WoH for the 10-19-20: Bases loaded!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited October 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Remember when we complained about close game???

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Quick take on Larkin: the guys that can use him likely can’t afford to level him; the guys that can level him don’t need him beyond bonus points. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Isn't that bases loaded? Point is the same though
    JTANDME said:
    Isn't that bases loaded? Point is the same though
    You’re right! Dang. Lolol
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Nice...back to back useless players for WOH in a WOH event. 
  • grendel327grendel327 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Yep.   I have Ernie and Ozzie already     And having prime and legend at same position is dumb.  The primes overall is so low and pathetic that he’s not even worth leveling to cycle.     We need to be able to cycle legend player   This is stupid glu 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Once again they’ve successfully ruined walk off legends. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    At this point they are just laughing at us while giving us the middle finger. 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Well I for one, like Larkin a lot...

Kidding, burn it all down
    Rippers said:
    Nice...back to back useless players for WOH in a WOH event. 
    THIRD WoH event in a row. Last week with Polanco, Royale, and today.

DFBB nailed it with their motivations. 

They loathe their customers. No other way to explain it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Are they trying to limit the event to a simple ressource building or WOH is already dead?  Those players/skills aren't fun at all. We also had Renfigo that was a cycle cap player. That's after getting Nettles and Bando back-to-back.
    We are all beta testers
    Are they trying to limit the event to a simple ressource building or WOH is already dead?  Those players/skills aren't fun at all. We also had Renfigo that was a cycle cap player. That's after getting Nettles and Bando back-to-back.

Yes, but by resource building you mean PxP. They don't want you getting LxP like you did in the past.

Go buy that since there won't be boxes in the store for a long time.

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts

Yes, but by resource building you mean PxP. They don't want you getting LxP like you did in the past.

Go buy that since there won't be boxes in the store for a long time.

Royale is a pxp resource building tool. I wouldn’t say Monday WOH is really worth it. Especially given the last level is all LHP’s. 

No, not any longer. Last year Monday WoH was a resource boon and I would play all day.

If I were so inclined, I could land almost every bonus set today bc I have just about every Braves player. Unfortunately I only have about 10K gold, so I know I won't come near getting one of the Legends.  Need about 80K gold for that now.

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    All RHP lvl 5 
    Great I don’t have to change my lineup to accommodate lhp

Spent gold to try and land a Legend. I'm so stupid. Pity timer, Zunino. Fan rewards? Zunino and BxP.

Out of gold again. I'm now at over 160 gold spent without landing a Legend.

LOLOLOL. I could blow it out today had I just landed one, but GLU has put me on the crap list.

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts

Spent gold to try and land a Legend. I'm so stupid. Pity timer, Zunino. Fan rewards? Zunino and BxP.

Out of gold again. I'm now at over 160 gold spent without landing a Legend.

LOLOLOL. I could blow it out today had I just landed one, but GLU has put me on the crap list.

If you hit the specials tab there are all kinds of amazing deals you could buy.  Imagine all the fun it would be to entertain us with the results! 😁😁
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard

Nah. I'm good. I'm done farming gold after today too. Will just live off of what I get from Stadium and any challenges I meet, etc.

This isn't worth it any longer. Every event I enjoy sucks now, along with the fact that it is now impossible to land a good player via boxes or CvC. I have a TON of resources bc I haven't landed a decent player in WEEKS. The last decent player I got took nearly 100K to get.

Reality is I have spent about 260K in gold the past month and only landed one Legend.

Couple that with the recent double charges and middle finger from CS on other gold I've won, its time to just finish out the year with minimal interaction. Gonna play a bit today since I have all those Braves and I like WoH, but I am at the end of the rope now.

TY GLU.

• KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    I’m with ya Doc. I’m in complete cruise control until Glu decides to make this game fun again... IF they decide to make the game fun again. Sorry, but my idea of fun is not simming bonus games, and especially if I have to spend a couple hundred bucks a week in hopes of
    pulling the flavor of every-other-day.
    KCTribe said:
    I’m with ya Doc. I’m in complete cruise control until Glu decides to make this game fun again... IF they decide to make the game fun again. Sorry, but my idea of fun is not simming bonus games, and especially if I have to spend a couple hundred bucks a week in hopes of
    pulling the flavor of every-other-day.

It really is beyond stupid what they are doing. There is nothing you get in return for a lot of hours put in at all. NOTHING. Last year you did. My biggest whine last year was always WoH, but once you got the right guys, you could clear it. Getting the right guys didn't cost 100K gold PLUS another $100 just to land them.

This isn't fun farming all day, playing the right way, only to pull the same stupid player over and over and over again. Then you buy the stupid $20 deal on the last day of the event? Yeah, twice that pity timer will turn over with the crappiest guy.

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Once again they’ve successfully ruined walk off legends. 
    given what they've done to the last three legends, the message and direction seem clear.

Guys like Erstad, Nettles, etc. werent awesome but they were usable for your team in some form.   The last 3 are just strictly pay for points which most cant afford.
  • barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    Bases loaded shouldn't even be a skill. Same with 1st pitch and 2 outs......

Just wait, before long they will have an skill for every runner-on-base scenario just to screw us all over more.

Can't wait for the "first and third", "second and third" options.

They also haven't given us a "Middle Innings" option yet either.

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts

Just wait, before long they will have an skill for every runner-on-base scenario just to screw us all over more.

@dfbb can you remove this comment ASAP?  Thanks...
    Bearmeat said:

@dfbb can you remove this comment ASAP?  Thanks...
    I was going to add insult to injury with some not so good defensive additions :smile:
    The preprogrammed cheating is a good enough "defensive addition" if you ask me.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @drsmartassphd if you start 20/20 your top guys. I can almost guarantee you be getting those cheat outs anymore. I know some guys that stay gold level, and they 20.20 there best guys. They never have issues.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    @drsmartassphd if you start 20/20 your top guys. I can almost guarantee you be getting those cheat outs anymore. I know some guys that stay gold level, and they 20.20 there best guys. They never have issues.

Oh, I'm good broseph. I can clear WoH with no troubles with my team, which is part of my frustration now with the game.

I also have a CvC lineup too, but that one is useless now. LOL

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I’m gold and nobody above 12/20 and I have no issues with WOH.  
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    edited October 2020
    Bases loaded shouldn't even be a skill. Same with 1st pitch and 2 outs......
    1st pitch is the best skill in the game imo.

edit: actually, woh isn't what it used to be, but it's still one of the best skills.