X-factors and why they are awesome

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
I've seen numerous comments for, against, and undecided.  Some have said it really only benefits Silver and Gold teams.  Some have said it's just another $$$ grab by Glu.
MY opinion is if used correctly they are one of the best things to happen to this game.  I am Platinum with a whole roster of capped legends and capped batting upgrades.  Personally I only care about WOH and CVC.  Do I need an X-factor to beat WOH?  No, not really.  BUT, using them speeds up my cycles exponentially.   I clocked 1 cycle at just under 15 minutes this weekend.   I manually play 16 games.  5.7 and the last 3 of each round. I only video boost on 5.7 and 5.10.  Yes I even autoplay Tanaka.  I had zero hiccups this weekend.  Even managed 4 Bando repulls including on the 25th cycle.  My best explanation of how great the X-factors are is using legend Adam Dunn as my example.  He has the double hot hitter skills.  Which means you start with zero active skills, which leaves you open to an unlucky match-up.  Starting with a 6% boost gives you the best odds of nailing that 1 hit that will activate all 3 skills and then you cruise.  On any skill(s) that turn off or on it will be the constant boost.  
So you don't care about WOH?  the Bonus Games X-factors benefit every team level. Platinum and below hit the wall at x-amount of games, the X-factors help keep you in those games.  Diamond teams may not need the boost to win, but it will get them higher scoring games to increase club event points.  
I have even used Prime X-factors to get more event points.
The only X-factors I personally think are useless are Season, H2H Match-up, and Tournaments.  If you need help winning season games your team really sucks.  I don't play H2H games.  And the only level I see using Tournament boosts for is diamond. 
You really want to fly through WOH use the X-factors.  

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Thank you @Millecors, that helps me tremendously in deciding strategy. 👍
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    edited October 2020
    tshea510 said:
    Thank you @Millecors, that helps me tremendously in deciding strategy. 👍
    Additionally.... a lot of people say it's a waste of gold.  But it's actually quite lucrative.  I don't keep anything under a 7 X-factor.  And out of those I only keep WOH, VS., BG's, and a few Primes.  I trade in everything else for bluecash or gold.  This year bluecash has been scarce for me personally. 
    So here's a scenario for you: I have no interest in wasting gold on boxes.  But I am 2000 gold away from the 20,000 Field Pass reward.  I will buy 40 X-factor batter boxes.  For that I not only hit my FP, but I score a bunch of bluecash and usually get back 2-3 gold trade in's. So all in all I only spent 500 - 1000 gold.
    Additionally,  Additionally..... the boxes ARE rigged just like every other box.  Says the odds are the same across the board to pull a 9-10.  Bullchit.  I have gotten only (1) 9 WOH, (2) 10 VS, (1) 9 BG, (1) 10 PRIME.  However.... I have gotten (16) 9-10 Season, (9) 9-10 H2H, and (6) 9-10 Tournament.  I track all this crap, if only to prove I'm not totally insane.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    You ain't kidding about that.  I'm sure that's why they only post the odds for the levels and not the skills.  I rarely get WoH and if I do, it's generally 1-4 whereas I get Season and tournament all the time.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I’m just jealous you pulled Bando 4 times. I know for certain, I went 0-25. I lost track after that and only kept playing to try to get him to cross the platinum/diamond threshold. Alas, I never pulled him and used the evo I wanted to save. 

But that wasn’t the point here. I do like your explanation of the X Factors. They are a good investment when applied correctly.
    sullipa8 said:
    I’m just jealous you pulled Bando 4 times. I know for certain, I went 0-25. I lost track after that and only kept playing to try to get him to cross the platinum/diamond threshold. Alas, I never pulled him and used the evo I wanted to save. 

But that wasn’t the point here. I do like your explanation of the X Factors. They are a good investment when applied correctly.
    Yeah, I play it similar.  Level him to g10 and if/when I get the repull i then cap him.  Gotta save that evo.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Speaking of Evo, how in the world do you get all your Evo to level that many Legends?
    Speaking of Evo, how in the world do you get all your Evo to level that many Legends?
    $$$
    Those stupid 1 player "special" boxes mostly.  I chase and end up getting mostly evo.  Plus I am only Platinum and usually operate with a 40% discount. 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Since some people had such a hard on for x factors I decided to perform a test since I was already playing many bonus games this weekend having pulled Kaline, Damon, and Tauchman back to back to back. I played 100 bg's without the bonus game x factors and scored 9.5 bil (~9,582,000,000). Then, I added the BG X factors of 6% or higher to all my players and played another 100 bg's. My average score actually went down to 8.7 bil. Until someone presents conflicting data that X-factors truly make a difference, I beg to differ (except for a silver/gold team in WOH where that extra 5-10% actually could make a difference for the RNG).
    @trojanman999 are you diamond?
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Since some people had such a hard on for x factors I decided to perform a test since I was already playing many bonus games this weekend having pulled Kaline, Damon, and Tauchman back to back to back. I played 100 bg's without the bonus game x factors and scored 9.5 bil (~9,582,000,000). Then, I added the BG X factors of 6% or higher to all my players and played another 100 bg's. My average score actually went down to 8.7 bil. Until someone presents conflicting data that X-factors truly make a difference, I beg to differ (except for a silver/gold team in WOH where that extra 5-10% actually could make a difference for the RNG).
    I did a similar test on season to see if works over 8 games (4 with and 4 without) and actually hit 2 more home runs without the x-factor skill of 6% with Bart and his average was about the same for those 8 games. I agree with you 100%
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    I did a similar test on season to see if works over 8 games (4 with and 4 without) and actually hit 2 more home runs without the x-factor skill of 6% with Bart and his average was about the same for those 8 games. I agree with you 100%
    I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, 8 games, or even 100 games, is not a conclusive test and does not prove anything.  Really anything less than 1k with each scenario is meaning less do to so many variables involved.  I'm not saying your wrong, I am just saying too small of a sample size.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited October 2020
    You are 100% right but at the same time I'm not going to waste my time playing 1000 games just to prove something right or wrong. I don't care that much.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I look at it this way, I don't think they are purposely ignoring the X-factor in their equations, however, given all the game types, WoH is the only one where player stats (hitting and power) can be easily noticed.  For all the others, you're generally simulating a game so I wouldn't expect to see too much of a difference especially diamond teams that are maxed out anyway.
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    You see the numbers matter when you’re flying through BGs/tourneys at diamond level. I don’t think that can be debated. There are waves of close games, but there is also waves of 60-80 point leads.  Overall, on a larger scale, it does play a role