Maybe an android boycott is in order

GVTRsGVTRs Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
The Judge thing, the captcha thing, the fact that vids don't load for shite compared to my iphone....   Maybe android users should unite and boycott this crap - not spend a penny, cancel subscriptions, etc - until they get it right. It's not right that iphone users should have the advantage time and time again.
The only thing that motivates GLU is money.

Comments

• superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Pretty sure they left there one Android device at the office. Clearly this Prime thing was not tested properly. Missed out on bunch of points yesterday. But hey its not there fault for rolling blackouts and not being able to charge their electric cars to go back to the office.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    On the other side of the coin, Android users get the chance of huge gold rewards in the ‘Offers’ section that Apple won’t allow to be offered to iOS users. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Tapyjoy is another scam, if your not jailed already on it for resetting IDs. Most of the time they dont pay out your large offers. No argurment in this instance.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Is it a reCAPTCHA for every 50 bonus games?  Currently, it's 1 per 5 FREE videos.  What about season or prime games?
    The sh*t of it is, given that they're at home, these are PERFECT testing conditions.  They are able to see exactly what we see as users spread all over the place.  It's clear that not one person tried to get Amazon Judge from an Android device.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    50 bonus games? It's roughly every 5 games for me. Then if I accidentally click the screen while its loading (you can't see it loading) then I get locked out for 30 minutes to a couple hours.

In the last 3 days we have had a blue VIP and green VIP quit because of this nonsense.
    Is it 5?  I wasn't sure.  That sucks.  Yeah, it seems you get 3 failures and then get locked out and a failure counts as anything including what you saw, touching anywhere and it goes away.
    For an app that people spend a shit load of money on, having these captcha checks is not acceptable.  IOs users can bitch and moan all they want, if they want to have it on droids, then IOS must have it as well.  No way its fair that only one platform has it.
    – The Great Houmy
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited September 2020
    I cant blame you guys for being upset.  Putting an end to auto-tap should be a priority but shouldn’t make everyone suffer.  Maybe they can flag guys with a certain amount of games played, say 100k, and institute it on them.  Leave the casual guy alone and address the likely culprit.

Jail the auto tappers!!!!!!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    There's a reason they dont jail anymore as much as they use too in years past. Why would you jail people that spend on your product? Makes no business sense, neither does alienating their droid market and adding these checks on a product that people spend a shit load of money on. Its like the f2p players bitching about ads cause they wont pay 1$ to disable them. This is just on larger scale, ADD captcha checks to IOs and see how they enjoy it every 5-20 games. You cant do it, its not playable.  Dumb business decision on their part.
    – The Great Houmy
    Also you can't just use number of games played to flag people and suspend them. I know plenty of guys with an astronomical amount of games played that do it manually.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Also you can't just use number of games played to flag people and suspend them. I know plenty of guys with an astronomical amount of games played that do it manually.
    Said nothing about suspending anyone.  

Jail the auto tappers!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    oh for f's sake... they just made the unattainable if you are on a droid a bonus again. You can't make this sh!t up 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    oh for f's sake... they just made the unattainable if you are on a droid a bonus again. You can't make this sh!t up 
    just give Judge to everyone 🤷‍♂️.  They fuked up. Easy fix on their end
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Give to all or remove... either one is simple. At least he isn't a super bonus today but ffs man. Oh, and the usual crickets from em on the issue. MAN UP and take responsibility. We all know stuff happens.
    @Bearmeat yeah right lol you remember the whole Gary Sanchez slugfest event thing?
    The 30 minute suspension is clearly because they know the vast majority of regular non-autotap users are going to get falsely caught in their captcha trap.  So they made a little suspension of 30 minutes to contain that mess while still attempting to disrupt the auto-tappers.
    I don't think they can add reCAPTCHA to iOS as it's Android specific in this use case but they could make their own and put it on iOS.  Just pop up a screen having people add two random numbers together or something every 5 games.  I'd like to watch all the hysteria then.  And why is Judge still a bonus player when half of the users can't download him?  At least remove that until all of us can obtain him.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    50 bonus games? It's roughly every 5 games for me. Then if I accidentally click the screen while its loading (you can't see it loading) then I get locked out for 30 minutes to a couple hours.

In the last 3 days we have had a blue VIP and green VIP quit because of this nonsense.
    https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2020/discussion/5458594/tsb20-we-lost-a-lot-of-good-men-out-there/p1

Please update here @je@JEDDDOGGY

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    For an app that people spend a shit load of money on, having these captcha checks is not acceptable.  IOs users can bitch and moan all they want, if they want to have it on droids, then IOS must have it as well.  No way its fair that only one platform has it.
    Royale Weekend would be a perfect opportunity to make that point to GLU if those affected had the self-control to follow through with it.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    JTANDME said:
    just give Judge to everyone 🤷‍♂️.  They fuked up. Easy fix on their end
    They can't stay out of their own way it's like watching two monkeys fu#$ing a football. It's impossible for them to do the easy thing.