Does stadium matter outside of aesthetics?

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
This one should be a hot topic for debate. Does playing in specific stadiums benefit you in terms of runs scored / points?

For instance, Fenway has the smallest dimensions of any field. Are homeruns easier to hit in Fenway on TSB or is each hit determined to be a single, double, triple, homerun by simple RNG or does each hit have a distance applied to it, which would make it a homerun in one park but not in another? However, I doubt air density is something that would have been taken into account (would be overly complex for what they are doing with game mechanics) so Coors would actually be the worst park to play in since its dimensions are actually the largest of all MLB parks.

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Bash seems to be bugged in a few stadiums. So far, I think Yankee stadium is safe. In terms of game play, I haven’t noticed anything yet. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bobrembobrem Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I was wondering the same thing. I have been hitting the fences a lot more lately. I think I’ll switch to Fenway and see if it makes a difference. 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Even purely for aesthetics, I think the stadiums are awesome.  Another thing they added is the bat flip animation for non-game winning HRs in WoH.  Got me a couple times when I thought i won the game, but then the next pitch comes in.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I've noticed some lag in other stadiums during WOH. It seems to happen after a foul ball. It normally resets itself after a ball hit in play. So I guess the solution to that one is don't hit foul balls. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    This one should be a hot topic for debate. Does playing in specific stadiums benefit you in terms of runs scored / points?

For instance, Fenway has the smallest dimensions of any field. Are homeruns easier to hit in Fenway on TSB or is each hit determined to be a single, double, triple, homerun by simple RNG or does each hit have a distance applied to it, which would make it a homerun in one park but not in another? However, I doubt air density is something that would have been taken into account (would be overly complex for what they are doing with game mechanics) so Coors would actually be the worst park to play in since its dimensions are actually the largest of all MLB parks.

Played at Fenway all weekend and balls hit to right field or the triangle in center IRL are triple and inside the park homer territory, 95% of the time in TSB they are doubles. There was also a bash bug on the extreme pull for a righty that sent the ball probably onto the Mass Pike or into the Charles River (it kept going and going and going and going lol) but only traveled 153 ft. Did the same to center field on a miss so don't know what distance it was credited with.

The no doubters in WoH seem to be consistent to right and left in Fenway, shortest I saw was 324 ft which I have done to right at Yankee Stadium. I don't think the stadium matters all that much aside from the stupid bugs.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited September 2020
    @dustyhunks Yeah, now that I've messed with a few different stadiums I'm unsure it really matters where you play. Balls seem to hit the yellow line at the top of the wall whether it's 420 straightaway center at Comerica or 302 down the line at Fenway lol.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Not long after I posted that someone in the club chat posted a screenshot of them hitting a 544 ft homer at Coors Field of all places. I have never (until now) seen a homer that far in 19 or 20.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Yes, a big advantage when you choose Minute Maid Park. Just make sure to go to ‘settings’ and make sure ‘buzzers’ is turned to ‘ON’. You’re all set!!