What your take on Joe Morgan Legend available in WOH

2Next

Comments

• KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Just to add - my 5.10 closer is keeper Brett (438 ovr) at 8/8 and it’s still a breeze.
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    Just to add - my 5.10 closer is keeper Brett (438 ovr) at 8/8 and it’s still a breeze.
    Yeah, my Cruz Jr keeper could close as well and he's at 10/16.  Invest in your keepers people, only players you'll have that can consistently stay close to the curve. 
    dkarski87 said:
    Its funny that everyone keeps posting how easy it is, why not just keep cycling for resources and leave at that. lol, next week or whenever they will adjust it and then you all will be singing a different tune. Happens all the time, when you guys keep posting "its so easy, blah blah blah", your just asking for them to bump up the difficulity. Common sense ppl.
    We are talking about how great the stat bonus is  bud, are you blind? The fact you think Glu is concerning themselves with a a couple of guys talking about how easy it is with a 1.15x solo bonus club is laughable. They don’t give a s*** about us. Take your own advice and go back to “cycling for resources and leave it at that.” Clown.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    dkarski87 said:
    Its funny that everyone keeps posting how easy it is, why not just keep cycling for resources and leave at that. lol, next week or whenever they will adjust it and then you all will be singing a different tune. Happens all the time, when you guys keep posting "its so easy, blah blah blah", your just asking for them to bump up the difficulity. Common sense ppl.
    We are talking about how great the stat bonus is  bud, are you blind? The fact you think Glu is concerning themselves with a a couple of guys talking about how easy it is with a 1.15x solo bonus club is laughable. They don’t give a s*** about us. Take your own advice and go back to “cycling for resources and leave it at that.” Clown.
    Think you forgot auto tapping didn’t you?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @KCTribe you among many others are the ones that bitch and cry when WOH difficulty goes up, the fact that you dont see how posting and gloating about how easy it is, stat boost or not just shows the stupidity. Doesn't impact me at all, its all the lower tier teams that will struggle when they swap out for LEGEND pitcher on the last 5 and you gold teams will be struggling to cycle. Then bitch and cry that WOH is too hard. But hey bud, do you.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @KCTribe you among many others are the ones that bitch and cry when WOH difficulty goes up, the fact that you dont see how posting and gloating about how easy it is, stat boost or not just shows the stupidity. Doesn't impact me at all, its all the lower tier teams that will struggle when they swap out for LEGEND pitcher on the last 5 and you gold teams will be struggling to cycle. Then bitch and cry that WOH is too hard. But hey bud, do you.
    While I do agree with you, and I am just as guilty at times, the difficulty is going to increase regardless.   You know that as well as anyone.  And just because it's "easy" for us doesn't mean it is for the general public.   While KC and I aren't elite like you and the rest of the top 1% (that's not a jab btw, honestly just giving you props for your team building and gameplay), we are in the tier just below you guys.  Most people on this forum have built quality teams.  I'd like to think the forum itself helped with that.  Sometimes it just feels good to brag.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

I honestly prefer it be like it was last year. A tad harder with the Legend and 10K XP each round. I LOVE WoH but cycling 15 times, even over a weekend, gets old.

I did 25 two weekends ago. Won't do it again.

The old way felt like you were accomplishing something with a cycle cap, thus more motivation.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Trust me man I hear you guys, and Im all for it. Its just one of those things that sometimes saying less is the better option. And yes WOH is due for a bump regardless, and for the lower tier teams if they stick legends SP in WOH at higher levels, it wont be easy for u guys even with top bats and high skills. Alot of people dont remember the dark days of WOH, for those that do....Trust me it wasn't fun. Lv10 pitchers in WOH, and I even remember having capped ATGs with 20/20 skills and sometimes that wasn't even enough... with boosts. So I hear you guys about wanting to post your success, and all for it. But what you have to remember is that they check these forums often and adjust based on feedback. (feedback that generally does not help the user base).
    – The Great Houmy
    @drsmartassphd me as well, I would rather a harder WOH with less cycles if that was a choice.
    – The Great Houmy
    My team is built for the harder WoH too. Guys are capped 12/12, at least...

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• spaghettiloverspaghettilover Registered Users 59 Posts
    Put me down as someone who STRONGLY prefers this year's WOH over previous. This year feels like you're being rewarded for putting resources into your team and having a good lineup and the grind comes from putting in the time needed to cycle 25 times. It's so much more enjoyable to actually be able to beat the thing, and grinding out the cycles is way more fun that having to grind against the RNG, IMO.

Not to mention that Glu has been extremely generous with resources the last couple of months. The fact that, without spending a dime, I've been able to Gold cap two Legend players already (with enough resources for a third if I land someone) is awesome! Glu has been kind of crushing it lately.

That being said, expecting 25 cycles for Monday WOH or Wednesday Royale is completely ridiculous. I wish that would be adjusted, but oh well.
    12/12 isn't enough if they stick in lv10 pitchers. You thought cheat outs were bad now? You haven't seen anything yet till you see lv10 pitchers, Legend or high primes. Back in the Neris days, it would take sometimes 5-10 restarts just to see a hittable pitch sequence PER CYCLE. There was no such as thing as cycle capping in those days, it was one and done. 20/20 capped ATG with 80g boosts, and ur still getting curved out 9 straight times.. Those were the dark days of WOH.
    – The Great Houmy
    @dkarski87 show me a post about where I’ve bitched about WOH difficulty. Go ahead, I’ll wait. 

No duh, WOH difficulty will go up. It always does. Whether or not I make a few posts about how beneficial the stat boost is has no effect on that. You think it shows my stupidity, I think it shows your self righteousness. Please step down from your high horse.

Anyone else experiencing the window of death right now? I can't sim past 2.5 right now. If I play it, it is dead bat and curve outs.

I even used a Legend one try and couldn't get past it.

I've tried closing and reopening the game. Didn't work. Same thing again. LOL

This is beyond brutal. I'm at 13 cycles. Only need two more. Still get past Level 2.

• DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    This is beyond brutal. I'm at 13 cycles. Only need two more. Still get past Level 2.
    Zero issues at diamond. It’s taken a while doc, but I think I’ve zeroed in on your problem. 🤣 kudos to you for fighting the good fight. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I'd like something in between now which can at times you're fighting against just not wanting to go through the tower without going to sleep and the Neris/Diaz days a lot of the old veterans remember.  I had days back then of samples of 1-31, 0-30 against those guys with premium bats and top boosts it literally didn't matter what you did.  Prime pitchers will blunt some of this soon as they're just now using the better bxp arms at the end (360+).  Past years saw scenarios tighten up with better pitchers leveled up (I believe last season had legends and ATGs at level 5 of tier which even took a bit of diamond advantage away).  Slightly more difficulty with upper end rewards, maybe tier 2 players (currently 440+ primes with competitive skills) would be slightly more engaging.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'd like something in between now which can at times you're fighting against just not wanting to go through the tower without going to sleep and the Neris/Diaz days a lot of the old veterans remember.  I had days back then of samples of 1-31, 0-30 against those guys with premium bats and top boosts it literally didn't matter what you did.  Prime pitchers will blunt some of this soon as they're just now using the better bxp arms at the end (360+).  Past years saw scenarios tighten up with better pitchers leveled up (I believe last season had legends and ATGs at level 5 of tier which even took a bit of diamond advantage away).  Slightly more difficulty with upper end rewards, maybe tier 2 players (currently 440+ primes with competitive skills) would be slightly more engaging.
    The last time I faced the infamous level 10 potm Neris, I was 0-30 before breaking through. I was silver and a single skill(2x skills didn't come out till much later) Johnny Bench(vs rhp, leveled to 16) was my best option. Back then, almost every single one of us were either silver or gold(it cost 50k+ gold to level a prime/legend to d10 in '18; diamond players were basically unicorns). 

Regardless of what is said or isn't said, they know exactly how many people cycled 'x' amount of times. I strongly disagree with the WoH approach this year, but I do understand it. I've been around a good bit and WoH leads to more frustration than all the other events combined(feel free to search the forum history for tsb '18 and '19). This year, the talk is now about the repetitive and watered down nature of WoH. Same song, different dance.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but obviously, we have many on both sides of the fence. Last year, when guys would ask me for advice on making the jump to diamond, my response would be directly tied to their Monday schedule. In the first half of '19, diamond life really centered on Mondays. Now, it really doesn't matter.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    The difficulty will remain as long as 15/25 is the requirement. I would be surprised if we started seeing the legend rewarded every third cycle like we did with primes. Maybe after the season is over. I also wouldn't  be surprised if Monday never changes and remains how it is. Capping legends on weekends with the 3 fp's available pretty much ensures most that spend will buy at least 1 of them and the majority spending on 2. Now, too many weekends in a row like a lot of people just experienced I know (1 person in club got Blue, 3 got Willy Jack) is a sure fire way to curb that spending but Monday being what it has been both with the event and the players available in the box only makes the weekend discount and level more appealing and certainly generates more revenue for Glu than any Monday ever has I would speculate.

Yep, that approach is what is saving me money! Thanks, GLU.

With no LxP available with cycling, they just found another neat way to cut off customers from resources.

I'm hardly playing on Mondays now, whereas I would normally play all day.

Weekend Royale I've limited my play there too. Don't care. Effort isn't worth it.

2020 is all take and no give from GLU so far.

• TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts

With no LxP available with cycling, they just found another neat way to cut off customers from resources.

Weekend Royale I've limited my play there too. Don't care. Effort isn't worth it.

Get a life
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Wouldnt touch Morgan unless you value bonus points.   
    ill admit i was dead wrong here.   Used Morgan as my closer yesterday and he crushed with a level 8 woh x factor.  I expect him to be my woh closer for a while.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

Difference between diamond life and all the other tiers. I haven't felt squeezed in any sense for weeks now, probably months almost. No problem stacking resources and can always cap on weekend and probably during week if I really want to. I'm a fp only guy for the most part with the occasional special like this last weekend for 48 250g boxes to get a couple repulls which resulted in 3 bxp players at each pity timer. I prefer chasing the player than resources much much more but it does mean I am less inclined to even browse the specials after those results I mentioned above.