460 max potm w/xfactor!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Bam! Still waiting for the ‘catch’ and ofc, the actual boxes to drop. Lol

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Well that’s good I miss potm. However I wish they were a top overall player 480. I never understood potw and potm not being a top overall player?? It’s only for one week/month glu! They are supposed to be “boosted”...460 is not boosted 460 is a second rate player. 
    Don’t get me wrong I understand a 460 would be a monster at diamond.. I don’t need that lecture again and you are just missing the point if so. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Probably want legends to stand alone as the "best players in the game", well that and they want you to buy boxes and lxp, would cut into profits even if there were temporary alternative options.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Bam! Still waiting for the ‘catch’ and ofc, the actual boxes to drop. Lol

Welp guess I'm opening 1,000 crappy draft picks after all lol.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    50% player pulls and @750g!!!
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Huge! Do you think they will be discounted on the weekend as weekend bonus players?
    cb11 said:
    Huge! Do you think they will be discounted on the weekend as weekend bonus players?
    I would guess that they would be, but that's just a guess. Maybe they stagger some as bonuses this weekend. 
    Potm boxes are now in store 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Isn’t it kind of late for them?  I know the mlb picks them, but at this point in the year are many going to chase them?  Seems to me glu missed an opportunity earlier in the year to make their own potm, when we were hungry.

i know I’m not chasing them.  Last year they were used as bonus players less than in previous years.  A few times I had guys who were never bonus players.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    I am going to hold off until I see how much these guys are actually inserted as bonus players. But it is nice to have an option to use BXP on higher level players instead of PXP and LXP.
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Got Abreu on my 4th box
    Feel like I wasted 3k 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Are the x-factor potm's a little more difficult to pull then the one's that don't have it. Just saying since Glu can be shady with stated odds.
    edited September 2020
    Are the x-factor potm's a little more difficult to pull then the one's that don't have it. Just saying since Glu can be shady with stated odds.
    I assumed they would be, but it doesn't appear to be the case. I actually went 3 for 16 in player pulls(all three were Abreu and he has an xfactor) and was definitely salty since the listed odds were 50%. It was just dumb luck I guess. @Mattattack went 17/22 on player pulls so if we add them up, combined, we're over 50%. Whatever. Still salty! lol

whynot said:
    Isn’t it kind of late for them?  I know the mlb picks them, but at this point in the year are many going to chase them?  Seems to me glu missed an opportunity earlier in the year to make their own potm, when we were hungry.

i know I’m not chasing them.  Last year they were used as bonus players less than in previous years.  A few times I had guys who were never bonus players.
    Every single person in my club bought a considerable number of boxes, myself included. IMO, they're flat out broken(gaming term for too good). 50% chance and 750g a box for guys who are superior to primes. In particular, the pitchers are hilariously broken. Compare Yu and Liam to any prime pitcher and there's no comparison. I don't fully agree with the logic, but I guess they wanted to even the playing field a bit. 
    As far as bonuses, iirc, they were bonuses more last year than at any time in the prior 2 years. However, they didn't stagger the bonuses equally and I'm guessing you were on the wrong side of that. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Def broken, i kept pulling the X-factor guys over and over, took me over 60k before i landed a SP. The only thing I wanted in the box.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Hmmm... maybe as F2P player these boxes definitely have a momentous value to them. I'm going to wait and see how they are intergrated as far as being bonus players for events and CvC. That will determine in my mind the true value of these boxes.
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I'm just pulling SR, I want SP.
    We are all beta testers
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    I got bxp from the global gift so I bought one and got the 2B from the Padres, Jake Cronenworth! 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Took four to get anybody but finally got Darvish 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    Got darvish from the gift, was done at one
     Considered buying a few but I don’t think I will as a gold team (mistake should have stayed silver) they just aren’t worth it..As I’m always replacing players and only chase top overall players that’s the silver and gold life 🤷🏻‍♂️. The pitchers would be the only players I’d almost be interested in but I’d just end up replacing them with a 480 soon enough. 
    Sooooooo 👎🏻 
    Never really understood a true rental player not being a top current overall.🙃 Boosted?? 🤣😂 Duuuuuuumb 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Do PotMs qualify for the weekend discount in the discount clubs or no? Thanks!
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Yes
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Thank you!