Brett Butler: Top of the curve 2x vs rhp....

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited October 2020 in General TSB Discussion
is a luxury in ‘20. Last year, I would’ve done everything within reason(okay, maybe more) to pull that dude. On top of that, lame ‘the Butler did it’ jokes, would’ve been super fun. This year, the best player in TSB isn’t a game changer. If you are competing today and tomorrow, you will need him. Beyond that, he will head a long line list of guys that will do similar things. 

Do I want him? Heck yeah! I just don’t want to chase. For me and many others, this is a direct result of the watered down WoH in ‘20. If this was ‘19, it wouldn’t matter how tired I am. I’m chasing. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    No guy is a must have this year agree.    And if they are, the odds will likely break your wallet or your soul? (too much?)
    But yeah this version is definitely a pick your battles type of game because you simply wont win them all.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Thats a must have....
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    There's tomorrow's extra box!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

dkarski87 said:

hoping its similar to the Jorge box where its around for 4 days.   Managed to get lucky with Butler but need to recover resources now haha
    @mattattack: if the pattern holds, should be DG this weekend too

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

@mattattack: if the pattern holds, should be DG this weekend too
    yea def will be a bonus player, hoping the box stays too
    Likely will. Similar to Posada a few weeks ago. Hope it is just LXP aside from the player. If so, I will likely chase to load up on resources.

• TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited October 2020
    🚨Boner alert🚨
    I remember Shoedentist last year. Wasn't he just a righty?

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

• KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    The Shoe Dentist was definitely just a righty last year. Good for him developing his talents in the off season to be able to effectively swing from both sides of the plate. Impressive stuff.
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Where is Schoendienst available? If he is in a box for tomorrow how did anyone find this out ? Curious old minds like to know ...lol
    Rippers said:
    Where is Schoendienst available? If he is in a box for tomorrow how did anyone find this out ? Curious old minds like to know ...lol
    He's in collections and the graphics suggests that he should be in a box for tmrw. Here's hoping to see him as part of the extra bases rewards! Also, no special lineups plz! 
    I didn't get him, but he had the 2x man on base skill. I'm pretty sure he was a switch hitter in the game because I remember being interested, but I'll see if I can confirm. He was indeed a switch hitter in real life though.
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Rippers said:
    He's in collections and the graphics suggests that he should be in a box for tmrw. Here's hoping to see him as part of the extra bases rewards! Also, no special lineups plz! 
    Wow. Learn something new about this game all the time ! Never would have thought to look there ! 
    Thanks !
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    he was a switch last year. And a Cardinal. Though he did play for the Braves for a few years. Happy hunting. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I didn't get him, but he had the 2x man on base skill. I'm pretty sure he was a switch hitter in the game because I remember being interested, but I'll see if I can confirm. He was indeed a switch hitter in real life though.
    Correct. He was a switch last year with double mob.
    I went through my list of screenshots from last year and cannot find him.. but thought for sure I had pulled him. Could have been 17 or 18.. the years are starting to run together. 😂
    I think I’ll be chasing red tomorrow if the box odds are decent. 
    Brett Butler is nothing more than a go broke gold trap.. staying away from that one 😳
    Got him cheap, about 30k... GLU's justice for charging me 200k to land Mike over the weekend. Just how these thing work sometimes.
    – The Great Houmy
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited October 2020
    dkarski87 said:
    Got him cheap, about 30k... GLU's justice for charging me 200k to land Mike over the weekend. Just how these thing work sometimes.

Good lord. I had the Mike set before spending enough for 2500 Fr this past weekend. Got Butler today on third 2500 FR box. On the flip side I've spent probably 100k on legend pitcher boxes during the week this year (minus Perry) and haven't gotten a single one.
    dkarski87 said:
    About 15K for me and Mike was also hard for me.  Not 200K hard but harder then i'd like is all ill say
    dkarski87 said:

That's just insane. Seriously. 200K gold to hit one bonus set?

Too rich for my blood, for sure. Holy moly I don't know how you guys do that.

He has a special place in my heart, I only wanted him that weekend. So of course, I couldnt get him. I got Kaline 4 times before Mike showed up...
    – The Great Houmy

I would have been happy with Kaline once. LOL

I know what you mean. Dale Murphy a few weeks back was hard for me. I was able to not chase because he was in a Philly uni, not Braves.

• txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Just means that the overall max will be going up since he’s a x2 rhp skill guy and a legend at that. Just following the pattern they do once one comes out was like that last year and this year as well. Examples both x2 rhp freeman overall max went up, last 440 Dickerson max went up at it that weekend so it’s just the pattern they use 🤷🏽‍♂️
    Just means that the overall max will be going up since he’s a x2 rhp skill guy and a legend at that. Just following the pattern they do once one comes out was like that last year and this year as well. Examples both x2 rhp freeman overall max went up, last 440 Dickerson max went up at it that weekend so it’s just the pattern they use 🤷🏽‍♂️
    I was thinking the same thing. Red is also a ridiculous 500 too. I know foils just came out, but I can definitely see 520 foils and regular legends jumping to 510. Feels soon though, but we'll seee. 
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Yeah totally with the box odds being hot 💩 already I wasn’t happy they pulled out the foil scam again to make it even harder to get a good set. That’s making this year hard to have fun and want to play over just seeing it as tasking just to help, it’s hard not to see the play base take a hard drop soon more then it has. 
    Yea the FOILs are awful, they have been all year. They have worse odds then ATG last year. Can you imagine what ATG will be this year to pull? Im guessing .0005% chance.
    – The Great Houmy
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Butler is only like the 3rd 510 released, right? It’s incredibly early for a guy with his dominant skills at the top of the curve. I think it’s a rare exception to the rule, not a sign of an impending bump. I just can’t see another bump one week after 510s came out. But who knows. 
    lol here comes the bump tomorrow!!! @TyroneEastwood told me so.
    – The Great Houmy