Box odds BS....

2Next

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Sad but very true reality of this game. Money pit for most people.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited October 2020
    I've been on both sides of the coin many times even in the last couple weeks.

Things really do even out over time.    But keep in mind if you drop only small amounts of gold each time, you likely wont get what you want very often with the way the odds are
    Yea i think thats why guys feel they never hit cvc because if ur opening 2-4 at a time its gonna feel like you fail all the time
    Quite honestly I was on that same boat but I kind of flipped my perspective a little bit. Being a F2P player as I am, I started realizing as of late how much bxp, pxp and lxp I was getting and I really need those resources particularly to level skills to stay relevant in WoH Royale. I have come to the realization I'm not going to get the players like I did last year, that I need to take the players that I do have and continue to level their skills and to cycle as many times as I can in WoH Royale to build my team because it's cheaper than Monday's crap show. Quite honestly I play CvC for the resources now and lowered my expectations and the game has become more fun and I am beginning to see the return on my investment on the time I invested in this game. I don't spend any money on this game but I sure as heck spend a lot time on this game and my time is worth a lot too.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Using the box odds and Glu's standard cost of gold purchases:

5 star bxp player = 21% = $30
    445 prime = 4.3% = $140
    450 prime = 2.7% = $225
    460 prime = 2.4% = $250
    500 legend = 1.2% = $500
    510 legend = 0.6% = $1000

This is how much they think that each single player at bronze 1 is worth. That is what is wrong with the box odds.
    Wow.  That is wild to see that actually spelled out...
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Thanks Jedddoggy. That needs it's own thread.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    FWIW....I pulled Giambi on 1st pull of a free 250g box. I’ve chased players before spending far too much, but have somewhat learned my lesson from that. I’ve had extreme luck on boxes, I’ve had lousy luck on boxes. At least there are odds posted to help with your decision making. Ultimately it all come down to your decisions, not anything else. Heck I remember back in the day there were NO POSTED ODDS, one pulled boxes blindly, so I’m glad there is something to help me decide. I’m in the camp where it all evens out. But what do I know, I’m a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks 😂 🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Ugh. Sorry dude. Another friend got Butler within 9k, but took 90k today for him to get Red. It's the nature of the game. 
    That would be me... 👋 lol. I haven’t posted here for a long long time, but still check in ever so often. Yeah - odds suck this year, but it is what it is and it sure isn’t going to change .... different game versus 18 or 19. I wanted Red and knew it would probably cost 100k - so I “saved” 10k.... Hahahah .... I’ll prob not chase another player this month - last one I really chased was Chipper. You have to pick your fights.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Over the weekend, I pulled Kaline on my second box, and then pulled Damon from a free 250g box.  So, I absolutely KNEW I would not get Butler or the Shoe Dentist, and lo and behold, I was correct.

I think you just have to accept this, Doc.  Enjoy the good pulls and realize everything in between is just biding time until the next good pull.  Unless you're willing to spend hundreds on every event, you're never going to get every guy you want.      

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Metsicans said:

Over the weekend, I pulled Kaline on my second box, and then pulled Damon from a free 250g box.  So, I absolutely KNEW I would not get Butler or the Shoe Dentist, and lo and behold, I was correct.

I think you just have to accept this, Doc.  Enjoy the good pulls and realize everything in between is just biding time until the next good pull.  Unless you're willing to spend hundreds on every event, you're never going to get every guy you want.      

Absolutely correct. Enjoy the xp because you'll need it when you do get that next great pull
    Metsicans said:

Oh, I agree 10000%. I stated prior I needed resources, thus the reason I did it. I did NOT expect to get him in 20K gold, as my chases normally take close to 100K for any player I have wanted this year. Up to six weeks ago, I was getting good players on CvC too, but that's also been put to a grinding halt.

My annoyance was the fact I opened 50 boxes and got the three lowest "prizes" 48/50 of those boxes. That's beyond hilarious.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Weekday legends last year were 7% odds. I distinctly recall this because I remember when 490 Jim Edmonds with vsR and Late Innings came out I dropped an obscene amount of gold to get him and then 510s were released the next day.

What I'm saying is that even 7% is low enough odds that one might find themselves reaching deep into their pockets to get the player in cases where they are on the wrong side of the odds. This year, if you're on the wrong side of the odds, it apparently can take 1700 boxes to get the legend out of the 250 weekend box (not me, someone else, but it happened).

It's sickening.

Yeah, this is getting too expensive. I put too much into this during Covid to stop this year.  I'll just engage the game less and less, wait on VIP rewards, and hope CvC comes around. If not, oh well. The events I enjoy are done anyway. With the world opening back up, I have more enjoyable things to spend my time and money on.

I can still win legends in WoH too.  Over half my roster is WoH wins.

edited October 2020
    I've been on that shit side of the stick many times this year. The odds are definitely not great this, but neither is the xp. In previous years there was always a trade off, if the players were easier to pull....XP was harder to obtain... Or vice versa. Now it seems like both are horrible, again. This comes down to whoever is calling the shots at GLU for this game. They really dont care anymore. It would be really great if EA or some other company came into the market with their version of this game, (minor changes)... And it could be great.
    – The Great Houmy

No, they absolutely care about their stock holders. This is why it is happening this way.

This game is like the current tax code: They are catering to the top 5-7% that are paying for likely 90% of their revenue. Smart business on their part. No sarcasm whatsoever in that comment.

Until the whales quit dropping thousands of dollars a week, this will only get worse.

This is false information. The bulk of their sales comes from the lower spenders believe it or not. Do you want 1 person who spends say 10k a week. Or do you want 100,000 people who spend $10 a week.  Believe me, they dont care about the top 1% of big spenders. The reason they put out those "deals",  100 FPs, 100 players, is because this game is like crack for many people. They will buy everything to compete and play. Throw in a gauntlet or two every 2 weeks and watch the money pour in..
    – The Great Houmy
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2020
    @dkarski87 is right, this game grossed like 185M last year. These blue VIPs are not even a big deal in the grand scheme. Sure, they get a little preferential treatment from CS, and some All Star perks, but how many of them quit because they are burnt out from spending so much and/or because they feel mistreated by Glu/CS? A lot do.

You have regular VIPs that spend $1000 lifetime and can't figure out why they aren't getting top notch customer service or proper compensation when things go wrong in many cases. They get treated like red headed step children in a peasant family and can't figure out why.

Its why "boycotts" never work. Glu's bottom line isn't affected in any way whatsoever by 20 or 30 random people not spending for 2 days. They wouldn't even notice.

What is really surprising to me is how ended Q2 with a loss per share of 5 cents. Im unsure how that was possible for what is essentially a SaaS that shows the astronomical sales and enrollments numbers that they report.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Another FWIW...... In horse racing, the industry THRIVES on the $2 bettor. Hard to really believe, but it’s a fact. So maybe there is that same relationship with this game and Glu. I’d like to think the $2 better in this game matters to Glu.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷