Prediction players

mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
Do we then have to pay the PXP if they succeed?  I forget. 

FWIW, I think none of these happen. Maybe Charlie. But 460 primes are stinking up my bench. Make it fun at least. 500 primes, especially if I have to pony up the pxp.
Prev1

Comments

• MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    edited October 2020
    I believe it works as such:
    Get player,  BXP level him.  Once he turns Prime you can then trade him in for PXP if you want.
    Something to think about..... cap him, they should all be the super crappy multiple pulls we've been bombarded with.  Save boxes until after they "switch", then repulls should be you PXP repull value.  Maybe, just maybe........
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Won’t happen because they pull the boxes in a few hours and they don’t seem to be selling boxes for cash so no way to stockpile them. Strange how they waited until the last weekend of the LCS to roll these out this year and then chose 3 things unlikely to happen and a fourth that is who knows. Play featured on MLB twitter feed?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    they really missed the ball on SIGN primes as well. Would've been nice to see those again.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    LOL. I'll pass.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    yea the annoying thing for some is you might need them for sets.  For individual teams, I am not seeing the draw
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    If they think that announcement will generate excitement among the community, it's just another HUGE sign of how disconnected they are from what we expect at this point in the season. Pretty sure 90% would rather pay pxp costs with a chance that player may bump to 490-500 (still meh). 460 is an instant trade-in
    Yeap, dumb idea again.
    – The Great Houmy
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    The first paragraph bothers me. They’re spinning this as we get to choose which players we will pull from a MYSTERY box to “predict” what will happen. Not only is the concept stupid, the players are awful. This is clearly Glu realizing they forgot to do Signature Primes and grasping at straws.

But this "dumb idea" will net them another $40, at least, from the whales. This won't include the other two bonus players they will want you to purchase as well: one prime for $20/$25 and a legend that will be $100. Those players will be behind the curve as well.

Isn't this great!!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    The first paragraph bothers me. They’re spinning this as we get to choose which players we will pull from a MYSTERY box to “predict” what will happen. Not only is the concept stupid, the players are awful. This is clearly Glu realizing they forgot to do Signature Primes and grasping at straws.
    I think that paragraph is referring to the specials where you're able to buy the specific player you want. 
    Correct. That is ALWAYS what GLU is concerned about first and foremost: what YOU can buy.

KCTribe said:
    I think that paragraph is referring to the specials where you're able to buy the specific player you want. 
    Thank you. That makes me less triggered... but doesn’t make the idea any less stupid. 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I'll gamble on Framber - I have room in my rotation for a 460 leveled at 30k bxp.
    Only other consideration would be to cap Charlie to turn bxp into pxp. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    I'll gamble on Framber - I have room in my rotation for a 460 leveled at 30k bxp.
    Only other consideration would be to cap Charlie to turn bxp into pxp. 
    He’d be the only guy I would consider, just because I usually don’t waste pxp on a reliever. But I’m not going to bet on the Astros being the second team ever to come back from being down 3-0. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Jeez they are extremely stupid.. good concept tho. At 500 I would probably be in 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Jeez they are extremely stupid.. good concept tho. At 500 I would probably be in 
    Ya, very odd.  They seem to always miss their mark when launching these kinds of things

They didn't miss the mark. This was designed to be another money grab with throw-away players. Too many times for something like this to happen to "miss the mark".

No disrespect to you, of course.

Disrespect is warranted when the party involved keeps doing dumb shit. This is warranted on every level. The fact that there are so many throw away players in those extra boxes, and they included them in every set is horse shit. Today's event just shows a new level of greed and stupidity by this company, is what it is. Im the dumb ass that keeps coming back for me and pulled those boxes. They got me by the balls and they know it. 
    – The Great Houmy
    @dkarski87: no disrespect to you, but is it really that hard to stop spending?  You got to let go. Once you do it one time....

It really is disrespectful. My fan rewards meter will be staying at zero. My hope is you big spenders see the shady s*** they’re pulling and don’t open your wallets this weekend. If you must compete, spend what gold you have and cycle to get more. They just keep pushing their luck to see what the tipping point is. When is enough enough? This is a new low for Glu, and my guess is it’s only going to get worse. I’ve seen it said here countless times - bonus sets have ruined the game and turned Glu into a greedy whore. If you cave in and spend on these garbage players that serve no purpose other than to complete a set then you are exactly what Glu thinks you are, a fool.
    Not too me Doc, your good. I meant if people want to defend GLU's actions and dont be respectful towards them. That ship has sailed today, so many boxes and so many sets needed. Brilliant mother fu,kers sticking 1 shit prime from every box into every set there is. You have to pull every single box to fill them. And most people are correct, they dont care anymore.
    – The Great Houmy
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    @dkarski87: no disrespect to you, but is it really that hard to stop spending?  You got to let go. Once you do it one time....
    It seems to be pretty hard to stop complaining...just gotta try it one time
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Says the guy complaining about other people complaining 
    @jmsorioles33: Don’t let the sunshine spoil your rain. Stand up and complain. 

A famous muppet graced us with these wise words.

It was tough for for me... I do still spend occasionally but nothing even remotely close. But once I did finally stop the insanity.. that first time.. the sun rose the next day and it was ok.
     I’m not sure now what I felt like I was trying to keep up with. 🤷🏻‍♂️ What a strange addiction it is. 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    But I’m not going to bet on the Astros being the second team ever to come back from being down 3-0. 
    CFM vs LMJ should be a great game tomorrow. Rays looking like they've already given up though. 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    edited October 2020
    It was tough for for me... I do still spend occasionally but nothing even remotely close. But once I did finally stop the insanity.. that first time.. the sun rose the next day and it was ok.
     I’m not sure now what I felt like I was trying to keep up with. 🤷🏻‍♂️ What a strange addiction it is. 
    That’s what’s funny to me. And I’m sure I’m not alone here... but I typically spend 200-300$ on a decent weekend.  I chose to avoid this mess of bonus sets.  There’s just too many. 300$ Won’t cut it. It’s an odd business model, but what do I know. I just know I’m not spending this weekend.  
    Bearmeat said:
    That’s what’s funny to me. And I’m sure I’m not alone here... but I typically spend 200-300$ on a decent weekend.  I chose to avoid this mess of bonus sets.  There’s just too many. 300$ Won’t cut it. It’s an odd business model, but what do I know. I just know I’m not spending this weekend.  
    Right... 2 to 300$ wouldn’t even cut it.. not anymore. Another reason I’m glad the peak of my addiction was before this insanity 😳
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    You think they will have x-factor if they become primes ?
  • mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Back to the front... 2 down. Charlie hasn’t even played.  That leaves Smith who had 3 RBI on Friday i think which means he needs 2 more.  

A big nothing burger about to happen.

A far cry from last year’s Signature Primes where I rode Sherzer a long time.  I think he was 500 at prime?  

2021 is the clearly the priority and I’m not an alarmist in any way but clearly WOH is dead, Prediction Players offered only bad/only set of prime up options, ATG’s are maybe irrelevant at this point and they didn’t even offer Black Friday deals last year. I’d argue an embarrassing percentage of us still around are because of 2018 WOH setup and Black Friday that year. 

That is me anyway.  

So now what?