WOH for cycles on Weekdays?

25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
Can we get 10 cycles @ 38k and 15 cycles for 78k on weekdays ? 

Comments

• RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    It was 10 on Monday. Don't understand why Wednesday should be any different.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I'm at the point now where I just look to see if the player is worth getting. If so, I stop after three cycles.

I used to play all day, but this does nothing to motivate me. Half the time I don't level the player later anyway.

Keep going GLU! I'm almost there!!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    This is likely a minority view because I play too often, but for diamond teams I think it makes sense to cycle cap the prime reward regardless of whether you want the player.  25 cycles should produce close to 300K PXP (assuming you go S10, G10), 140K LXP and 1M cash.  Gimme.  
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts

I'm at the point now where I just look to see if the player is worth getting. If so, I stop after three cycles.

I used to play all day, but this does nothing to motivate me. Half the time I don't level the player later anyway.

I’m almost there myself especially with the horrific odds of the player boxes lately, it’s nowhere near fair, such a blatant ripoff! 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    This is likely a minority view because I play too often, but for diamond teams I think it makes sense to cycle cap the prime reward regardless of whether you want the player.  25 cycles should produce close to 300K PXP (assuming you go S10, G10), 140K LXP and 1M cash.  Gimme.  
    Man, your ability to crunch numbers and statistics  like that is nothing short of mind boggling. I wish I had 1/1000000 of your brain!
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Every weekend I do that too. It's perfect for that. But, weekdays are just too tight of a squeeze. Even at a maximum efficiency of 20 min cycles, it's still 8.5 hours of uninterrupted (not multitasking) playing. It's not worth the gamble for me of not getting there so I stop at the first checkpoint. 
    cb11 said:
    Every weekend I do that too. It's perfect for that. But, weekdays are just too tight of a squeeze. Even at a maximum efficiency of 20 min cycles, it's still 8.5 hours of uninterrupted (not multitasking) playing. It's not worth the gamble for me of not getting there so I stop at the first checkpoint. 
    I hear you, that's a lot of play time.  This year it feels like WOH is not about if you can beat it, it's more about how fast you can beat it (all about volume).  I have all my bats at 20/20 so I can fly through WOH royale in 10-12 minutes by just autoplaying everything.  Today I have Torii Hunter as my closer (20/20 with a 10% WOH xFactor) and he literally has not made a single out in my first 18 cycles.  So it's not difficult for my squad, its just a time commitment.
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    SandlotGuru, I imagine if you AP everything you don't get the death freeze.
    We are all beta testers
    No, I don't experience the death freeze.  My biggest irritation is when live boost kicks in and my APs become less reliable.  I'm guessing the death freeze primarily impacts gold and silver teams, but interested in other's thoughts.  
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I play manually 5.7+. Since the last update it freezes around 10% of the time while playing between 5.7-5.10.
    We are all beta testers
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    @SandlotGuru I completely agree with you. My team is just weak enough where autoplay is extremely inconsistent on 4.8+ or 5.5+. Manually playing I can run through without boosts 95% of the time. Worst case, I need the one restart. Not super hard, can easily multitask, just an extreme time-suck.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    No, I don't experience the death freeze.  My biggest irritation is when live boost kicks in and my APs become less reliable.  I'm guessing the death freeze primarily impacts gold and silver teams, but interested in other's thoughts.  
    I'm a silver team and I have a tendency to agree with you just from what I experienced. I find when it happens I turn my device off wait a couple minutes and turn back on and relaunch the game that there is a far less occurrence of it after I do that🤷‍♂️
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited October 2020

This is exactly where I am at - opened the app today, took one look at everything and closed the app. I have not participated in an event since last weekend. Box odds have become a joke (don't count on pulling someone before the pity timer) and the players have terrible skills, on top of that the WOH reward is still a joke with Glu's new close skill obsession. Being in platinum I figure, why go through the boring sludging of hundreds of WOH cycles to acquire 275k PXP/LXP per player to level players that don't have absolutely superb skills. So I will wait until there are players in the sets again that are truly worth my time and efforts. The skills of most of the 460/500 max overall players are so bad its like they really only have 1 skill anyway (1.5 if you count x factor, which I don't). There has only been 1 500 player in my mind with solid skills (Reggie Jackson - ROB & RHP).
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

This is exactly where I am at - opened the app today, took one look at everything and closed the app. I have not participated in an event since last weekend. Box odds have become a joke (don't count on pulling someone before the pity timer) and the players have terrible skills, on top of that the WOH reward is still a joke with Glu's new close skill obsession. Being in platinum I figure, why go through the boring sludging of hundreds of WOH cycles to acquire 275k PXP/LXP per player to level players that don't have absolutely superb skills. So I will wait until there are players in the sets again that are truly worth my time and efforts. The skills of most of the 460/500 max overall players are so bad its like they really only have 1 skill anyway (1.5 if you count x factor, which I don't). There has only been 1 500 player in my mind with solid skills (Reggie Jackson - ROB & RHP).

I am not defending Glu, but your standards must be absurdly high in terms of 500 players with good skills.  Giambi was Late Innings/ROB, Hunter had double LHP (WOH assassin, if you need one), Nettles was RHP and Close (crushes most WOH righties, especially in Royale), Kiner was Fire and ROB, Damon was RHP and Fire, Bando was Late and LHP (another WOH killer), Kaline had ROB and Fire, and Scioscia had the exact same skills as Reggie. 

I also don't hate RISP as much as most, as it still has its uses in almost every game mode.  And, some people still love Blowout, so guys like Banks and Trammell are out there too.    

There have been lots of good 500s. 

edited October 2020

Metsicans said:

I am not defending Glu, but your standards must be absurdly high in terms of 500 players with good skills.  Giambi was Late Innings/ROB, Hunter had double LHP (WOH assassin, if you need one), Nettles was RHP and Close (crushes most WOH righties, especially in Royale), Kiner was Fire and ROB, Damon was RHP and Fire, Bando was Late and LHP (another WOH killer), Kaline had ROB and Fire, and Scioscia had the exact same skills as Reggie. 

I also don't hate RISP as much as most, as it still has its uses in almost every game mode.  And, some people still love Blowout, so guys like Banks and Trammell are out there too.    

You realize that 5 of your 8 examples did not exist when my post was made right? So that's cool.
    Glu decided to put some good skills on the player boxes this weekend. Given that, I stand by my original post at the time it was posted. The other 3 examples are really only good for WOH. 

Metsicans said:

You realize that 5 of your 8 examples did not exist when my post was made right? So that's cool.
    Glu decided to put some good skills on the player boxes this weekend. Given that, I stand by my original post at the time it was posted. The other 3 examples are really only good for WOH. 

Well, ok, but Glu's rollout strategy is hardly news. 480s with good skills come out, followed by 500s with weaker skills, followed by 500s with better skills, followed by 510s, etc.  It is how the game has pretty much always run. 
    edited October 2020
    Metsicans said:

Metsicans said:

Well, ok, but Glu's rollout strategy is hardly news. 480s with good skills come out, followed by 500s with weaker skills, followed by 500s with better skills, followed by 510s, etc.  It is how the game has pretty much always run. 
    Which was my point in my OP - that I was not playing (and wasting my time and valuable resources) and waiting for top skillsets to come out because so far none had for the 500 players. I still don't know where you are going with this?
    Metsicans said:

Metsicans said:

Which was my point in my OP - that I was not playing (and wasting my time and valuable resources) and waiting for top skillsets to come out because so far none had for the 500 players. I still don't know where you are going with this?

Not really "going" anywhere with this.  It just feels like this board is a constant whine and cheese "party."  It makes sense to wait for the 500 players you like, but voicing it as part of a complaint (the clear tenor of your OP) is senseless to me.  Of course better players are going to come out over time. It would make no sense otherwise. 

And, beyond that, I don't think it was true that Reggie was the only worthwhile 500 on October 7.  Value is in the eye of the beholder.  480 Jim Rice and his double blowout skills aren't too appealing to me, but they're perfect for others.  I like Close Game Erstad because he's the perfect bat for Royale WOH; others think he's useless because his CVC value is minimal.

In short: of all the things to critique about the game, the rollout of higher level players over time is hardly one of them. Especially so when your premise (there was only one good 500 legend) is not really accurate.    

edited October 2020
    Metsicans said:
    Metsicans said:

Metsicans said:

Not really "going" anywhere with this.  It just feels like this board is a constant whine and cheese "party."  It makes sense to wait for the 500 players you like, but voicing it as part of a complaint (the clear tenor of your OP) is senseless to me.  Of course better players are going to come out over time. It would make no sense otherwise. 

And, beyond that, I don't think it was true that Reggie was the only worthwhile 500 on October 7.  Value is in the eye of the beholder.  480 Jim Rice and his double blowout skills aren't too appealing to me, but they're perfect for others.  I like Close Game Erstad because he's the perfect bat for Royale WOH; others think he's useless because his CVC value is minimal.

In short: of all the things to critique about the game, the rollout of higher level players over time is hardly one of them. Especially so when your premise (there was only one good 500 legend) is not really accurate.    

If you are frustrated about the "tenor" of this forum, then you are free to leave. If not, I have bad news for you, most of this forum has become a way for 95% of the posters to share their frustrations with what Glu has done to a once great game. Someone must of woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, as my unlucky 1-week old post seems to be the one you have signed on today and selected for your opinionated banter, which you have managed to ignore half of and boil the rest down to the release schedule of players, which isn't even mentioned. 
    Metsicans said:
    Metsicans said:

Metsicans said:

If you are frustrated about the "tenor" of this forum, then you are free to leave. If not, I have bad news for you, most of this forum has become a way for 95% of the posters to share their frustrations with what Glu has done to a once great game. Someone must of woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, as my unlucky 1-week old post seems to be the one you have signed on today and selected for your opinionated banter, which you have managed to ignore half of and boil the rest down to the release schedule of players, which isn't even mentioned. 
    Ok, “trojanman,” you win. Lol. 

Sorry I responded to your post, it bubbled up as new and I didn’t realize it was an old whiny post rather than a new one. 

@Metsicans: I started the year building my roster for three events: WoH, CvC, and Slugfest. I stay gold so I can essentially have two lineups.

Slugfest sucks now and is completely devalued. WoH with the 10/15/25 cycle requirement for minimal resources is now a burden.  CvC I haven't won a Prime player from the event in over six weeks now, despite winning about 95% of the matches.

Combine all of this with the oversaturation of "bonus" players GLU wants you to either buy or spend gold on, this is getting to be too much way too fast.

There was at least somewhat of a happy medium in 2019 and beginning of 2020. There is no more happy medium. This game is all take and no give whatsoever. 2019 you could build a solid WoH roster that would cost you time and money, but the return of resources on the events made that worth it. Now its not at all. They are now saturating WoH with players but no ability to cycle cap them.

So GLU now has you in a position where you pay out of your a$$ to build a team, you pay out of your A$$ to compete in daily events for maybe 2% of what you put it, and now you pay out your a$$ if you want to be in a competitive club. 

I keep thinking they are overplaying their hand, but someone is obviously funding this greedy monster.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

@Metsicans: I started the year building my roster for three events: WoH, CvC, and Slugfest. I stay gold so I can essentially have two lineups.

Slugfest sucks now and is completely devalued. WoH with the 10/15/25 cycle requirement for minimal resources is now a burden.  CvC I haven't won a Prime player from the event in over six weeks now, despite winning about 95% of the matches.

Combine all of this with the oversaturation of "bonus" players GLU wants you to either buy or spend gold on, this is getting to be too much way too fast.

There was at least somewhat of a happy medium in 2019 and beginning of 2020. There is no more happy medium. This game is all take and no give whatsoever. 2019 you could build a solid WoH roster that would cost you time and money, but the return of resources on the events made that worth it. Now its not at all. They are now saturating WoH with players but no ability to cycle cap them.

So GLU now has you in a position where you pay out of your a$$ to build a team, you pay out of your A$$ to compete in daily events for maybe 2% of what you put it, and now you pay out your a$$ if you want to be in a competitive club. 

I keep thinking they are overplaying their hand, but someone is obviously funding this greedy monster.

I can’t really disagree with any of that. Problem remains that the big spenders continue to...well, be big spenders. 

I have said since sets became a thing that they would ruin the game, or at least make the playing field so uneven as to ruin the fun for the average player. There was a time in this game when pulling one player was enough to compete. Now you have to have how many? Five? Or the right three for a set? It’s just too much given the odds. Personally, I lowered my expectations for the game (and my performance within the game) and find myself much happier. 

Oh my expectations are nonexistent now.

Well, take that back: I expect the greed to just get worse on their end. It takes more than 5 players now to be competitive.

A few weeks ago I tried to see what it would take to finish in the top 5. I did. The price for that one event? Nearly 80K gold, plus extra money purchasing other players.  The return of what I got was about 4% of what I put in.

NOT. WORTH. IT.

• 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Just put level 5 of royale back to all righties, I was able to actually play.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit