X Factor Skills

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
Other than WoH and CVC, are any of these other hitting skills worth it?  I’m not sold on using gold to swap skills for BGs and tournaments.  Don’t see a need for season our prime game boosts, don’t play H2H.  Cash and gold trade in value seems good.  Same with pitching skills.  I got five starters with ERAs under 1.00 with no boosts.

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It just depends on your approach. For some, every little bit helps. More runs means more points! In my case, even when points are not involved, it’s fun to score a ton of runs. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    As a gold team, the only x-factor that holds any value is bonus games. Since obviously at gold I have a hard time consistently winning BGs, throwing on some x-factors has given me more wins, so it seems. All others are completely pointless and nothing more than a way to shine a turd... that turd being team strength.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    As a gold team, the only x-factor that holds any value is bonus games. Since obviously at gold I have a hard time consistently winning BGs, throwing on some x-factors has given me more wins, so it seems. All others are completely pointless and nothing more than a way to shine a turd... that turd being team strength.
    Woh Xfactors arent good for gold guys? I'd assume they'd be fantastic for gold players.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    edited October 2020
    DFBB said:
    KCTribe said:
    Woh Xfactors arent good for gold guys? I'd assume they'd be fantastic for gold players.
    I haven’t needed them yet. I’m fortunate enough to have Giambi as my lefty closer and Dale Murphy as my righty closer. Both of their skills are at 12/12 and they very rarely fail. I can get away with using keeper Brett or keeper Bench at 5.9 too. That can give me trouble, but I still breeze through WOH just fine without x-factors. I need video restarts now and then, but I can’t recall ever losing twice and having to start over. 

Edit: I usually cycle 3 times to get the legend and stop there. So my experiences are from a relatively small sample size.
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    edited October 2020
    I’m at gold. 
    Keep player skills at 8/8. 
    Use X-factor for my 5.8 - 5.10 
    Seem to glide through pretty efficiently.
    I get my 3 cycles in — snag the Legend and all other resources along the way. 
    Have a collection of “free” Legends and a stack of LXP saved up for when the real players get released. 

Please note: I don’t have any keepers so I’m using X-factor Primes and
    My Legend (skills at 10/10)

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    For me, I don’t play a LOT of BG, but I’m seeing my win % starting to drop a bit, so yes, something to look at. But now with WOH rewards starting to get better, I’m getting very tempted to start experimenting with the x-factor
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷