The Newcomb box again reveals how rigged the POTW/POTM boxes are

trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
Newcomb box has a 65% chance at the lowest LXP amount, and as expected, I have pulled this amount for 16 out of 17 EB boxes.
However, every single week when I buy the POTW and every month when I buy the POTM boxes, which supposedly have 50% chance at a player, I will go 1 for 5 if I am lucky - every time. It is hilarious how rigged these boxes are becoming. Glu is desperate AF.

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody say rigged boxes?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Newcomb box has a 65% chance at the lowest LXP amount, and as expected, I have pulled this amount for 16 out of 17 EB boxes.
    However, every single week when I buy the POTW and every month when I buy the POTM boxes, which supposedly have 50% chance at a player, I will go 1 for 5 if I am lucky - every time. It is hilarious how rigged these boxes are becoming. Glu is desperate AF.
    FTR it’s not 50% on POTM. It’s 500/1000. That’s not odds. That’s a prize pool. It’s important to understand the difference. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Bearmeat said:g
    FTR it’s not 50% on POTM. It’s 500/1000. That’s not odds. That’s a prize pool. It’s important to understand the difference. 
    In 100 boxes, the prize “should” have been rewarded once. That’s 50K. I spent 60K, got the prize and ALL kinds of LXP. Happy camper, but yeah, I wish it would have taken less, but odds are odds. Kinda getting tired of the whining. Since when are things supposed to be easy and just fall in your lap? I wish it was that easy.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    edited October 2020
    tshea510 said:
    In 100 boxes, the prize “should” have been rewarded once. That’s 50K. I spent 60K, got the prize and ALL kinds of LXP. Happy camper, but yeah, I wish it would have taken less, but odds are odds. Kinda getting tired of the whining. Since when are things supposed to be easy and just fall in your lap? I wish it was that easy.
    It is what it is...  I just stopped paying attention to the box probabilities. If you’ve played this long, you should know that too. Some people get lucky, some don’t. I’ve gone 0-20 with potw in the past, I’ve gone 1-16 on potm. But from my perspective in an overall scale the odds posted are correct. That doesn’t mean I like the odds theyre posting for legends right now. That’s fking crazy. They need to fix that!
    There was questions amongst my club whether or not this guy even existed. And in other chats, I saw guys dropping 300k gold with no luck...then in another dead club, they all landed him. It’s just how it is. I don’t like it either
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    tshea510 said:
    It is what it is...  I just stopped paying attention to the box probabilities. If you’ve played this long, you should know that too. Some people get lucky, some don’t. I’ve gone 0-20 with potw in the past, I’ve gone 1-16 on potm. But from my perspective in an overall scale the odds posted are correct. That doesn’t mean I like the odds theyre posting for legends right now. That’s fking crazy. They need to fix that!
    I agree totally. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I too noticed an inability to get decent players once I started spending and playing more. I too have noticed "dead clubs" getting all the good stuff.

It is almost as if....

Nah, I won't say it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Bearmeat said:
    tshea510 said:
    It’s been 100% confirmed that GLU is manipulating who gets pulled by whom.

some people can live with that, others can not.  That’s a choice they have to make.  But people deserve to know the first part Of that is true 
    edited October 2020

Day two where I haven't farmed gold. Just going to finish out the year on WoH Players, VIP rewards, CvC wins and luck. Don't care anymore about the chase.

260K gold with only one legend to show for it, 400K gold overall for two legends.  LOL. DONE!!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts

Day two where I haven't farmed gold. Just going to finish out the year on WoH Players, VIP rewards, CvC wins and luck. Don't care anymore about the chase.

260K gold with only one legend to show for it, 400K gold overall for two legends.  LOL. DONE!!

Go the route of opening up the app less.  Been doing it since June.  Glu loves to give free gold.  No need to open it up to collect the stadium every day.  Got that Johnny Bench when it was released, and most recently got James Abbott in 1 out of 1 box, Bernie Williams from the one cvc or TB I played that day, and last night I got Al Oliver from the only round of TB I played.  You also don't have to collect every gift and play every cvc.  Glu wants you falling into that trap.  It's okay, just let it go.
    Just no.  

Go the route of opening up the app less.  Been doing it since June.  Glu loves to give free gold.  No need to open it up to collect the stadium every day.  Got that Johnny Bench when it was released, and most recently got James Abbott in 1 out of 1 box, Bernie Williams from the one cvc or TB I played that day, and last night I got Al Oliver from the only round of TB I played.  You also don't have to collect every gift and play every cvc.  Glu wants you falling into that trap.  It's okay, just let it go.
    We need The Doc here. I can’t imagine this place without him. Fast forward 1 year from now, I fully expect him on the Candy Crush forums airing his grievances towards the frickery of that game
    Bearmeat said:

We need The Doc here. I can’t imagine this place without him. Fast forward 1 year from now, I fully expect him on the Candy Crush forums airing his grievances towards the frickery of that game
    Lol I like reading posts from the doc.  The forum is more fun than the game.  I'm here daily, but open the game up a couple times a week.  I could see it now though, Doc on the candy crush forums, oh man.  Getting fricked on level whatever it is.  I'm not really sure how that game works.  Never played one second of it.
    Just no.  

LOL. I only played CC a couple of times and didn't like it.

If any of you fine gentleman play Words With Friends, I have the same username. Hit me up.

Just be prepared, I know just about every word imaginable in the English language. WWF is also now allowing French words too for some dumb reason.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

LOL. I only played CC a couple of times and didn't like it.

If any of you fine gentleman play Words With Friends, I have the same username. Hit me up.

Just be prepared, I know just about every word imaginable in the English language. WWF is also now allowing French words too for some dumb reason.

Words with friends, or words with friends 2?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Word 2

Word 2
    I wish I liked that game, but I hated getting 10 points for a seven letter word and then my opponent would get triple word score for words that looks like this ---> ZYGXCC    Not sure if that works in WWF, but you get the point.
    Just no.