WoH for 10-12-20: close game....again!

2Next

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited October 2020
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Used to spend a ****ton of money on this game. Used to cycle WOH many times. Don't have the drive to do either anymore. 

Unless you spend $1200 a month on field passes and hammer the WOH events, you have next to nothing for LXP.

I'm able to level maybe one legend per week now if I spend $60 on small & medium field passes. That, along with the other ancillary purchases I make here and there, adds up to somewhere in the neighborhood of a car payment. 

We always pondered - would you rather chase the players or chase the resources? It has seemed like LXP is more attainable, but... is it really? Small & Medium field passes don't get you any significant amount of LXP. Decent amounts of LXP can be earned from cycling WOH many times. But, meh, you could get way more last year. Who wants to cycle WOH 25 times to get 1/4th of the amount you need to level a player with discount. Essentially you have to cycle WOH 100 times to have enough to level one player. That's if you are paying $60 a week for field passes.

I just can't spend $300 a week on this game. I mean, I'm not rich but I'm not poor, you know. It also isn't making much sense any more for me to spend the $60 a week on the small & medium field pass because I also don't have the time or desire to cycle WOH for hours and hours which is the only feasible way to earn XP. And that's also just way too time intensive for my liking. 100 cycles to level one guy. Hard pass.

This is getting really bad, you guys.

they've really dumbed down alot of things in this game.   Basically its turned into a pay/play for club points thing and with the odds the way they are for players its pretty damn pricey to constantly feel the need to keep up.   But yeah I totally get where you are coming from.   The $100 FP just draws a line in the sand.   If you can get it all the time, then you wont struggle with resources as much as the people who dont (duh).   I cant really even imagine what will happen when ATGs come out.   And yeah the WOH thing is tough too, the value sucks unless you are doing the 20/25 required and thats alot of time on a weekday that not everyone has.
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts

Holy frick of fricks Britton cheats his a$$ off. My gosh. I'm 0-4 now, each game all three outs were cheaters.

The last game was horrid. I tied this POS 3-3. Then he 9 and outs me. We go to extras. He 9 and outs me again. 18 straight cheat outs in order to "beat" me. I was already annoyed at what GLU has done to Monday. This takes the cake. This game is an over-priced joke.  Now they have WoH cheating it's a$$ off again. No way a guy with nearly a triple match up advantage should get curved out four straight times.

I really shouldn't be mad. GLU is doing me a huge favor.

Who are you using? Are you video boosting and using x-factor?
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I used Bando, the weekend prize. I also had a WoH x factor of 6 on him.

I finally got through, but don't feel like playing anymore. Prize isn't worth the trouble, and Monday is just a huge blue cash suck.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Does anyone have the autoplay prices for Monday's WoH?
    Also, I never use video boosts because the game crashes a lot when I do

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    The good doctor gets a lot of shit on this forum… But the thought that a double always on skills, 500 player… With the addition of a 6% walk off hero boost would experience this kind of RNG… Is absolutely **** absurd… Regardless what level you’re at

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The good doctor gets a lot of shit on this forum… But the thought that a double always on skills, 500 player… With the addition of a 6% walk off hero boost would experience this kind of RNG… Is absolutely **** absurd… Regardless what level you’re at

Agreed, but also, we have to accept that bad RNG happens.  I cycled 25x this weekend without any issue, and then once today without any trouble.  But on my second cycle today, all of a sudden my righty bats went to lunch and I couldn't cycle for the life of me. 

You'll get through eventually, either with patience or gold.  And then things revert to normal, usually. 

I just realized too that today's prize is nerfed a full 5 points on hitting as well compared to other 500 guys. Yeah, he's got good speed, but jeez.

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited October 2020

I hear what you're saying and I agree with all of it except the regardless of level part. I think one of the things that's cool about the game is we can all chose to play it at different paces and focus on different things/events. The flip side of that is there is always going to be trade-offs. If you want to be able to cap every legend that you pull, you can stay silver or gold and do that but you're not going to be able to cruise in all modes and generate gold easily. On the flip side, you can go diamond to generate gold and cruise in woh, but you're going to have to be pretty selective about who you cap (unless you're willing to spend a ton). There are pros and cons to all levels and it seems like they may be tightening the screws in woh for lower level players now unfortunately. If you're silver or gold and value woh, you may want to run some numbers to see if you're ready to make the jump to the next level. 

Yeah, no thanks. I think it is beyond hilarious that we as customers KNOW the game is rigged in every way imaginable, including game play for events, and that this is an ACCEPTED fact if you want to play it.

Don't want the game to cheat? Spend more money!

That entire premise is just pathetic.

• baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts

Prize isn't worth the trouble, and Monday is just a huge blue cash suck.

I agree. After 8 cycles I have spent a little more than 1 million in cash. 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    I gave after I went 0-3 against level 4 Nola. 
    Maxed Gold Giambi, Bernie, and Morgan. All couldn’t do it. 
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    likenight said:

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Used to spend a ****ton of money on this game. Used to cycle WOH many times. Don't have the drive to do either anymore. 

Unless you spend $1200 a month on field passes and hammer the WOH events, you have next to nothing for LXP.

I'm able to level maybe one legend per week now if I spend $60 on small & medium field passes. That, along with the other ancillary purchases I make here and there, adds up to somewhere in the neighborhood of a car payment. 

We always pondered - would you rather chase the players or chase the resources? It has seemed like LXP is more attainable, but... is it really? Small & Medium field passes don't get you any significant amount of LXP. Decent amounts of LXP can be earned from cycling WOH many times. But, meh, you could get way more last year. Who wants to cycle WOH 25 times to get 1/4th of the amount you need to level a player with discount. Essentially you have to cycle WOH 100 times to have enough to level one player. That's if you are paying $60 a week for field passes.

I just can't spend $300 a week on this game. I mean, I'm not rich but I'm not poor, you know. It also isn't making much sense any more for me to spend the $60 a week on the small & medium field pass because I also don't have the time or desire to cycle WOH for hours and hours which is the only feasible way to earn XP. And that's also just way too time intensive for my liking. 100 cycles to level one guy. Hard pass.

This is getting really bad, you guys.

You nailed the facts dead on. I (like many) have moved on to BGs as a way to sustain a diamond team. This includes FP on a weekly basis.  I can level a legend every 10 days pretty much. And when I say level, I mean level (20/20). Woh is as easy as pie, but the club rewards push slow play, not cycling.  It takes maybe 14-15 minutes to blast a cycle, but the reality is that I don’t have time to do 25 on a weekday. We’ve all got jobs, kids, family, etc.. 
    The game is clearly catered to heavy diamond players, without a doubt.  And more obvious than in previous years, the game is about club points. It’s a definitive line in the sand for FTP vs P2P players...which directly correlates with silver/gold vs platinum/diamond 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    The one thing that CLEARLY stands out this year is that in the past, when Silver/Gold teams complained, they were called out and TOLD to go diamond. But all I see now are Diamond teams complaining, not the lower tiers on the “wrong” side of the tracks. It’s the Diamond teams quitting. And there’s a reason. But I’ll just leave it here....I could NOT be happier at Silver. Not trying to get into a riot in the streets, but I’m winning everything I like to play, building a strong team, only stadium/endorsements, smart gold management, wise choices on boxes to chase or not chase AND luck. A lot of this is indeed putting yourself in a position to be lucky. Yes, I’m a lousy, wrong side of the tracks Silver team and could not be more pleased with my results. Why grind when I don’t have to? So for anyone that thinks they MUST spend and go Diamond, nope, not at all. Someone earlier said, we all have different levels we play at, no right or wrong way. There is no manual. I made the mistake of going Gold near end of ‘17 season. I learned my lesson. Been Silver every season since. Works for me very well. All I’m saying. 🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    The one thing that CLEARLY stands out this year is that in the past, when Silver/Gold teams complained, they were called out and TOLD to go diamond. But all I see now are Diamond teams complaining, not the lower tiers on the “wrong” side of the tracks. It’s the Diamond teams quitting. And there’s a reason. But I’ll just leave it here....I could NOT be happier at Silver. Not trying to get into a riot in the streets, but I’m winning everything I like to play, building a strong team, only stadium/endorsements, smart gold management, wise choices on boxes to chase or not chase AND luck. A lot of this is indeed putting yourself in a position to be lucky. Yes, I’m a lousy, wrong side of the tracks Silver team and could not be more pleased with my results. Why grind when I don’t have to? So for anyone that thinks they MUST spend and go Diamond, nope, not at all. Someone earlier said, we all have different levels we play at, no right or wrong way. There is no manual. I made the mistake of going Gold near end of ‘17 season. I learned my lesson. Been Silver every season since. Works for me very well. All I’m saying. 🤷‍♂️

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Bearmeat said:
    The game is clearly catered to heavy diamond players, without a doubt.  And more obvious than in previous years, the game is about club points. It’s a definitive line in the sand for FTP vs P2P players...which directly correlates with silver/gold vs platinum/diamond 
    This trend started last year and I wasn't exactly thrilled about it. This year, I'd agree that they took it up a notch. For those that don't prioritize club points, the beat goes on. For everyone else, it can feel like you're running in circles. 

To add to your point about WoH, Royale is a big day and I always felt guilty if I spent too much time in WoH. I realize that's probably my fault because club points are important to me, but it can definitely be a tough balance to do what's best for the club and what's best for your team. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Bearmeat said:
    This trend started last year and I wasn't exactly thrilled about it. This year, I'd agree that they took it up a notch. For those that don't prioritize club points, the beat goes on. For everyone else, it can feel like you're running in circles. 

To add to your point about WoH, Royale is a big day and I always felt guilty if I spent too much time in WoH. I realize that's probably my fault because club points are important to me, but it can definitely be a tough balance to do what's best for the club and what's best for your team. 
    Oh I definitely agree. Especially given the fact BGs are 10x on Royale, and requires zero effort. You get the player that makes your team better from woh through cycling 25+ times, but doesn’t help your club. It’s messed up. Club points ultimately come from BGs and buying the in-store player to fill the set.  Tough balance indeed. 

• likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    likenight said:

I wish I wasn’t
    Looks like nobody cycled in my club. 
    I pulled Bernie in my FP boxes so I was ok with it. 

tshea510 said:
    The conflict:debate of silver/gold  vs diamond won’t come to a conclusion. Everyone has their own way of playing and why they play. The way I see it is that there is no need to pay if you can play within silver or gold. It’s very easy to cap any legend at will. But, if you’re diamond, the cost is through the roof to level them.  It’s basically 1million lxp without FP and dis 30%. But that’s part of the game. Diamond guys get the Apple on the tree. Not sure if there’s a better analogy 
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    likenight said:
    KCTribe said:
    likenight said:

I wish I wasn’t
    Looks like nobody cycled in my club. 
    I pulled Bernie in my FP boxes so I was ok with it. 

What in the world are you doing wrong? Do you not level your skills? You say “maxed gold” but are you in platinum or diamond? WOH is not intended to be hard this year so if you’re losing at 4.9 with those guys then something is up.