:
    But its Cal..Id take him as a 410 Prime...it's cal...you see...cal.
    Believe me I'm using a crap ton of restraint from blowing through all my gold. This year is not built on chasing. My luck would have it... Blow through all my gold chasing him and not get him and then get him on my first CvC/bash box
    Looking for a dot 30... thanks 
    Pulled him a second time from newsletter gift. Only wish I had him g10 when I pulled him again lol oops 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    One of my favourite players of all time!  I’m just short 600k of lxp...
    The weird thing is that out the four matches of bash I got Rizzo twice and he's the same odds as Cal and I spent 31k plus 4 bash boxes and one gift and no Cal🤷‍♂️
    edited September 2020
    I picked up Cal today. Along with Harper, Rizzo, Maldonado and Lofton had an awesome weekend spending less than 5K gold. Got real GREEDY though and blew another 20K chasing Greene. What the hell, I figured it's a game and didn't cost me any real money. Still stupid though. Swore I  wouldn't chase past 5K and blew it. Gotta admit though I love opening boxes !!! (at least this weekend)
    Rippers said:
    I picked up Cal today. Along with Rizzo, Maldonado and Lofton had a great weekend spending less than 5K gold. Got greedy though and blew another 20K chasing Greene. What the hell, I figured it's a game and didn't cost me any real money. Still stupid though. Swore I  wouldn't chase past 5K and blew it. Gotta admit though I  love opening boxes !!!
    Trying not to get greedy anymore than what I have been. Sometimes I feel as I should go for broke😂
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Geez Rippers!! That’s one heck of a streak you have going with those Mystery Boxes!!
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited September 2020
    Rippers said:
    I picked up Cal today. Along with Harper, Rizzo, Maldonado and Lofton had an awesome weekend spending less than 5K gold. Got real GREEDY though and blew another 20K chasing Greene. What the hell, I figured it's a game and didn't cost me any real money. Still stupid though. Swore I  wouldn't chase past 5K and blew it. Gotta admit though I love opening boxes !!! (at least this weekend)
    This was just painful to read, you got a great deal on 3 top level primes and a legend for 5k gold, and then proceeded to turn it into a pretty average deal of what you would expect to get spending 25k gold, and it was just so you could get a third legend (which as you are F2P you can't level yet anyway, unless you are silver). WHY rippers, why?
    Rippers said:
    This was just painful to read, you got a great deal on 3 top level primes and a legend for 5k gold, and then proceeded to turn it into a pretty average deal of what you would expect to get spending 25k gold, and it was just so you could get a third legend (which as you are F2P you can't level yet anyway, unless you are silver). WHY rippers, why?
    @Rippers has been defying the odds as of late. Can't be hating on him. Keep defying brotha, keep defying...
    Rippers said:
    @Rippers has been defying the odds as of late. Can't be hating on him. Keep defying brotha, keep defying...
    I am not hating on him, if you want to see me hatin', go see my posts responding to our favorite Glu employee Spoc. I have had very similar luck, having pulled almost every prime top player in the last couple weeks (Verdugo, Judge, Soto, Lemaheiu, Ripkin Jr, Freeman, Cruz, Tatis, Ramirez, Yandy, Pujols, Ohtani, Burnes) with spending very little gold (+ cvc boxes), but when you are on a hot streak you can't push your luck. He had a steal with his pulls this weekend, then proceeded to throw away 20k gold for a third legend (when we can't even level them yet), so I was asking why
    Rippers said:
    I am not hating on him, if you want to see me hatin', go see my posts responding to our favorite Glu employee Spoc. I have had very similar luck, having pulled almost every prime top player in the last couple weeks (Verdugo, Judge, Soto, Lemaheiu, Ripkin Jr, Freeman, Cruz, Tatis, Ramirez, Yandy, Pujols, Ohtani, Burnes) with spending very little gold (+ cvc boxes), but when you are on a hot streak you can't push your luck. He had a steal with his pulls this weekend, then proceeded to throw away 20k gold for a third legend (when we can't even level them yet), so I was asking why
    My bad dude, misinterpreted your comment. Was doing several things at once, only half way paying attention to what I was reading 😳🤪
    Why ? I was on a hot streak like I've never had while playing this game for two years. Decided to just go for it. I had just completed 25 cycles of WOH without using any gold. I still had 30K gold left after chasing Greene so it isn't like it changes my play. I'm a Gold level team and have the LXP to level Greene right now. I'm not F2P but only spend maybe 50 bucks a month. I bought FP this weekend for the 30% discount. The bottom line is I just felt like it. I'm retired and enjoy playing this silly game. Opening boxes is a lot of the fun. When it stops being fun I'll stop playing. 
    Rippers said:
    Why ? I was on a hot streak like I've never had while playing this game for two years. Decided to just go for it. I had just completed 25 cycles of WOH without using any gold. I still had 30K gold left after chasing Greene so it isn't like it changes my play. I'm a Gold level team and have the LXP to level Greene right now. I'm not F2P but only spend maybe 50 bucks a month. I bought FP this weekend for the 30% discount. The bottom line is I just felt like it. I'm retired and enjoy playing this silly game. Opening boxes is a lot of the fun. When it stops being fun I'll stop playing. 
    Why not stop after 5k, or even 10k? I guess I just couldn't believe a non-whale with such luck out the gate decided to chase anyways. This year I wouldn't spend 20k gold chasing a single player (as many on this forum believe player odds are assigned this year). Maybe that is why I have so much gold. But to each his own, keep enjoying retirement and I am sure the hot streak will continue! 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Rippers said:
    Please don’t take this personally @Rippers

but I want to punch you right in the suckhole after reading that....

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    😂