Options

Suggestion: Divisions! Like Forge of Empires Neighborhood feature

GenghisDonGenghisDon Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
The last game that I was addicted to was Forge of Empires. It has a very player interactive feature called Neighborhoods. At certain time intervals, it would group about 90 players into a group and those players could attack each other to gain power and steal stuff from the attacked person.
Obviously, this is a sports game so attacking doesn't apply, but the same concept could apply. You could group 90 teams of like team strength and call it a "Division". Then those teams could play each other for weekly prizes that are determined by how tough your division is. It could be a choice to use your bonus game tickets on generic bonus games or play division games. They would of course be autoskip games but against like teams which makes it a little tougher to win.
As for the logic for grouping to avoid people just throwing in all bronze 1 players, you could take their average team strength from the prior week based on daily max strength when building new divisions for the next week.
What does this do? It does many things
  1. Gives people something to do around the clock
  2. Lets people who don't live on your game compete in something fairly among their team strength peers
  3. Would draw revenue as players would do what they could to win prizes
  4. Could be a way to entice players to move up from silver or gold to get better prizes and not get left in the dust
  5. Add more player interaction, which has it's own trickle down effects of player satisfaction and happy players open wallets.
  6. It's something new and fresh to change the standard: Wait for event to start, find out you can't compete so you just tier out for the gold, play cvc. log out.
I hope this gets taken into consideration and I'd be more than happy to elaborate on any of the points.
Thanks,
GD

Comments

• Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Thanks for the insightful post.  I'll be sure to add it to our feedback.
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    The last game that I was addicted to was Forge of Empires. It has a very player interactive feature called Neighborhoods. At certain time intervals, it would group about 90 players into a group and those players could attack each other to gain power and steal stuff from the attacked person.
    Obviously, this is a sports game so attacking doesn't apply, but the same concept could apply. You could group 90 teams of like team strength and call it a "Division". Then those teams could play each other for weekly prizes that are determined by how tough your division is. It could be a choice to use your bonus game tickets on generic bonus games or play division games. They would of course be autoskip games but against like teams which makes it a little tougher to win.
    As for the logic for grouping to avoid people just throwing in all bronze 1 players, you could take their average team strength from the prior week based on daily max strength when building new divisions for the next week.
    What does this do? It does many things
    1. Gives people something to do around the clock
    2. Lets people who don't live on your game compete in something fairly among their team strength peers
    3. Would draw revenue as players would do what they could to win prizes
    4. Could be a way to entice players to move up from silver or gold to get better prizes and not get left in the dust
    5. Add more player interaction, which has it's own trickle down effects of player satisfaction and happy players open wallets.
    6. It's something new and fresh to change the standard: Wait for event to start, find out you can't compete so you just tier out for the gold, play cvc. log out.
    I hope this gets taken into consideration and I'd be more than happy to elaborate on any of the points.
    Thanks,
    GD
    That is actually pretty cool idea. Unfortunately despite of all of blueleopards' efforts it'll die because it's Glu. Glu doesn't like to do good ideas.
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    FWIW, Forge of Empires is quite possibly the best developed mobile game in existence...and they generate a ridiculous amount of money because of it.  GLU should be throwing bags of cash at Inno Games execs and developers 
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Never say never, man.  It's a copycat industry.  Every game in the Glu Sports portfolio, and all of games in general takes principles from other games which usually leads to success. 
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts

I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard