My WoH experience: device matters!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
The diamond WoH experience is unlike any other. More importantly, if you have a current device, you will fly right through. Last year, I never did a cycle below 15 minutes. This year, I got a new phone and boy, what a difference! In the video, you will see that it took about 8 minutes. Here are some details: 

-WoH Royale on 10-21-20.
-batted at 1.10, 2.9+, 3.9+, 4.10, and 5.10. 
-all bats are 20/20.
-auto skipped to 1.3.
-‘20 version of the iPhone SE

https://streamable.com/lxbghl

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    That is super fast!  I actually have a 2020 iPhone SE as well, but for my holder team, so I don’t play much WoH on it.  I’ll likely get a new iPad for my birthday though, which happens to be in March (convenient, lol).

I see you were playing at Coors Field.  Any advantage to playing there (like in real life) or just doing a tour of the different ballparks?
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Man that is fast. I have an iPhone 11 Pro. Shouldn’t mine be as fast as yours? Mine is definitely not that fast.
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    That is super fast!  I actually have a 2020 iPhone SE as well, but for my holder team, so I don’t play much WoH on it.  I’ll likely get a new iPad for my birthday though, which happens to be in March (convenient, lol).

I see you were playing at Coors Field.  Any advantage to playing there (like in real life) or just doing a tour of the different ballparks?
    Longer dingers! I believe that's the only "advantage" but it's fun. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

As my beautiful Cajun relatives would say: Piya!

That's awesome.

As I mentioned in my prior whining, WoH hasn't crashed in FOREVER for me (four events now..LOL).

They obviously did something to finally address it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Like @j@jmsorioles33 mentioned, I’ve also noticed that dingers travel farther when playing in Coors. Other than that, I just like the stadium. I’m usually playing in Coors or Fenway. 

Man that is fast. I have an iPhone 11 Pro. Shouldn’t mine be as fast as yours? Mine is definitely not that fast.
    I’m not up to speed on the technical details. If I’m to be honest, I had no idea that the SE would run tsb so well. I got it because I wanted a new phone and it happen to be on sale.

As my beautiful Cajun relatives would say: Piya!

That's awesome.

As I mentioned in my prior whining, WoH hasn't crashed in FOREVER for me (four events now..LOL).

They obviously did something to finally address it.

It’s been great all year on the SE! 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    My best on a current droid is around 13-14 mins. Autoplaying everything. #fixandroid
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    My best on a current droid is around 13-14 mins. Autoplaying everything. #fixandroid
    Man....I still have nightmares of early ‘19 when it would take me about 25 minutes to do a cycle in classic. Heck, even now, I can still hear @jmsorioles33 taunting me with his sub 10min cycles. 😔 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Did you load up aimbot into your fingers? It always took me about 5-10 seconds to look at my list to see who I’m supposed to pick next, and another 5-10 seconds to find the damn guy 😭 I suppose all of the substances I enjoyed in my developing years may have had an impact after all 🤔
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

Was talking with Alex about this earlier, 11 Pro runs same chip as SE (A13) but on a larger screen with higher resolution and DPI. That could impact performance.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts

Was talking with Alex about this earlier, 11 Pro runs same chip as SE (A13) but on a larger screen with higher resolution and DPI. That could impact performance.
    That makes sense. I appreciate it.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited October 2020

So by that measure, would it be accurate to expect a brand new iPad, to still be slower than the iPhone SE 2020?

Edit: Looks like the newly released iPad Air utilizes an A14 chip, so maybe about the same speed as iPhone SE 2020 with A13 🤷‍♂️
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I still have a 3 year old Galaxy S9 and I've thought about upgrading,  but I can't come up with any reason besides TSB why I need to. 

Upgrading my phone solely for a better TSB experience seems like a full on admission that I have no life outside of this game and I prefer to stay quietly in denial of that fact.