What your take on Joe Morgan Legend available in WOH

GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
I see him as an improvement over Cruz, Belle and Lofton.  
We are all beta testers
Prev1

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    For sure, but still nerfed.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    He will be my 6th legend collected without leveling any.  Sitting on 300k lxp and not wasting it on so-so skill guys.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I see him as an improvement over Cruz, Belle and Lofton.  
    I would agree with that, but it's also not saying much. Personally, I will NOT level him.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.

If they change HH to something else, I may consider, but as of now if I can't cycle cap him, I won't level with the current LxP squeeze.

This game is getting way to costly.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts

If they change HH to something else, I may consider, but as of now if I can't cycle cap him, I won't level with the current LxP squeeze.

This game is getting way to costly.

I understand not upgrading a player, but what LXP squeeze? LXP has been much easier to come by than when they introduced Primes. Legends came out two weeks ago and I have about 800k LXP. After 2 weeks of Primes, I maybe had 100k - 200k. Thankfully they put LXP rewards in almost immediately which has made accumulating it much easier. Yeah, if you spend it all right away, you’ll never accumulate much. But if you are smart about it and play the events and collect the rewards, it’s easy to come by. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    edited September 2020
    I don't think he's too bad.  Using WoH as the 3rd skill should give you a big enough bump to get a first hit and thus enable hot hitter.
    That's just for WoH though.  As far as other game types, he's a single skill so blah.
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I'm toying with the idea of levelling him up. He's the best LHB available at 2B.
    We are all beta testers
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    He's almost on par with Ken Griffey Legend.
    We are all beta testers
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    5.1 is only LHP in final. Pop on some x-factors & feast away. 

Gold peeps: Save your video reboot for 5.10. Wainwright is stupid bad when it comes to cheating.

Took me six attempts before I got the RNG needed to beat him. It wasn't until I had the video reboot back that I was able to get a beatable sequence.

First five losses was this exact scenario: Cheat, double, HR, cheat, cheat.

Hope this helps. I was cycling two weeks ago about 25 minutes or so at gold. This took close to an hour bc of the cheating. No way I have 15 hours available this weekend to cycle WoH to get a decent reward, much less 25.

Oh, for those who will ask, same guys I dominated with two weeks ago, all with the same boosts, etc. This is total crap.

For squirts and giggles, I tried another cycle and saved the video reboot.

22 minute cycle this time.

Got to 5.10. Same EXACT sequence again: Cheat, Double, HR, cheat, cheat

Video reboot

No cheat outs, cleared within 5 at bats.

Save the video gents!

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Wouldnt touch Morgan unless you value bonus points.   
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    I breezed right through it at gold, no video reboot needed. As easy as it seems, I’m still NOT doing 15 cycles. The first time I did that during Royale weekend I was hating my life by the 10th cycle and the extra 37,500 lxp really wasn’t worth it. As soon as the game becomes not fun and/or not worth the grind, why play it? I still think Glu needs to take this into consideration and lower the requirement to 10 cycles max.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited September 2020
    In a .3 club, at Platinum.  I'll be leveling to P9 and spending rest of weekend hoping to repull.  Left hand hitting 2B with a decent skill set for WOH aint bad at all

At the current difficulty level, Hot Hitter isn't a bad WOH skill at all
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yeap, hes great IMO. 2b lefty, Late inning and HOT isn't the best skill combo but there's worse.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Yeap, hes great IMO. 2b lefty, Late inning and HOT isn't the best skill combo but there's worse.
    If he wasn't a 2B, I wouldnt be nearly as enthusiastic about it.  But that was a tougher spot to fill all last year than most.
  • TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    If I hadn't pulled Griffey, I would have leveled Joe.  I bias toward WOH skills and LI + HH is pretty solid. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    He replaces my last 365, bleeping Villar change bit me in the tail, so yeah he is getting leveled.

KCTribe said:
    I breezed right through it at gold, no video reboot needed. As easy as it seems, I’m still NOT doing 15 cycles. The first time I did that during Royale weekend I was hating my life by the 10th cycle and the extra 37,500 lxp really wasn’t worth it. As soon as the game becomes not fun and/or not worth the grind, why play it? I still think Glu needs to take this into consideration and lower the requirement to 10 cycles max.

Or at least make the main player in the reward every three cycles or something to keep you motivated.

Reality is 15 cycles, with the box, is 50K LxP.  Still isn't worth it, IMO. That was five cycles last year.

KCTribe said:

Or at least make the main player in the reward every three cycles or something to keep you motivated.

Reality is 15 cycles, with the box, is 50K LxP.  Still isn't worth it, IMO. That was five cycles last year.

True about the extra 1K per box, but yeah, still not worth it.

FYI for anyone interested - I’ve got the 1.15x stat bonus this weekend. If you’re needing the extra boost to beat WOH, let me know. Just can’t have you sticking around for Target Bash & CvC.

In game user name is: PattyIce15
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    So did they increase difficulty this morning? I have 11 cycles under my belt without issue, but I've failed 6x in a row this morning and its pissing me off.
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    My auto plays are failing that normally win... I manually play and get curved out... they have to had beefed up difficulty...
    Thekid84 said:
    My auto plays are failing that normally win... I manually play and get curved out... they have to had beefed up difficulty...

The arbitrary "window of death" occurs every WoH event. I'm going to try and cycle in a few. I want to hit 15 for the weekend bc that LXP will help me finish capping a player. You know I'm all about letting everyone know if the frickery is on.

Also, close and reopen the app.  That's helped my RNG factor many times when I run into issues where autoplays aren't working or I'm getting cheated.  This doesn't work all the time....

Another reason why I hate this 15 cycle crap.  They have ruined my favorite event. Impossible to cycle 15 times on Monday, then the weekends they pull this crap.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    KCTribe said:

True about the extra 1K per box, but yeah, still not worth it.

FYI for anyone interested - I’ve got the 1.15x stat bonus this weekend. If you’re needing the extra boost to beat WOH, let me know. Just can’t have you sticking around for Target Bash & CvC.

In game user name is: PattyIce15
    I can't stress enough how much of a game changer the stat boost is. If anyone is having any problems at all, I'd definitely take this offer. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    It truly is a game changer. I’ve only cycled WOH 3 times, but I didn’t lose a single round and used a video boost on just 5.10. I don’t even think I needed it. That’s saying something for a gold team.

I’ve also been putting up insane scores in prime games and winning bonus games at a much higher clip. As @DFBB would say, the game feels broken!
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    It truly is a game changer. I’ve only cycled WOH 3 times, but I didn’t lose a single round and used a video boost on just 5.10. I don’t even think I needed it. That’s saying something for a gold team.

I’ve also been putting up insane scores in prime games and winning bonus games at a much higher clip. As @DFBB would say, the game feels broken!
    I haven't had any gold team issues with WOH since going gold.  Were you having issues before?  I agree the stat boost is great, this is the 1st time I have ever had it.  Like you I haven't any hiccups this weekend.   Rizzo could even beat it I bet.  I don't want to try and waste the time to find out though.  But he is still my number 2 lefty, never fails me.  Which for me is great considering how far down my list he is:

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I’m tired.... If I didn’t have a bout driving coming up I’d try to for 25

• JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    I leveled Morgan instead of chasing Griffey. Saves gold and improved my team. Every team is different. Wouldn’t even say he was a “need” but a lefty 2nd is nice and with GLU it could have always been ways worse. 🥴
    edited September 2020
    @Millecors no sir, not many issues before the stat boost either. But this weekend makes things almost a joke. Your team is way more stacked, but here’s mine. I’m with you, pretty sure my lesser guys like Tauchman (425 ovr) could close with the stat boost. It’s such a cheat code.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Its funny that everyone keeps posting how easy it is, why not just keep cycling for resources and leave at that. lol, next week or whenever they will adjust it and then you all will be singing a different tune. Happens all the time, when you guys keep posting "its so easy, blah blah blah", your just asking for them to bump up the difficulity. Common sense ppl.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy