Gosh, These Players Look Familiar?!?!

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Oh, that's because they are.

Yesterday's 480 Dusty Baker is today's Don Baylor, just 20 points different. Same position, same skills. Two weeks later.

Yet ANOTHER Pitcher (legend) with the same skills.

A switch hitting catcher and switch hitting third basemen available the same weekend? Awesome!! Oh wait, they both have the same skills. Also seems like 75% of the legends released so far have RISP. I know I have several leveled: McGriff, Piazza, Green to name a few. I know I avoided several others.

Looking forward to new boxes was once exciting. Over saturation of players, especially same positions with the same skills, is making this way too predictable.

I get it, though. More players means more the whales will spend on getting everyone, only to dump 70% of them in two days.

Here's to hoping they at least make WoH fun again. If not, all I can do is say "Thank You!!"

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I’ve said it before, sets are the worst thing that ever happened to the game. Game went from affordable to brutally expensive with that one change and the accompanying proliferation of bonus players. I used to get excited with one good pull. Now you need at least 5 to compete. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    I’ve said it before, sets are the worst thing that ever happened to the game. Game went from affordable to brutally expensive with that one change and the accompanying proliferation of bonus players. I used to get excited with one good pull. Now you need at least 5 to compete. 

I don't even try for sets any longer.

I was "given" one by GLU (same as a crack dealer giving you free crack) yesterday so I decided to see if I could make the game more fun for myself since all the events I like are ruined.

I don't know how you diamond guys do it. I really don't. I got bored with BGs after about 150 of them.

Again, TY GLU!! I am almost there!!!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts

Could we trouble you to get “there” quicker? 🤣
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Considering the vast majority of the people claiming to be "almost there" have been saying that since 19 and spending money well into 20,  I don't think Glu cares.
    Considering the vast majority of the people claiming to be "almost there" have been saying that since 19 and spending money well into 20,  I don't think Glu cares.

As well they shouldn't!

Whatever. You would miss me if I was gone.

I say what many are thinking and I don't care how it comes across.

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    If it wasn’t for all of the hot ladies on global, I’d have quit 2 years ago. 
  • DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts

Whatever. You would miss me if I was gone.

Accurate! 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    edited September 2020
    I only continue to play because I was dumb in one of the good years (2018)and now I'm cost averaging my investment. 

This game and every single member of the Glu TSB team are hot garbage 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    My favorite is them releasing players this year with the identical artwork they used in 19

think E5 was the most recent 

I just realized that there are three great players available this weekend that are switch hitters now, all of which have the same skills.

Add Albies to Chipper and Posada.

What a joke.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

I just realized that there are three great players available this weekend that are switch hitters now, all of which have the same skills.

What a joke.

Switch hitters generally get nerfed with skills, but I agree that a bit of variety wouldn't kill anyone. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    DFBB said:

What a joke.

Switch hitters generally get nerfed with skills, but I agree that a bit of variety wouldn't kill anyone. 
    And that’s why my favorite player so far this whole year, is still a max 410 player...double hot hitter Adalberto Mondesi...that guy still rakes in all modes, even WoH through the middle rounds of level 5.

I have Ozzie Smith and still haven't leveled him. 480 HH/Runners on.

I have Ozzie Smith and still haven't leveled him. 480 HH/Runners on.

Imo, he's currently the best player so far in '20.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    DFBB said:

What a joke.

And that’s why my favorite player so far this whole year, is still a max 410 player...double hot hitter Adalberto Mondesi...that guy still rakes in all modes, even WoH through the middle rounds of level 5.
    and yet he is without a doubt one of the laziest players in the game...as a Royals fan Id give up a month's pay for him to have run out one ground ball this year..
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    2020KC said:
    DFBB said:

What a joke.

and yet he is without a doubt one of the laziest players in the game...as a Royals fan Id give up a month's pay for him to have run out one ground ball this year..
    I actually didn't know this about Mondesi, but he's been scorching hot lately!
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @2020KC

The apple doesn’t fall far...his dad was a lazy **** too!  Wasted his otherworldly talent for years on the Dodgers, during my teens.  Same reason I never liked Matt Kemp much either.  As annoying as Puig was, at least he gave 100% effort — it was just misguided more often than any fan wants it to be, lol.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    He had one week.. literally all year.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    2020KC said:
    He had one week.. literally all year.
    POTW mondesi! lmao