Options

10/9 Weeekend Royale - Tiger King Edition

YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts

Comments

• Options
    YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    We will see if his skills stay that way or change...additional bonus the prime guy you get plays SS so you can actually play them together!
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Yes! I resisted chasing a closer vs leftys and BAM! lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Rengifo with the close skill. They just can’t get off that one!
  • Options
    EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    YardGoats said:
    We will see if his skills stay that way or change...additional bonus the prime guy you get plays SS so you can actually play them together!
    I like how they made the SS's skills RISP and Close.  It's like they can't help themselves dishing out those skills. 
  • Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I didn't want to be pessimistic at the time they announced weekend royales all through October, but it may be that time. My first thought was, "does this mean we won't be able to cycle cap a Legend for at least another month"... it's sure looking like that is coming to fruition. 
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    You should be able to beat woh no problem now!
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Bando is def great if you need a vs left guy, if i pull him in the first two cycles i may cap him (already have Chipper and POTM JRam if I don't). I will say i think it's probably about time to up the 15/25 cycle rewards to maybe 50/100 just given that lxp is easier to get now than it was when that structure was put into place several weeks ago. 
  • Options
    Bando is def great if you need a vs left guy, if i pull him in the first two cycles i may cap him (already have Chipper and POTM JRam if I don't). I will say i think it's probably about time to up the 15/25 cycle rewards to maybe 50/100 just given that lxp is easier to get now than it was when that structure was put into place several weeks ago. 
    I initially read this as 15/25 cycles to 50/100 cycles...was going to say, with that attitude, you ain't going to last long here. lol
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Same setup as Wednesday's Royale?
  • Options
    sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    I didn't want to be pessimistic at the time they announced weekend royales all through October, but it may be that time. My first thought was, "does this mean we won't be able to cycle cap a Legend for at least another month"... it's sure looking like that is coming to fruition. 
    I’m wondering when the breakpoint will be. Like you, I’m not hopeful now that they have made this every weekend. 
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    LIke the prize, just wish it wasn't ANOTHER 3B. We just had Nettles.  Oh well, he's a closer. I like it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    I would guess this will be the lefty on 5.1, RHP to the end..
  • Options
    If it's Rhp to the end then I should have easy time with a mostly lhb lineup 🤷‍♂️ maybe try Sabo with his ambiguous rhp skill to close
  • Options
    Looks like the same pitching set up as Wednesday. Level five is all Lefties after 5.1

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    Thank you @drsmartassphd
  • Options
    The less fun version...
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    The less fun version...
    Just an annoying amount of time spent swapping lineups in and out
  • Options
    Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Is he better than Tori Hunter? Cause I have Tori and he’s a beast!
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    Hunter is better for other modes, but for WoH purposes, Sal is a bit better. 
  • Options

If GLU wants to do a real "Tiger King" box, they need to do one with all former LSU guys. Got some solid options playing now (Bregs, DJ, Nola (both of them), Jacoby Jones to name a few)

Would be very easy to put together. Albert Belle could be one legend. Still debating on the other.

• Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

@DFBB I was going to ask you to elaborate, but im assuming because Sals Hit and Power stats are better?
  • Options
    ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Suppose any lefty or righty can beat 5.1 auto playing or manually @drsmartassphd (our resident sommelier), regardless the pitcher is LEFTY Marco Gonzalez 🧐 😜 

• Options
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    Oh I assumed that for woh he would be the best as he is double left handed skills which are on all the time 
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    Oh I assumed that for woh he would be the best as he is double left handed skills which are on all the time 
    They're the same vs leftys; If need be, Sal is better vs rightys. A tad more versatile. 
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    The less fun version...
    The version I won’t play. Because I’ll never level up that many right handed bats.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    They're the same vs leftys; If need be, Sal is better vs rightys. A tad more versatile. 
    Got it, thanks @DFBB 👍🏼
  • Options
    xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    The less fun version...
    Just an annoying amount of time spent swapping lineups in and out
    I am playing all WoH with a final 4 of Erstad, Nettles, Dale Murphy and Piazza.  All P10/12/12 and all with at least level 5 WoH X-Factor, only use video boost at 5.6 and above.  I use the lefties at 5.7 and 5.8 and the righties to close 5.9 and 5.10.   8 cycles so far this weekend, playing casually, 3 game crashes at 5.7 and above cost me another couple.  Erstad and Nettles regularly win their matchups. 5.6 and below, matchups barely matter.