I escaped, then I was drawn back in to this evil...

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
I thought I had broken the habit (curse).  But I was weak and allowed myself to get sucked back in.
I successfully got Glu to delete me.  However,  upon reinstalling I was able to start 2020 like new.  Got to re-elect my keepers and my VIP carried over.  I reinstalled for the August VIP rewards, played for a weekend and deleted again.  Then I did it all over again for the September gifts.  BAM! Caught Ripkin (twice), Rizzo, and Maldonado all with the gifts.  I got everyone but Green and Harper.  So I played Royale and BAM! 3rd place solo club finish and 2nd place MVP.
Because today is a paid holiday I spent the day cycling.  Got Tenace right off the bat as well as every player but Altuve.  Destroyed WOH 12 times (i get bored). Top 5 solo club, top 5 mvp.  All with players i just got in the last 3 days.  
Now I did purchase all 3 Field Passes. But I hoarded the $99 rewards until 5 minutes ago.  So you get the 12k gold, 100k LXP and 110 LXP deal boxes.  From the boxes I pulled 287K LXP.  So for $99 I got 12k gold, 387K LXP, and the additional 10% discount.   Not bad I think.  Now I am sitting on 700k lxp and I am STAYING gold.
Embarrassed to be back, but man I had a lot of fun over the last 4 days.

Comments

• MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited September 2020
    Most dangerous time to OD is when an addict relapses, pretty close with that $99 purchase right off the gipper. That said, welcome back!
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I got sucked in too...didnt spend but managed Tenace and Loftin from the weekend...going back in my hole now.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I have managed to stay strong so far.  Reading these forums, and seeing issues people are continuously having, has just served to remind me that I made the right decision to cut out when I did....
    edited September 2020
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    I have managed to stay strong so far.  Reading these forums, and seeing issues people are continuously having, has just served to remind me that I made the right decision to cut out when I did....
    Was this you?:

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

A good night...The best in a long time,

A new friend turned me onto an old favorite.

Nothing better than a dealer whose high. Be high convince them to buy...

What's my drug of choice? Well what have you got? I don't go broke.  And I do it a lot.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Millecors said:
    Tdub71 said:
    Was this you?:

Not I, sir.