WOH has left you. Move on

BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
I feel like a disgruntled girlfriend telling you guys this...but it’s over.  Find some other game to play.  We had great times in 18’ and 19’. But we’re done. It’s time we explored bonus games. I hear they play a huge role in competition.  Love CC
Prev1

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

You are so right.

Words can't express the excitement I feel when I pay $15-$50 for a Field Pass (that likely won't work) just so I can press "Simulate game" over and over and over again.  Seeing those numbers just fire up so high, then seeing my score of a few hundred thousand bc I didn't spend $500 that day getting all the bonus sets just makes me feel like I have accomplished something.

Gone are the silly days of actually playing a game by using skill after you have put time and money into it.

Gotta hand it to GLU, they really are ahead of the times.

I can't wait until every game is like this. Just buy it, build up a character, and simulate it!

The Future Is Now.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts

You are so right.

Words can't express the excitement I feel when I pay $15-$50 for a Field Pass (that likely won't work) just so I can press "Simulate game" over and over and over again.  Seeing those numbers just fire up so high, then seeing my score of a few hundred thousand bc I didn't spend $500 that day getting all the bonus sets just makes me feel like I have accomplished something.

Gone are the silly days of actually playing a game by using skill after you have put time and money into it.

I can't wait until every game is like this. Just buy it, build up a character, and simulate it!

The Future Is Now.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Time to face facts.  It’s a contest to see who can spend the most while touching their phone way too much!  A true test of manhood. 🤣🤣🤣
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard

Seriously, Nintendo should have thought of this back in the 80s.

Mail them money through Nintendo Power to max up your Mario character with fireballs and extra men, then hit "simulate world 1" and just watch him run over Bowser and kiss the fake princess until you build him up strong enough to simulate world 8.  Granted, you would never see the levels they designed, but who cares?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited October 2020

You are so right.

The Future Is Now.

Amen Doc, keep preaching baby! 

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I miss n64..... Mario Kart and Goldneye!! and of course the best game ever made.... ZELDA... @TyroneEastwood
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Personally I love the guy who presses “Awesome” to express his displeasure.  He can’t touch his phone enough, but at least this one is free!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Very few games require skill and even then, those type of games don't appeal to the masses. 

whynot said:

You are so right.

The Future Is Now.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Time to face facts.  It’s a contest to see who can spend the most while touching their phone way too much!  A true test of manhood. 🤣🤣🤣
    I agree with this, but online, everything is trivial. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I think people still hold onto hope based on the last few months of 18.
    2019 rarely had that format, (one time blizzard tower?), so basically towards the middle of last year I kind of accepted what WOH was.   
    This year took it an even different direction I think because of the duplicate XP in primes and legends.
    Its possible that once we get a couple more legend bumps, you will be able to cycle cap a 480/500 but even then I think that just makes lxp too available and therefore hurts things financially.

So yeah Ill just stick to what I said in another thread.   It is what it is and I've moved on and adjusted my roster building accordingly.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

You are so right.

The Future Is Now.

Amen Doc, keep preaching baby! 

Brotha is on fire today🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
    edited October 2020
    I joined a club(and their chat) just for the weekend. Almost everyone in that club did at least 25 woh cycles. In fact, outside of the big spenders, most diamond guys usually do the 25 woh cycles. It may be dead in the figurative sense, but guys are still grinding WoH. 
    DFBB said:
    I joined a club(and their chat) just for the weekend. Almost everyone in that club did at least 25 woh cycles. If fact, outside of the big spenders, most diamond guys usually do the 25 woh cycles. It may be dead in the figurative sense, but guys are still grinding WoH. 

For a weekend event, I can understand that completely. WoH Royale last year wasn't as fun bc it was always a Prime guy nobody wanted. This year you can get a Legend, then cycle for LxP to help level. That's an improvement.

What they should do is keep WoH like it was on Mondays, then for Royale Weekends, do the 15/25 cycle, and on Wednesdays to 10/20 cycle.

Just my $.02.

I realize the purpose of this is for an LXP squeeze, so my expectations are low.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah im forced to do the 25 for resources. I hate it. I do it, but absolutely loathe it.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yeah im forced to do the 25 for resources. I hate it. I do it, but absolutely loathe it.
    Trust me, I hate it too. I literally have to fight from falling asleep. On top of that, it's valuable time away from bonus games too. 

Because I haven't landed a player out of a box that I wanted in weeks (to the tune of over 150K gold now....effing thieves) I have a ton of LxP. I could level four players at gold right now with standard rates.

I'm at the point with WoH that if I want the player, I cycle three times and quit.

If WoH on Monday was a situation where you could actually get resources without it being a bore, I would play more, but that's not what GLU is after.

JEDDDOGGY said:

Chore is the only way to describe it
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    9 innings.  Is a thing
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

It really is brutal. I did it two weeks ago, such a grind. I saved up the 25 reward boxes in the hope of a free level up or two, figured that would at least make it somewhat worthwhile. Somehow went 0-25, naturally. 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Couldn’t cycle once with a max gold team again.
    4 hours wasted. 
    FCK this game. 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    likenight said:
    4 hours wasted. 
    FCK this game. 
    This doesn’t make sense at all. Can you show a screenshot of your roster...and also their upgrades. 

You should be able to get it done in 35-40 minutes with a maxed gold team. There is such little user error in this game. There’s gotta be something up with your team 
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    likenight said:
    4 hours wasted. 
    FCK this game. 
    You made the same complaint last week, and I still don’t believe you. If this team is you, then yeah you have no reason to blame Glu for your issues. Trying to beat WOH with a “max gold” team is like me complaining about not being able to beat it with a “max bronze” team.

@likenight I’m not diamond, so I can’t give you the greatest of advice. But you might want to stop buying boxes for a while. Like until next calendar year. Cycling diamond as many times as humanly possible should be your goal.
    Oh. I see. Max gold team in diamond tier....ya that’s never gonna beat woh. Sorry about the 4 hours
    Yeah it doesn’t matter. 
    Just need to vent. 
    Every time I get my team better they make it harder and harder. 
    Kind of chasing this endlessly....
    Spending for nothing. 

From now on when I read all of @likenight’s rants:

likenight said:
    Yeah it doesn’t matter. 
    Just need to vent. 
    Spending for nothing. 

You absolutely DO require a mostly capped diamond team to beat woh in diamond tier. Gold is only good for gold tier. I think I’m sort of over explaining this one...
    Yes. 
    I think this will force me to finally leave so maybe that’s a good thing. 
    Take care everyone and please excuse my brevity. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    likenight said:
    Yeah it doesn’t matter. 
    Just need to vent. 
    Spending for nothing. 

You absolutely DO require a mostly capped diamond team to beat woh in diamond tier. Gold is only good for gold tier. I think I’m sort of over explaining this one...
    @likenight how could be on the forum as long as you have and not know this ⬆️? 
    Anyway.. good luck brother.. cheers 🍻 
    likenight said:
    Yes. 
    I think this will force me to finally leave so maybe that’s a good thing. 
    Take care everyone and please excuse my brevity. 

I don't see how that's happening. Either way, good luck to you!

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Why would you feel a Gold capped lineup could/should beat Diamond level WOH? This complaint fell apart very quickly after seeing that screenshot. When people say they have a Gold capped lineup, that means that their team level & player level go no higher than Gold & they face Gold level pitchers at the highest tier. 
    Metsicans said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

It really is brutal. I did it two weeks ago, such a grind. I saved up the 25 reward boxes in the hope of a free level up or two, figured that would at least make it somewhat worthwhile. Somehow went 0-25, naturally. 
    went 0/23 yesterday, and 0/25 over the weekend.   Didnt really care for either player so thats fine but man we should be progressing from a 90% 1k lxp option at this stage in the game.