RISP...

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
edited September 2020 in General TSB Discussion
They can't get away from that ordinary mediocre skill that ruins great players such as Chipper. There is a lot of this skill right now on the top flight players. They should use top flight skill combos on those players. That skill makes Chipper very pedestrian. Very disappointed. 

Knoblauch, Jones, and Posada. Top flight players made pedestrian with RISP skill... What a waste....

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

See my thread above. McGriff, Green, and Piazza are a few more.

Direct result of over saturation of players so the whales spend more money.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited September 2020
    Kind of sad you guys dont see the pattern by now - its been the same thing everytime there is a major overall bump for the past 5 months now (since before primes came out). The first players to come out with the overall bump will have very mediocre to poor skills, and the skills will get better each successive box set, until it nears the next overall bump when the best skills come out (double ROB, double LHP/RHP, double HH, and double blowout). That way, Glu thinks they are motivating people to level up the new players each set - why keep your garbage 480 3b with RISP/Late Innings, when you have pulled a 480 double HH switch hitting 3b? 
    I learned my lesson a long time ago, do not waste resources on the first couple sets of players when an overall bump occurs, as the skills will always be the worst.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Kind of sad you guys dont see the pattern by now - its been the same thing everytime there is a major overall bump for the past 5 months now (since before primes came out). The first players to come out with the overall bump will have very mediocre to poor skills, and the skills will get better each successive box set, until it nears the next overall bump when the best skills come out (double ROB, double LHP/RHP, double HH, and double blowout). That way, Glu thinks they are motivating people to level up the new players each set - why keep your garbage 480 3b with RISP/Late Innings, when you have pulled a 480 double HH switch hitting 3b? 
    I learned my lesson a long time ago, do not waste resources on the first couple sets of players when an overall bump occurs, as the skills will always be the worst.
    Quite honestly, I know the pattern. It's the same pattern as last year. I'm just saying why not save the likes of Jones, and Posada for the better skills.
    I understand the pattern well, but again, too many players is also a huge part of this problem.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    Quite honestly, I know the pattern. It's the same pattern as last year. I'm just saying why not save the likes of Jones, and Posada for the better skills.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they have Jones and Posada 4 more times this year, probably 1 or 2 of those versions will have decent/solid skills. They usually alternate the players for the skills as well - for instance, Prime Freeman (max 435) a few weeks ago had the epic double RHP combo, in today's box he now has HH and Close. Same thing with Seager - it wont be any different for legends.
    4 more times before the end of the year? With the oversaturation of players, we may see them 4 times over the next month.

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    The Hotlanta box is a hot shart.  No one is good for WoH or other modes.  Seager is good in the other box but the odds make him unlikely.  Great weekend to sit out.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The Hotlanta box is a hot shart.  No one is good for WoH or other modes.  Seager is good in the other box but the odds make him unlikely.  Great weekend to sit out.
    It's interesting to see different perspectives. Myself and most around me were drooling over the Hotlanta box. I spent most of my gold stash looking for Chipper(no dice), but ultimately settled for Niekro. The 250g box? Um, nty to the max! 
    I agree with the hate on 'risp' to some degree. Thing is, from a diamond perspective, I don't even know what we're chasing. I like the idea of team building or building towards something, but WoH has been a joke all year and EB is just a willingness to burn cash/gold. Ultimately, it comes down to club points. If that's not a priority, then I can definitely understand the camp that is very unhappy with '20. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Acuna is a good card for woh; HH has been working well for me.
    As much as I dislike RISP, Chipper has been going ham this weekend with a 2.200 OPS. Granted, they are Prime games, but still looks good. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Because they will be too OP.   You get those guys you are less likely to “need” others.   It’s about trying to get to you to constantly want new players.   Same reason we haven’t seen a 2x RHP legend yet or a 2x first pitch .   We will eventually but for now it’s not the wisest move on their end.   I personally don’t like RISP either but in a way it saves me from myself because I don’t feel like I have to go broke for Chipper or Jorge 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I pulled seagar but the rally skill is of zero interest to me.  It’s ok for woh but like DFBB said woh is a joke so I don’t really build my team for it.  It’s too bad because that Seagar is almost intriguing 
    I pulled seagar but the rally skill is of zero interest to me.  It’s ok for woh but like DFBB said woh is a joke so I don’t really build my team for it.  It’s too bad because that Seagar is almost intriguing 
    Yeah, I surprisingly got Seager from the bash box. Likewise the only player I liked from both boxes. 
    The only thing is I have the Polonco prime. He's been a masher for me even with the RISP. He has been extremely versatile because of his switch hitting. But I love Seager's skill set more.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    The reason is simple. They put the names people will chase in the boxes first with the less desirable skills. Then the lesser names will come later with better skills. They know people will chase the names of their favorite players but who would spend for Dale Murphy if he didn’t have double LHP skills? When the first double RHP skill comes out, it will probably be someone like Chris Chambliss or Sid Bream.
    sullipa8 said:
    The reason is simple. They put the names people will chase in the boxes first with the less desirable skills. Then the lesser names will come later with better skills. They know people will chase the names of their favorite players but who would spend for Dale Murphy if he didn’t have double LHP skills? When the first double RHP skill comes out, it will probably be someone like Chris Chambliss or Sid Bream.
    Agreed. That makes perfect sense. Quite honestly not a bad strategy
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    DFBB said:
    It's interesting to see different perspectives. Myself and most around me were drooling over the Hotlanta box. I spent most of my gold stash looking for Chipper(no dice), but ultimately settled for Niekro. The 250g box? Um, nty to the max! 
    I agree with the hate on 'risp' to some degree. Thing is, from a diamond perspective, I don't even know what we're chasing. I like the idea of team building or building towards something, but WoH has been a joke all year and EB is just a willingness to burn cash/gold. Ultimately, it comes down to club points. If that's not a priority, then I can definitely understand the camp that is very unhappy with '20. 

Interesting to hear different perspectives indeed. You said you aren’t sure what players you’re chasing at diamond, and it feels the same way for me at gold. In previous years it was always “who helps me in WOH?” Since it has become such a joke I’m not really sure what players to get excited about anymore. I think the over saturation we’ve talked about definitely plays a big part in that too. It’s become almost overwhelming. Club points seem to be all that matter in 2020 and I don’t have the time, energy, or money to keep up with that motive. Just more catering to the 🐳 it seems.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I don't really care much for club points either.  It takes way too many, the entire club has to be killing it, and is the return worth the effort?  Top 5 spots are good but after that, is the gold spent acquiring and upgrading the players, worth the reward?
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    DFBB said:

Interesting to hear different perspectives indeed. You said you aren’t sure what players you’re chasing at diamond, and it feels the same way for me at gold. In previous years it was always “who helps me in WOH?” Since it has become such a joke I’m not really sure what players to get excited about anymore. I think the over saturation we’ve talked about definitely plays a big part in that too. It’s become almost overwhelming. Club points seem to be all that matter in 2020 and I don’t have the time, energy, or money to keep up with that motive. Just more catering to the 🐳 it seems.
    WOH is a complete joke this year. If you’re a mediocre diamond team, all it takes is time. Gold and below, your club points aren’t really putting up the numbers, and the prize you get shouldn’t make your roster. This year is all about exploiting their top spenders.  Top mystery box names are meaningless. It’s rinse, wash, and repeat. Glu (TSB) has failed to engage the 95% of players in this game. It’s incredibly boring to play if you’re not Diamond... and even at that it’s a complete chore unless you’re running auto tap. The “whales” just like competition  I don’t get it.  It’s literally the same fight day in and day out. 
    I don't really care much for club points either.  It takes way too many, the entire club has to be killing it, and is the return worth the effort?  Top 5 spots are good but after that, is the gold spent acquiring and upgrading the players, worth the reward?

Correct. Another example of having to put a TON into the game to get little to nothing back in return.

@bearmeat post above is correct.  The game is now completely catered to the 5% of the players that shelling out hundreds every two days to get all the players for all the impossible bonus sets.

WoH is dead. IF I play it, I only cycle three times and quit. The only WoH player I have leveled since the change to 15 and 25 rounds for LxP is Piazza. All the rest are dumped.

Again, I'm not complaining here as much as I am happy about this. I'll finish out this year bc I went VIP during COVID when I literally had nothing else to do but sit at home and play games. Now that the world is open again, I have plenty to do, and TSB's changes don't fit what I enjoy playing any longer.

I'm playing less and less, farming less and less, and of course, not spending unless it is the cheap deals at $1 or $2.  I haven't bought a box with gold I've farmed in weeks.  All the players I've gotten have been in gifts or CvC wins. I have four legends I would have normally leveled by now, but they are just sitting in Inactive mode.

Thank you, thank you, thank you GLU!! I mean that!

@bearmeat: I think I put this in another thread, don't remember.

Last TH I got one of the bonus sets via gift boxes and CvC wins, so I decided to try pounding out Bonus Games for a day to see if I would enjoy Diamond, as it is obvious that this is what 2020 is.  WoH, Slugfest, are both done for.

I even did the FP to make sure I could autoplay, etc. I know the FP is pretty much a must at Diamond, which is another hang up I have.  GLU should offer autosim on games, but whatever. I know that won't happen.

Either way, I alone got my club in the top 10, but after 150 games, I got tired of it. Yeah it was cool to see 5 or 6M point rounds, but that just isn't fun. I like to actually use the guys I win for something. I want to see them hit, their stances, etc.  Yeah I know that sounds geeky, but simulating games all day isn't my idea of fun. Nothing at all against you diamond guys. I'm just one person and that's my opinion.

edited September 2020

@bearmeat: I think I put this in another thread, don't remember.

Last TH I got one of the bonus sets via gift boxes and CvC wins, so I decided to try pounding out Bonus Games for a day to see if I would enjoy Diamond, as it is obvious that this is what 2020 is.  WoH, Slugfest, are both done for.

I even did the FP to make sure I could autoplay, etc. I know the FP is pretty much a must at Diamond, which is another hang up I have.  GLU should offer autosim on games, but whatever. I know that won't happen.

Either way, I alone got my club in the top 10, but after 150 games, I got tired of it. Yeah it was cool to see 5 or 6M point rounds, but that just isn't fun. I like to actually use the guys I win for something. I want to see them hit, their stances, etc.  Yeah I know that sounds geeky, but simulating games all day isn't my idea of fun. Nothing at all against you diamond guys. I'm just one person and that's my opinion.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. You put the time or in other people's cases...money you want enjoy that player that finally got. Just like that Bart I got from CvC, I want to use him and watch his mechanics. Nothing like watching your player you spent time and gold for hit a home run or a walk off double.

Here's to hoping they put WoH back like it was before.

If not, one step closer!! Yay!!!!

And once again, the legend has RISP

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    The patterns with skills on players with each new bump is pretty predictable.  This shouldn't surprise anyone
  • spotspot Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    These bad skills for top players all started when they added the 3rd skill jmo!!
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    spot said:
    These bad skills for top players all started when they added the 3rd skill jmo!!
    I think you are spot on!

:Doc Sees Reggie Smith:
    "Look kids! Big Ben! Parliament!"

FOURTH Switch Hitter with RISP/HH