Live Boost?

baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
I know some are not fond of it but why is not available for the playoffs? 

Comments

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    If anything that is a good thing, considering data has been presented on this very forum showing that player's BA's are lower during live boosts (when autoplayed). From personal experience and from what other's have shared on this forum, WOH also becomes significantly more difficult when live boost is active.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Wow. If that is indeed true, never mind I guess. Thanks.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    I think it was SandlotGuru who posted the data - that guy loves his numbers, data, and analytics
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I have an hour left of live boost for the HOU-OAK game that doesn't start for another 2 hours. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I kept getting curved out on WoH. Couldn't understand why as this is the same team I cycled Royale with this past weekend with no trouble.

Restarted the app and realized I've had a Braves live boost for a game that didn't start yet.

Going to wait until the live boost is over in a few to continue my three cycles so I can get the player and quit playing. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    They re-upped the HOU live boost. Another 3 hours. Seems to help, or at least not hinder me, so I'm glad to see it. 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    edited October 2020
    I think it was SandlotGuru who posted the data - that guy loves his numbers, data, and analytics
    I can't claim credit for the data, but I half agree with the conclusion based on my experience.  In WOH I believe the live boost is absolutely a negative - odds of winning seem to go down whether you auto or manual play.  When autoplaying BGs or tournaments I think its a benefit, as I've regularly seen my scoring jump up with live boost on.  Interested in hearing others perspective on the latter experience.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Since I went diamond early this year, the effect is minimal. However, in thinking back to last year, I remember frequently at gold during the summer when I couldn't beat the tower until the live boost started. This year, I have noticed a slight difficulty increase around 7 pm Eastern which supports the idea of how any live boost universally serves to boost pitchers. Then, my team's live boost (Rockies) would kick in around 9 or 10 Eastern. This would even the playing field or even slightly favor it in my direction. 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    I can't claim credit for the data, but I half agree with the conclusion based on my experience.  In WOH I believe the live boost is absolutely a negative - odds of winning seem to go down whether you auto or manual play.  When autoplaying BGs or tournaments I think its a benefit, as I've regularly seen my scoring jump up with live boost on.  Interested in hearing others perspective on the latter experience.
    I can’t for the life of me find it, but I pointed this out in 2018 (under my pre-banned name “Canadacubs”,  and live boost definitely pushes a negative effect on your cycle numbers in woh. BG’s, Primes, and season seem to accelerate. I actually used to switch my team to avoid live boost. This is really nothing new. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited October 2020
    For WoH:
    In '18, it was a 5% live boost during the regular season and 15% during the playoffs. I didn't notice much of a difference. In '19, there was a 15% live boost during the regular season and playoffs. For me, the advantage of live boost was enough for me to switch teams and adjust accordingly. In '20, it's back to a 5% boost both during the regular season and playoffs. My sample size is small, but I haven't noticed a huge difference. If anything, it appears to have a negative effect, but I don't trust my sample size. 

For Other modes:
    It's a game changer if you want to score more runs/bonus points. Your pitching appears to be negatively effected(in terms off wins/losses, doesn't appear to help), but if you are okay with that, it's definitely worth the cost to change teams so you can have live boost in your favor. If competing in a gauntlet, it's a 'must'  imo. For CvC, it's also very advantageous. Many of us don't 'compete' so it doesn't matter too much, but if you're in a club that's trying to place high, it matters. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.