No More Twitch Prime?

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
Knowing Glu, the way I know Glu, I never took the bait and linked, so I never got the prizes. No biggie, but what happens now? Is Judge and the resources you guys used to cap down the toilet? 

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    If someone were to write the chronicles of every single Tap sports GLUckUp, nobody would believe that they would still be in business 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    If Judge is still a bonus player this weekend and we can’t get him anymore (for free), people who don’t have him will be PISSED! If he’s NOT a bonus player this weekend, those that do have him, capped, will be PISSED!

Nice job Glu!
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    If Judge is still a bonus player this weekend and we can’t get him anymore (for free), people who don’t have him will be PISSED! If he’s NOT a bonus player this weekend, those that do have him, capped, will be PISSED!

Nice job Glu!
    There was one way out for Glu.... Gift everyone with Judge and make him a bonus player for the weekend then shutdown twitch prime until they can get this train wreck fixed. Problem solved everyone is happy. Once again the inability of Glu to get out of there own way is extremely problematic for them.
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited September 2020
    Since I don’t have Android, I have no clue if this is fair, etc. What I DO know is this has got to be an embarrassment to Glu management and/or stockholders. As I’ve said before, everything they do, they get better and better at shooting themselves in the foot. Over and over again.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Millecors said:

Oh man that’s awesome!!!!  A bevy of franchise coins and energy drinks are heading your way you lucky dogs!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Since I don’t have Android, I have no clue if this is fair, etc. What I DO know is this has got to be an embarrassment to Glu management and/or stockholders. As I’ve said before, everything they do, they get better and better at shooting themselves in the foot. Over and over again.
    I think at this point in the game no matter what they do now they are going to slight one O/S platform. They bungled this whole Amazon prime thing. They should've gave the Amazon prime Judge as a global gift and made him a bonus player. Then there would be no need for compensatory gifts when they roll the whole prime thing out again. I assume everyone would have been happy with that.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    If any of you are in IT or work with IT teams, you will know that the quality of work for this game is a direct result of the Agile development methodology. We are going through it at our job and it’s the latest way of development. It essentially emphasizes quick to market delivery and then rapid fixing. The whole methodology emphasizes speed over quality because it assumes 100% accuracy in coding. Then you quickly fix your mistakes that could have easily been found if it was tested. It also encourages working in silos with very little coordination until the end. It’s basically fantasy land coding and development. Where this applies here is one team gets the login to with with Prime, but they don’t see how it actually works with the rest of the game until it’s too late. So now they have to disable it and try again next week with a new quick to market release. Apply that same thing to every other update and release and that explains why there are so many bugs and “Oops” gifts.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Did everyone else scoff upon reading 'rapid fixing' ?
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Did everyone else scoff upon reading 'rapid fixing' ?

Nah.... I stopped at IT.  Knew that didn’t apply to game so why read further?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard