WOH level up prize for repulls

Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
I was curious to see what level you guys level up the cycle reward player for repull xp? Do you bring him to like G10 then continue to cycle and collect? Where is the 'sweet spot' for you?

Comments

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited September 2020
    It depends on a few things, are you trying to cap the actual player and maximize PXP, or just maximize PXP (planning on tossing player)? Also, are you diamond or platinum? As such, there are different leveling points.
    Also, do you mind spending the gold and evo to cross from silver/gold or gold/platinum for the additional xp? 
    Might just be easier for you to use this excel sheet (credit Sandlot Guru)

For me, I am platinum tier - so if I will have 24 repulls of a prime player (like from this weekend's WOH), my maximizing point to level the initial player pull is G6. However, I don't think the extra PXP is worth the gold and evo to cross from silver to gold, so I level to S10.
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    Thanks for the spreadsheet, couldn't find this
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @trojanman999 and @Thekid84 - attached is an updated version that incorporates skill leveling.  Note that PXP and LXP upgrade costs are all the same.  Please let me know if you have any feedback.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Since I don't evo hunt and my device isn't the best (game runs well in everything except the important part (the BG/tourney push only get about 2 per minute)) I tend to stop at G10, 2nd cycle P10, then whatever left over then proceed to cap as the primes are starter caliber for this light spender.  My team outside of a few rookie 365s is what I affectionately call the WoH all stars.  All but 3 starters are WoH prizes from the last few months.  I try to make sure I cycle enough to keep my pxp at the amount needed for D1.  
    edited September 2020
    Has anyone besides DFBB had the time to cycle WOH 15 times in a single day (Monday or Wednesday royale)? This is just completely unreasonable. They need to break it up into smaller increments for people who have family, lives, jobs, etc. They have already put a prime player as the regular prize, now they need to get rid of this ridiculous 15 cycle minimum in a single day. For a weekend royale, 15 and 25 cycles is doable, but a single day, its a joke and is starting to get frustrating.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    For diamond teams with a few primes, 15 is reachable with enough time, I had 17 today and had time to play a few hundred BGs.  Some of these guys can win in 13-15 minutes with some of the really good teams.  I can personally clear in 20-25 minutes with primes won in previous WoHs.  Outside of diamond and maybe platinum I do feel it's possible but not likely and probably not much fun either.  25 in one day without a very good team and a solid device to cut down on menu and load times is very unlikely.  You'd have to average 24 minutes a win with no downtime and well I like to eat and be semi social with the wife once in a while lol, she's not thrilled to begin with with the amount I already play.

• RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    edited September 2020
    Took my Gold team 8 hours to complete 15 cycles today. It is easier than Monday's WOH but still a chore. But I'm retired and the weather sucked today. Not really worth the effort and I doubt I'll try it again unless they significantly increase the reward. Ten cycles would be more reasonable. 
    edited September 2020
    For diamond teams with a few primes, 15 is reachable with enough time, I had 17 today and had time to play a few hundred BGs.  Some of these guys can win in 13-15 minutes with some of the really good teams.  I can personally clear in 20-25 minutes with primes won in previous WoHs.  Outside of diamond and maybe platinum I do feel it's possible but not likely and probably not much fun either.  25 in one day without a very good team and a solid device to cut down on menu and load times is very unlikely.  You'd have to average 24 minutes a win with no downtime and well I like to eat and be semi social with the wife once in a while lol, she's not thrilled to begin with with the amount I already play.

I have a solid team, on average it takes me between 15-25 minutes a cycle, but that doesn't include breaks, eating, etc. You are looking at least 6-7 hours to complete 15 cycles, and that is if played straight with only a short break. Who can do that on Monday or Wednesday?!? This is during the week as well, so there is obviously work to be done. It is just not plausible for someone who is not retired like rippers, or literally lives for TSB and is probably going to be fired and divorced soon (and should probably go to rehab). The fact that Glu actually set this as the WOH reward is a joke. 

Glu's target demographic is people who have enough money to spend and play, so who are they targeting with this reward? Because it is not those people, they have jobs (excluding retired rippers).
    edited September 2020
    Rippers said:
    Took my Gold team 8 hours to complete 15 cycles today. It is easier than Monday's WOH but still a chore. But I'm retired and the weather sucked today. Not really worth the effort and I doubt I'll try it again unless they significantly increase the reward. Ten cycles would be more reasonable. 
    They should make it 10 cycles for 50,000 LXP. It's more realistically achievable if you spend most of the day playing, but still have other things to do in your life. Heck, make it a two-time reward so the nutjobs can cycle 20 times if they want (you can probably count them on your hands).
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited September 2020
    Has anyone besides DFBB had the time to cycle WOH 15 times in a single day (Monday or Wednesday royale)? This is just completely unreasonable. They need to break it up into smaller increments for people who have family, lives, jobs, etc. They have already put a prime player as the regular prize, now they need to get rid of this ridiculous 15 cycle minimum in a single day. For a weekend royale, 15 and 25 cycles is doable, but a single day, its a joke and is starting to get frustrating.
    More than half of my club did the 25 cycles today. I think it took our guys anywhere from 6-8 hours. @navyjack77 did 5 in under an hour!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    That's not something to be proud of. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    More than half of my club did the 25 cycles today. I think it took our guys anywhere from 6-8 hours. @navyjack77 did 5 in under an hour!
    That’s an intense session of WOH. I played pretty intensely and it took my platinum team 10 hours to do 15. Between meals, work and family, it was not possible to do it any faster, and I was left not wanting to ever do it again. Later in the day when life calmed down, I was doing each cycle in 20-25 minutes. 

But still, a total chore. I probably would have quit if I didn’t need the LXP to cap McGriff. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Didn't start until around 4-4:30 and got 15 in with 45 minutes to spare. 25 in a day is mind numbing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I was able to get 20 done in 5 hrs flat, but again im not currently working and pretty went non-stop for those 5hrs. This is not reasonable to ask of anyone who has family, kids, other obligations....Its noting to be proud of either like some people are stating here, and yes I fall into this category of "idiot" who did the cycles. To each their own, I did it for the same reason @Metsicans stated and needed the lxp so i grinded away. But to have it set at 15 and 25 cycles is not fair to everyone else. It should be every 5 cycles for x amount of xp.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy

From a life perspective, there isn’t anything in a gaming forum to be proud of. Fortunately, there are different standards in the gaming world because you know, it’s not real life. 
    How much money or time anyone spends isn’t any of my business. We all have different lives and to assume others live by your schedule and/or standards is presumptuous at best. If anything, it reeks of insecurity. 

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

Neither is believing in conspiracy theories, chucklehead.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    No but most people work 9-5 jobs and don't have the time or luxury for it. Why set it at 15 at 25 during the week? Why not make it 5 and 10 per cycle. Maybe you have that luxury of not working and family time but most people dont.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    No but most people work 9-5 jobs and don't have the time or luxury for it. Why set it at 15 at 25 during the week? Why not make it 5 and 10 per cycle. Maybe you have that luxury of not working and family time but most people dont.

The difference is, I'm not criticizing anyone. Want to be a blue vip? all the power to you. Grab that player in specials...or don't. It really doesn't matter to me. Now if you're asking what I'd prefer, that's a different story. However, many just take shots at those who don't fit their narrative.  
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    the argument is slightly different for me.  I think the current system actually means less people playing and spending time on the app

I saw numerous guys Yesterday logon, cycle 3 times to have the player for a set and say “see you tomorrow.”

the goal of mobile gaming is always to get users to glue their face to this for as long as possible, but when there is ONLY a reward for some huge chunk of time spent, most are looking at that and saying “nope, not today.  I’m out.”

I think there are numerous ways to incentivize every cycle possible.  
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    the argument is slightly different for me.  I think the current system actually means less people playing and spending time on the app

I saw numerous guys Yesterday logon, cycle 3 times to have the player for a set and say “see you tomorrow.”

the goal of mobile gaming is always to get users to glue their face to this for as long as possible, but when there is ONLY a reward for some huge chunk of time spent, most are looking at that and saying “nope, not today.  I’m out.”

I think there are numerous ways to incentivize every cycle possible.  
    I think it is just a matter of setting the targets appropriately. If, as other suggested, there were smaller chunks of LXP available after every 5 cycles, up to 25, then people could be ‘glued’ to their screens for as long as they choose. By setting the mark so high, I agree with you, a lot of people will just give up. I certainly won’t be doing 15 cycles next week, or probably ever again, other than on a Royale weekend.