TSB20: We Lost A Lot Of Good Men Out There

Comments

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    It’s probably not too far off from that this year. There’s likely 3 to 4 times more that are just reading the threads than there are writing in them
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    When I first joined the forums, @Bigpredfan and @Houmy rolled out the red carpet for both myself and others. They were also very, very generous with their time. Anyways, each time I see this thread, those are the two I think of. 

PS: @Houmy I may have a 'friend' with $15.....lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited October 2020
    Bearmeat said:
    It’s probably not too far off from that this year. There’s likely 3 to 4 times more that are just reading the threads than there are writing in them
    There are tons of lurkers(guys who read, but don't post).
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    DFBB said:
    When I first joined the forums, @Bigpredfan and @Houmy rolled out the red carpet for both myself and others. They were also very, very generous with their time. Anyways, each time I see this thread, those are the two I think of. 

It was easy to roll out the red carpet for you buddy. You were a top notch contributor & friend from day 1 and it was refreshing to have you among us. Made it easier for me too as I could scale back my time on the forum 😏. I'll probably "see" you around the 9th or so 😉

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Houmy said:
    DFBB said:

It was easy to roll out the red carpet for you buddy. You were a top notch contributor & friend from day 1 and it was refreshing to have you among us. Made it easier for me too as I could scale back my time on the forum 😏. I'll probably "see" you around the 9th or so 😉

BAMMMMM!!!!!
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    What year was it that they released Ted Williams on Christmas Day? My first ever cycle cap. Did ten cycles that day to take him from Diamond 1 to 10. It wasn’t hard either, I did the cycles without interfering with any holiday stuff. Not proud of it, but I did love that Teddy. 
    Metsicans said:
    What year was it that they released Ted Williams on Christmas Day? My first ever cycle cap. Did ten cycles that day to take him from Diamond 1 to 10. It wasn’t hard either, I did the cycles without interfering with any holiday stuff. Not proud of it, but I did love that Teddy. 
    Twas in 2018 my friend. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Metsicans said:
    ‘18, best year ever for this app
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Pretty much done at this point. Bought the small FP Monday and still have not received any of my rewards. It’s sad because this is the first FP issue I’ve had, and it’s the straw that broke the camels back. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I’d say these guys are nothing short of clowns, but then I’d be insulting the guys that perform really well at circuses and rodeos. These losers aren’t performing well at any level. Sad. ‘18 was AWESOME, obviously there have been management changes and personnel changes, all for the worse. Their want ads must say “Hiring idiots, Work in a circus environment. Develop apps that get worse each year. Piss off the customer. Then graduate to management. Rinse and repeat”. Sigh....
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Pretty much done at this point. Bought the small FP Monday and still have not received any of my rewards. It’s sad because this is the first FP issue I’ve had, and it’s the straw that broke the camels back. 

And you won’t. Been there, done that.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    I uninstalled yet again 3 days ago.  Right after landing Boog and cycling WOH 25 times.  Looked at my Google account and saw i have spent $2400 in October.  Didn't even realize it.  Truly a WTF moment.  Gotta try and stay away for good.  Checking on this forum doesn't help, but I genuinely like some of you jerk-offs and the banter.   What I really need is a new game.  I just can't find another baseball game I like.  Tried golf.... boring.  Tried bowling.... boring.  My only other game is Risk.  Where I happen to be a Grandmaster and will crush any of you chumps should you challenge my authority!  😁
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Millecors said:
    I uninstalled yet again 3 days ago.  Right after landing Boog and cycling WOH 25 times.  Looked at my Google account and saw i have spent $2400 in October.  Didn't even realize it.  Truly a WTF moment.  Gotta try and stay away for good.  Checking on this forum doesn't help, but I genuinely like some of you jerk-offs and the banter.   What I really need is a new game.  I just can't find another baseball game I like.  Tried golf.... boring.  Tried bowling.... boring.  My only other game is Risk.  Where I happen to be a Grandmaster and will crush any of you chumps should you challenge my authority!  😁
    DUDE!!!!  $2400????  Reading some of your post (aka vulgar rants to cs) I thought you were just another douche.  Now I know that isn’t true, my apologies.  Your not a douche, your an addict who can’t shake the hook and in desperate need of an intervention.

Man oh Man!  I need investors for my Glu Rehab Facility.  Think I’ll call it, Rigged Boxes.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    Purchased mine yesterday right after the start of the event, have yet to get the discount, gold, rewards or autoplay.  Haven't heard a single peep from CS and 15 messages.  I figure they only read 1 out of 10 that I send, so about a 150 out of 1000 chance that they even see the current issue and not respond with an email from a month ago.
    Then again, based on current box odds, they may never see it at all.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Millecors said:
    Wow man, I am glad you shared that, hopefully it will be a wake up call for some of the other guys on this forum who have addiction problems. Hope you are able to stay away from the game. Have you tried Score Match? I think it is a very fun soccer game, takes both on-field and off-field strategy like tap, and allows you to build/level up your players (either for free with time or you can spend to level faster - but the developer of the game has a soul so they don't charge very much and you always get your money's worth). The gameplay is so much more exciting than tap baseball (as you are always playing live against another person), and is way more dynamic (you use your finger to guide the ball to where you want to pass/shoot anywhere you want on the field). Also it has a pretty hilarious chat system during the game with emojis, and there is a pretty big community and reddit forum.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.firsttouchgames.smp&hl=en&gl=US
    If you end up downloading it and liking it, let me know and I can let you use my captain (max level) to give you an advantage.

@millecors: you can come borrow my NES and SNES systems if you want. I have over 500 games and they are just on two cartridges. I'm having surgery soon and won't be able to play them for 8 weeks.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts

@millecors: you can come borrow my NES and SNES systems if you want. I have over 500 games and they are just on two cartridges. I'm having surgery soon and won't be able to play them for 8 weeks.

I have a PS4 and an Xbox One.  The problem with mobile gaming is it's "mobile".  
    Down time at work? TSB
    Doctors office waiting? TSB
    Post coitus bliss? TSB
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Millecors said:

I have a PS4 and an Xbox One.  The problem with mobile gaming is it's "mobile".  
    Down time at work? TSB
    Doctors office waiting? TSB
    Post coitus bliss? TSB
    Bathroom time - TSB
    DMV - TSB
    Waiting In Line to Vote - TSB

the only time I dont tsb is when Im posting on the Balsamic Thread...thats when I concentrate

you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Some of the games on the video ads look interesting.  I can't imagine the quality could be much worse than we're accustomed to.

Don't forget the most important one and why GLU has decided to really destroy this game this year and take advantage of us. At least this is what got me...

WORK FROM HOME: TSB

• BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Holiday Ted might be the best/most impactful player released, ever. He was THAT good. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    Metsicans said:
    Twas in 2018 my friend. 
    'Twas the best year ever for TSB😌 Aww dang gumit back to TSB '20  this flaming stinking trash heap😫
    Bearmeat said:
    Metsicans said:
    Twas in 2018 my friend. 
    'Twas the best year ever for TSB😌 Aww dang gumit back to TSB '20  this flaming stinking trash heap😫
    Somehow this flew into my inbox in my email account... but 18’ and 20’ are polar opposites. All I can say is that bonus sets completely ruined the game for the general populous. The missing links to the sets are always cash driven...not players you could acquire through gold. Big mistake on their end.  The problem I have is f2p players complaining about how Glu should operate their business. I’m sorry, but that has no weight on any scale. It really doesn’t. This one is on the whales.  At some point they need to decide ‘what am I fighting for’. And believe me, I’ve been on these top clubs before. It’s sheer competition. The prize isn’t the one posted...it’s being able to call yourself the top. Yes, the box odds suck. Oh fûck do they suck. But let’s call a spade a spade. Opening 50 boxes doesn’t get you a legend. That’s not rigged boxes, that’s just shïtty box odds. Do yourselves a favour and either accept what is being put in front of you, or don’t...and quit. You can’t change how this company operates. 
    Did someone say rigged boxes? 🤣🤣
    - Blueleopard
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    Bearmeat said:
    Metsicans said:
    Twas in 2018 my friend. 
    Somehow this flew into my inbox in my email account... but 18’ and 20’ are polar opposites. All I can say is that bonus sets completely ruined the game for the general populous. The missing links to the sets are always cash driven...not players you could acquire through gold. Big mistake on their end.  The problem I have is f2p players complaining about how Glu should operate their business. I’m sorry, but that has no weight on any scale. It really doesn’t. This one is on the whales.  At some point they need to decide ‘what am I fighting for’. And believe me, I’ve been on these top clubs before. It’s sheer competition. The prize isn’t the one posted...it’s being able to call yourself the top. Yes, the box odds suck. Oh fûck do they suck. But let’s call a spade a spade. Opening 50 boxes doesn’t get you a legend. That’s not rigged boxes, that’s just shïtty box odds. Do yourselves a favour and either accept what is being put in front of you, or don’t...and quit. You can’t change how this company operates. 
    You speak truth but I have been playing since 2015 and actually spent quite a bit of money in 2015 and 2016. Then one day I realized I can do this game without paying a dime and be successful. I put a lot of my time into this game playing and farming so my time is very valuable to me too. Ever heard the saying time is money? Spending time watching ads for gold nets Glu a pretty penny as well if not they would not offer them. So in saying all that, respectfully, I disagree with you that F2P players like myself don't have a right to complain about the business practices of Glu. I do have the right to do so but those Ben Franklin's are still in my wallet as well. I won't spend the money with Glu until they change things.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Bearmeat said:
    Bearmeat said:
    Metsicans said:
    Twas in 2018 my friend. 
    You have no idea what you are talking about - first of all, it has been pretty clearly stated on this forum and others that Glu heavily relies on small IAP from average players as much as the money from the whales - otherwise they wouldn't have small $1-$10 offers available all the time, they would just have a $100 fieldpass and expensive specials. Most of the F2P guys on this forum were actually spenders and even VIP's, and they have stopped spending in the last few months because of what Glu has done to the game - even the beginning of this year's version was not as bad as it has become (for instance, until primes were released, the WOH player was top of the curve with solid skills usually, and box odds only had a 50% chance of XP). If someone wants to voice their opinion about how they feel about this game, they should be welcome to do so, especially on a forum dedicated to the game. But telling everyone to shut up and quit if they don't like the changes Glu has made recently is just insulting, childish, and ignorant. When someone goes to a restaurant and is served bad food, you don't tell them to shut up and eat it. The customer has the inherent right to make complaints about services, it is embedded in the very fabric of our country's core values of democracy. Do yourself a favor and go back to leaving the forum like you said you were, we all could use another reprieve from your constantly telling 95% of this forum to shut up and quit the game because they are using this forum to voice their frustrations.
    edited October 2020
    Bearmeat said:
    Bearmeat said:
    Metsicans said:
    Twas in 2018 my friend. 
    You have no idea what you are talking about - first of all, it has been pretty clearly stated on this forum and others that Glu heavily relies on small IAP from average players as much as the money from the whales - otherwise they wouldn't have small $1-$10 offers available all the time, they would just have a $100 fieldpass and expensive specials. Most of the F2P guys on this forum were actually spenders and even VIP's, and they have stopped spending in the last few months because of what Glu has done to the game - even the beginning of this year's version was not as bad as it has become (for instance, until primes were released, the WOH player was top of the curve with solid skills usually, and box odds only had a 50% chance of XP). If someone wants to voice their opinion about how they feel about this game, they should be welcome to do so, especially on a forum dedicated to the game. But telling everyone to shut up and quit if they don't like the changes Glu has made recently is just insulting, childish, and ignorant. When someone goes to a restaurant and is served bad food, you don't tell them to shut up and eat it. The customer has the inherent right to make complaints about services, it is embedded in the very fabric of our country's core values of democracy. Do yourself a favor and go back to leaving the forum like you said you were, we all could use another reprieve from your constantly telling 95% of this forum to shut up and quit the game because they are using this forum to voice their frustrations.
    While I don’t agree with everything you say, just most of it, I do agree that most on this forum are VIP that quit spending.  As for the rest well...... let’s just say even people who criticize others are also allowed to state their opinion here.  Hopefully we can keep this thread civil and not attack others, hate to make @DFBB close another.

Oh, BTW, did somebody say rigged boxes?
    - Blueleopard
    Bearmeat said:
    Bearmeat said:
    Metsicans said:
    Twas in 2018 my friend. 
    I’m sorry but micro IAP Is not their bread and butter. Take the top 5 clubs in the 5 brackets and you’ll see that the common denominator is “in store specials “ to complete a Field Pass regulars wardrobe.   You guys have no idea where or what the money comes from.  Or how brackets are derived to suit the top clubs.  But GL
    Bearmeat said:
    Bearmeat said:
    Metsicans said:
    Twas in 2018 my friend. 
    Most VIP accounts were either acquired for free or within a few dollars. That term has zero relevance in the TSB world. You need to be a daily spender to stay relevant. 
    edited October 2020
    Thank you for the insight.  Makes me grateful I’m not a whale, nor somebody who takes pride in how much they spend on a stupid phone game.

I hear some of them are even arrogant enough to try and talk down to others, who were smart enough to stop throwing money down the toilet. (aka mere moral VIP fools)
    - Blueleopard