Prime/Twitch and your data

samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
I’m pretty sure that Glu knows a lot about their gamers. I’m certain that Amazon knows a lot about their customers. Since Glu has been pushing and incentivizing players to connect TSB with Prime I have assumed that it is indeed to exchange data between them. If you click the connect button on the specials page in an iPhone you get a message that makes clear that you are permitting a share of info.

You can see Bryce with the price there so there is no doubt it’s a screen shot from today. Then this pops up in news:

Notice they say in paragraph two that no info will be shared or collected. But you need to give them permission to do it to connect! Rather shady I’d say. 

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    that’s why I haven’t logged in with my prime account
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

No way to know how hackers got into this dudes Amazon account, but it’s something to think about I suppose. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did the hackers try to spend on the Kardashian app?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Basically, they have the ability to share. They have stated that they will not share. Captain obvious alert: If you're not comfortable with it, don't do it. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    lol you think they have some sort of morals? Ok we promise not to share your information, yea right. They make money of it, why wouldn't they give out that information. Anyone who signed up agreed it already, knowingly or not. They dont give a shit about right or wrong, Mr, Obvious.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    whynot said:
    That’s what I would do, but who knows. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    whynot said:
    That’s what I would do, but who knows. 
    Seriously???  I would be trying to buy Pujols out so we could be rid of him!
    - Blueleopard
    I demoted the Angels to backup team back in August 😒
    edited October 2020
    Time to change your name then to fair weather fan....

Edit;  Going to wear my Bobby Grich jersey in protest!
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:

Yeah, I just don’t care enough anymore. Watched the dodgers all year instead and actually enjoyed it instead of just being miserable 🥴 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    whynot said:

Yeah, I just don’t care enough anymore. Watched the dodgers all year instead and actually enjoyed it instead of just being miserable 🥴 
    This is me with my football team.  Gotta watch other teams to remember what good sports looks like sometimes.
    Just no.  
    whynot said:

This is me with my football team.  Gotta watch other teams to remember what good sports looks like sometimes.
    I think it's more than that - the heinas say i look better with dodger blue on my head and I agree 🤣 my boy got his first dodger shirt a while ago, and now we're all waiting for this fresh WS Champs gear to land on the doorstep. 

But seriously, I'm locked in for football and basketball. Zero chance I'm ditching the Raiders and Lakers. Baseball is a distant third sport for me just ahead of hockey, so the decade or so of boneheaded angels-ness just kind of wore me down. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

No way to know how hackers got into this dudes Amazon account, but it’s something to think about I suppose. 

There is something else going on there. You can substitute whichever 2 services you want but Amazon would not grant Glu ability to know Amazon credentials for authentication. They just provide a way for you to use Amazon credentials via their app. The connections to Amazon are always secured by typical encryption methods. It's like logging into your Facebook or Google account and browsing the web and being notified by those non-FB or Google sites you visit that hey, you can log in with your Google/FB account if you like. The authentication attempts are always made against the respective service you are using (Google, FB, whatever).

Most likely that person's Amazon account was compromised elsewhere. They either got phished or visited a site that installed some cred stealing malware who knows when and his info was sold on some darknet forum dedicated to this stuff.

As far as connecting Amazon and Glu accounts, as soon as you grant that permission you can remove it in Amazon. Login to Amazon, account, Other Programs, login with Amazon. From there remove Glu connection.
    whynot said:

I think it's more than that - the heinas say i look better with dodger blue on my head and I agree 🤣 my boy got his first dodger shirt a while ago, and now we're all waiting for this fresh WS Champs gear to land on the doorstep. 

But seriously, I'm locked in for football and basketball. Zero chance I'm ditching the Raiders and Lakers. Baseball is a distant third sport for me just ahead of hockey, so the decade or so of boneheaded angels-ness just kind of wore me down. 
    Saw lots of that Dodgers blue when I went to that game last Friday.  Lots of Kershaw jerseys of course.  Good times for sure.

And I'm still locked in on football, just not Dallas football team... although I do like to watch the train wreck each week lol.  The owner just continues to make stupid decisions.  Hockey is my number one and basketball is my number.... I dunno.  It's right there behind golf and competitive badminton.  The NBA is terrible.  Why is Kawhi Leonard allowed to power bomb and stiff arm players when he has the ball, and the foul is on the defensive player?  And why is there more flopping in basketball than men's soccer now?  I like to watch Luca though, he doesn't like to flop.  I'm sure the Lakers will buy him at some point.
    Just no.  
    And why is there more flopping in basketball than men's soccer now? 
    Yeah, I really don't enjoy that and the constant crying to the refs everyone does - especially LeBron. Makes me cringe. 
    And why is there more flopping in basketball than men's soccer now? 
    Yeah, I really don't enjoy that and the constant crying to the refs everyone does - especially LeBron. Makes me cringe. 
    You mean Leflop James?!?  So floppy.
    Just no.  
    Was L3-6ron, but he’s a laker now and just brought the Larry O’Brien home.. so I can no longer participate in such activities.