Tom Seaver gift!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Only 2 hours and 52 minutes to go! 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Max rating?
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Max rating?
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Sorry I missed  it in the picture.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I must be living under a rock because I missed that he died 3 weeks ago.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    While I appreciate the gift he’s going to be on my bench unless he comes leveled at Platinum 10. I don’t even level my Prime pitchers 😂 I think this is more of a “whale” gift.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    While I appreciate the gift he’s going to be on my bench unless he comes leveled at Platinum 10. I don’t even level my Prime pitchers 😂 I think this is more of a “whale” gift.

Agreed. LOL. Until there are blue boxes or other ways to get enough LxP, I'll dump him.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited September 2020
    I'll wait and see if he's part of a set for Wednesday.  If hes just a solo bonus player....maeh

Nice gesture, but cant afford to spend LXP leveling him
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts

Agreed. LOL. Until there are blue boxes or other ways to get enough LxP, I'll dump him.

Yep, same here. While I do appreciate the free legend, as a F2P (mostly) player, he’s going straight to the wood chipper. If I were sitting on another 200K lxp I’d level him, but currently I’m saving up for the next quality bat that lands in my lap.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    if hes a weekend discount i can make it work, probably pass otherwise
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    You would think glu would give a heads up to how long he will be bonus to tempt us
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Can’t complain about a free legend. But yeah, it’s still too precious at platinum, can’t afford to blow the LXP on him. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    115 ARM/147 STUFF, hes better then Perry for sure
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Mine disappeared while trying to put him in the lineup. WTF
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited September 2020
    Nice gift! Yes u still have to level him... but regardless nice gift I needed a sp. I have no problem saying when glu does something good.... they just don’t give me many opportunities. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    And he’s bonus today... so.. glu 👏 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    It didn't cost them a dime. 

They screw you over so much that you have battered spouse syndrome. 
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    KCTribe said:

Yep, same here. While I do appreciate the free legend, as a F2P (mostly) player, he’s going straight to the wood chipper. If I were sitting on another 200K lxp I’d level him, but currently I’m saving up for the next quality bat that lands in my lap.
     You know he is VIP Only so if you are F2P player you won’t get him unless you aren’t a F2P aka VIP then should be ok except never use F2P again . VIPs be first to dump or trade him in no idea how that works for glu ? Give em to F2P guys they will actually level and use him . I forgot glu all about the greed not about players that don’t spend yet play game for years . Cost glu nothing to make him or give him out so easy up on the Glu God Worshiping 
    DirectFX said:
    KCTribe said:

You know he is VIP Only so if you are F2P player you won’t get him unless you aren’t a F2P aka VIP then should be ok except never use F2P again . VIPs be first to dump or trade him in no idea how that works for glu ? Give em to F2P guys they will actually level and use him . I forgot glu all about the greed not about players that don’t spend yet play game for years . Cost glu nothing to make him or give him out so easy up on the Glu God Worshiping 
    I am curious.  Why do you think glu should give things to people that don’t spend?  Do you also go to stores and harass them because they actually expect you to pay for stuff?
    - Blueleopard
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Im confused.  The Vip’s in our club got Seaver. But a couple non ViP got him too.  Nobody else???
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    whynot said:
    DirectFX said:
    KCTribe said:

I am curious.  Why do you think glu should give things to people that don’t spend?  Do you also go to stores and harass them because they actually expect you to pay for stuff?
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I don’t spend money on this game yet I totally agree with your statement whynot 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I'm not even opening the box because I don't feel like redoing my rotation after they make him my ace at b1
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    whynot said:
    DirectFX said:
    KCTribe said:

I agree with you to a point. Yes VIP's should get gifts that F2P players and other players that spend very little shouldn't get but where I disagree with you is that F2P and players that spend not very much I would assume make up the vast majority of Glu's player base. For me I have been playing this infernal racket for years. Shouldn't there be something for loyalty? Maybe not a Legend but maybe some player boxes that equal up to the pity timer. That is one of Glu's biggest issues not engaging their player base across all platforms from F2P up to top spenders. They figure way to slight a faction of their player base one way or another. Either Android players or IOS players, F2P players or the spenders.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    whynot said:
    You would think glu would give a heads up to how long he will be bonus to tempt us
    Agree but I see their reasoning too. If I tell you it's through the weekend you would be smart to save the lxp til you get that .3 club and field pass. Personally I am gambling and did not level him. If he is not a weekend bonus so be it. 
    JTANDME said:
    whynot said:
    Agree but I see their reasoning too. If I tell you it's through the weekend you would be smart to save the lxp til you get that .3 club and field pass. Personally I am gambling and did not level him. If he is not a weekend bonus so be it. 
    Valid point.  Maybe they can just pm me.  I promise not to let anyone else know. 😇
    - Blueleopard