Is this bad luck normal?

cubfan1744cubfan1744 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
During this event I’ve spent 15k gold on only league vet boxes which is the most I have ever spent on any event I also got 10 free ones on Friday on twitter. I also spent some money on 10 more. I have not pulled a single prime from those boxes. It is really making me want to quit. Has anyone else experience this kind of bad luck? 

Comments

  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 2,391 Posts
    Multiply that by 100 and yes, happens alot.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • samthemansamtheman New Member Registered Users, Member 406 Posts
    It happens. But if you really wanted a Prime player you should have been opening the other box that guarantees Prime or better on box 12. Now that they’ve un nerfed the counter on the more expensive box buying the cheap ones is a waste in my opinion.
  • cubfan1744cubfan1744 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    samtheman said:
    It happens. But if you really wanted a Prime player you should have been opening the other box that guarantees Prime or better on box 12. Now that they’ve un nerfed the counter on the more expensive box buying the cheap ones is a waste in my opinion.
    I know. I wanted the rizzo prime mostly so all my gold went to that Hoping I’d get him or Shawn green. Feel ripped off as hell.
  • cubfan1744cubfan1744 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Multiply that by 100 and yes, happens alot.
    Glad I’m not the only one
  • samthemansamtheman New Member Registered Users, Member 406 Posts
    I learned last year to not chase a player in the cheaper box. Really shouldn’t chase any player but your chances are better when there’s a guarantee on the counter. I got Rizzo off a gift and I consider it extreme luck.
  • cubfan1744cubfan1744 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    samtheman said:
    I learned last year to not chase a player in the cheaper box. Really shouldn’t chase any player but your chances are better when there’s a guarantee on the counter. I got Rizzo off a gift and I consider it extreme luck.
    Yeah never again man I definitely learned my lesson this event. Congrats on the rizzo. I’m jealous.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 1,776 Posts
    Said it a hundred times..
    The only way to chase a player (a 1%) you want is to have a minimum of 100k gold and probably still come up empty.. 200k is optimal. Boxes are not the same as previous years (despite the odds being the same) 30k got it done in previous years. 
    With 15k you are barley scratching the surface of chasing a player even a prime. Not even getting warmed up.
    I hate it...but it’s the new truth. Cheers 🍻 good luck 🍀 
  • cubfan1744cubfan1744 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Said it a hundred times..
    The only way to chase a player (a 1%) you want is to have a minimum of 100k gold and probably still come up empty.. 200k is optimal. Boxes are not the same as previous years (despite the odds being the same) 30k got it done in previous years. 
    With 15k you are barley scratching the surface of chasing a player even a prime. Not even getting warmed up.
    I hate it...but it’s the new truth. Cheers 🍻 good luck 🍀 
    That’s so crazy. Well at least I know a little better now. Definitely not player chasing ever again. 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 331 Posts
    edited September 6
    The evolution of these 250 gold weekend boxes this year has made them essentially obsolete to everyone but the whales. Prior to primes, these boxes had a 60% chance of pulling XP, which was then consistently raised over the course of the last few months to 80% when primes were in full bloom. Now they are at a charming 87.5% chance of pulling xp! By the end of the year, it will probably be the same as the pitcher boxes (99% chance of XP, 1% chance of players). After reading this, I am definitely not spending any further gold on these boxes.
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 575 Posts
    During this event I’ve spent 15k gold on only league vet boxes which is the most I have ever spent on any event I also got 10 free ones on Friday on twitter. I also spent some money on 10 more. I have not pulled a single prime from those boxes. It is really making me want to quit. Has anyone else experience this kind of bad luck? 
    I’m guessing you haven’t met @likenight here on this forum...
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    On average, I probably do ok to be fair. I have some really bad days where I wish I could rewind the clock and have back the gold I wasted but I had a good week recently spending just under 10k gold all week. Mostly, I decide that if I don’t get something early then I stop. The last time I chased and got what I wanted was 400 max Trout. I get the odd reminder that it’s not worth throwing away your gold. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats New Member Registered Users, Member 1,112 Posts
    On average, I probably do ok to be fair. I have some really bad days where I wish I could rewind the clock and have back the gold I wasted but I had a good week recently spending just under 10k gold all week. Mostly, I decide that if I don’t get something early then I stop. The last time I chased and got what I wanted was 400 max Trout. I get the odd reminder that it’s not worth throwing away your gold. 
    Quite honestly reevaluating this past weekend after letting 31k gold go going after my childhood hero, Mr. Ripken, I based my success by not getting him. I was wrong saying I was unsuccessful probably even beat the odds by some weird way. Out of the Fake ID boxes I received every prime at least twice and every bxp player as well and was able to get them to b7 on just repulls. Not to mention got Cano twice because of the fan rewards I'm sorry box and the three I'm sorry I screwed up nothing but better than prime boxes. In saying all this even though I didn't get Cal I gotta a lot of players that helped out my team and a haul of all kinds of XP. I also got the Rizzo from the vet boxes. Looking back now I feel as if I got pretty good value for the boxes I opened up and gold I spent.
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    During this event I’ve spent 15k gold on only league vet boxes which is the most I have ever spent on any event I also got 10 free ones on Friday on twitter. I also spent some money on 10 more. I have not pulled a single prime from those boxes. It is really making me want to quit. Has anyone else experience this kind of bad luck? 
    I’m guessing you haven’t met @likenight here on this forum...
    I pulled Cal 3 times this weekend 😳
    Go figure...
Sign In or Register to comment.