TSB20: We Lost A Lot Of Good Men Out There

Comments

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Don’t delete my shit. Man up 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Deleted a couple of comments. If you guys want to make it personal, take it to another thread. I really don’t want to close this thread. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Deleted a couple of comments. If you guys want to make it personal, take it to another thread. I really don’t want to close this thread. 
    All do respect, you’re right...let’s let the same 4 F2P clowns dictate the dialogue for the game.  Boxes are rigged, woh sucks, video chops out at 4-10-5–10, weekend boxes suck... let’s do that!
    whynot said:
    Thank you for the insight.  Makes me grateful I’m not a whale, nor somebody who takes pride in how much they spend on a stupid phone game.

I hear some of them are even arrogant enough to try and talk down to others, who were smart enough to stop throwing money down the toilet. (aka mere moral VIP fools)
    For someone who negates the idea of how much someone spends on a phone game, you should take a step back and realize how much effort you put into said phone games’ chat forum. Seriously dude. You dropped over 900$ into this game at some point. If you don’t like it, quit
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    DFBB said:
    All do respect, you’re right...let’s let the same 4 F2P clowns dictate the dialogue for the game.  Boxes are rigged, woh sucks, video chops out at 4-10-5–10, weekend boxes suck... let’s do that!
    Or we could just have a civil dialogue and not mount personal attacks full of vulgarity just because we don’t agree with someone, in other words, we could act like adults instead of 7th graders.

Here I will go first;

I believe the boxes are rigged, but not because you don’t pull anyone, the odds are posted and they are crap so don’t be surprised.  I believe the boxes are rigged because of the repetitive  pulls of the same guy.  Whether it be the same prime, only pulled on pity timer, or the same POTW 6x in a row (especially when it’s a pitcher).  I believe this is by design, not coincidental.  

For this reason I choose not to purchase boxes and promote my views on the forum, not in hope that glu will change, but to share my experience with newer players in hopes of saving them money and aggravation.  I can’t understand why this offends anyone, besides glu, but if it does I suggest they utilize the ignore button so they don’t see my post anymore.

Regards,

Wash (in case anyone wants to open a civil dialogue in game)

I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    whynot said:
    Bearmeat said:
    DFBB said:
    Or we could just have a civil dialogue and not mount personal attacks full of vulgarity just because we don’t agree with someone, in other words, we could act like adults instead of 7th graders.

Here I will go first;

I believe the boxes are rigged, but not because you don’t pull anyone, the odds are posted and they are crap so don’t be surprised.  I believe the boxes are rigged because of the repetitive  pulls of the same guy.  Whether it be the same prime, only pulled on pity timer, or the same POTW 6x in a row (especially when it’s a pitcher).  I believe this is by design, not coincidental.  

For this reason I choose not to purchase boxes and promote my views on the forum, not in hope that glu will change, but to share my experience with newer players in hopes of saving them money and aggravation.  I can’t understand why this offends anyone, besides glu, but if it does I suggest they utilize the ignore button so they don’t see my post anymore.

Regards,

1)Boxes are rigged? I legit have no idea, but really, I give it very little thought. It's fun to open boxes. I know the odds are always against me and when I decide to chase, I know that it won't always work out. Thing is, when I come up empty(a lot), I'm never mad at anyone, but myself. Or I'm simply disappointed. In either event, it's difficult to empathize with the anger at Glu when 1)you know the risks and 2)you did it anyways. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited October 2020
    DFBB said:
    it's difficult to empathize with the anger at Glu when 1)you know the risks and 2)you did it anyways. 

I believe this is what @Bearmeat is getting at, just in different words 🤭 I think he’s just tired of the exact same complaint being repeated hundreds of times. Kind of like that guy @drsmartassphd explaining 38 times how he spent 300k gold for 2 legends in 16 different threads 😂 but it is what it is on both sides. There will be complainers, and there will be people complaining about complainers. Most will do both at some point. 

Edit: tl;dr if you know the stove is going to burn your hand, and you touch it anyways, it’s not the stoves fault..
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts

Don't forget the most important one and why GLU has decided to really destroy this game this year and take advantage of us. At least this is what got me...

WORK FROM HOME: TSB

Makes sense. This is my first year playing and being able to play 250 adverts a day whilst ‘working’ has made the game easy to play. Now that I’m back on site and it’ll cost more money to maintain levels, I may feel somewhat different in future. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

@bearmeat: you have a valid point. My shtick here is to complain. I go too far. I agree. With that, I quit touching the stove and have made that clear. I don't blame GLU for their unethical practices either. I've stated here many times that I am part of that problem as I continued to farm, pay, and play. I won't be doing that any longer to the extent I was before.

There is always a part of me that hopes the game changes, but at this point I have accepted what it was. I know I'm there. I've gone through the 7 phases of denial on this board. Problem was I went back and forth to bargaining many times.  That part is done.  I know I'm there now as my screen time is down 90% or more on days that do not have events I enjoy.  Unless there is something that I can get some free gold in, I'm not doing it.

Part of it too is to just get a dialogue going so you know you aren't alone in the way you feel about things or with your experiences.  Yeah, I too think boxes are rigged for the same reasons listed above: Pulling the same crappy Prime guy over and over and over....sorry, that's obvious. But like @DFBB said: I LOVE opening boxes.  Well, at least I did.

I'll cut down on the whining now that I'm not as involved. Yeah, I'll post some crap here and there like I did earlier with the new "Weekday Purchase Obligation" bc my hope is that others don't fall into the trap. If the whales start going after these too, the situation will only get worse.

I believe EVERYONE who plays this game has the right to voice their opinion. If you are playing, you are a customer. Period. GLU is screwing ALL of us OFTEN with bait and switches, FP that don't work, etc. IMO, a company that can't get that stuff right shouldn't be rewarded, but here we are.

/rant

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Are the boxes rigged? Idk, maybe. Nobody is going to prove it one way or another so it doesn't really matter. If they'd just increase the odds to something reasonable, people would stop bitching about them being "rigged", or whatever, and we could go back to opening boxes being an enjoyable experience that isn't disappointing 95 percent of the time. If I get my guy I wanted, but had to open 346 boxes to do it, guess what? I'm still not happy.

Oh, and also:

^^^ WOH when 19 came out. They could fix this too, but like box odds, I think it will be a cold day in hell unfortunately. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:
    whynot said:
    Bearmeat said:
    DFBB said:

Here I will go first;

Regards,

1)Boxes are rigged? I legit have no idea, but really, I give it very little thought. It's fun to open boxes. I know the odds are always against me and when I decide to chase, I know that it won't always work out. Thing is, when I come up empty(a lot), I'm never mad at anyone, but myself. Or I'm simply disappointed. In either event, it's difficult to empathize with the anger at Glu when 1)you know the risks and 2)you did it anyways. 

Exactly why I don't spend real money on this game as a matter of fact I don't spend any if my stockpile of gold on boxes either. I know the risk and the rewards aren't worth the risk to me. I personally think the game shouldn't be where it is, especially how successful it was two to three years ago as far as gameplay and not ripping people off as much, it should be better. That's why I feel so passionate about this game because I actually like this game, this game could be so much better but what's disheartening is the greed that's has gotten worse and worse. It's not going to change, I've come to accept it. I just gotta keep adapting as a F2P player.
    @bearmeat the one thing you forget in your vulgar rants about people complaining is you spenders aren't the only ones playing. If you consider draining your bank account every week as fun who am I to question that. There are many people playing for many different reasons and have different ideas of fun but the one constant thing that draws people is what this game could really be. As for me who has played this game for over 5 years that's what infuriates me what this game could have actually been but because of greed it is what we have. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Its been proven, on more then one occasion how they totally messed up boxes. Remember the Foil Marte? He was never inside the box, and they at-least had the balls to admit it. So many ppl spent hundreds of thousands of gold and money and couldn't pull him. I doubt this is the first time this happened this year, this time they got caught and had to admit it. The poor programming and coding in this game is beyond measure, I dont understand how a company like this doesn't perform QA testing more thoroughly. Even when it comes it simple things, like when they sell the 20$ pop up for boxes. Half the time its the wrong dam skills on the players, yet no one notices this? It just makes them look stupid.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    @bearmeat the one thing you forget in your vulgar rants about people complaining is you spenders aren't the only ones playing. If you consider draining your bank account every week as fun who am I to question that. There are many people playing for many different reasons and have different ideas of fun but the one constant thing that draws people is what this game could really be. As for me who has played this game for over 5 years that's what infuriates me what this game could have actually been but because of greed it is what we have. 
    He isn’t talking about fun, he’s talking about people making the argument that, from a business perspective, glu should be listening to the guys that don’t spend money. How many videos needs to be watched to match a weekend of gluminati spending? Sparta spending? The spending of everyone on a gauntlet leaderboard? Why should glu listen to Docs rant about the $100 kershaw special when plenty of people are going to buy that $100 special instead of rant about it? They keep earning more and more money despite what the common feelings towards the game are around here. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

@bearmeat: you have a valid point. My shtick here is to complain. I go too far. I agree. With that, I quit touching the stove and have made that clear. I don't blame GLU for their unethical practices either. I've stated here many times that I am part of that problem as I continued to farm, pay, and play. I won't be doing that any longer to the extent I was before.

There is always a part of me that hopes the game changes, but at this point I have accepted what it was. I know I'm there. I've gone through the 7 phases of denial on this board. Problem was I went back and forth to bargaining many times.  That part is done.  I know I'm there now as my screen time is down 90% or more on days that do not have events I enjoy.  Unless there is something that I can get some free gold in, I'm not doing it.

Part of it too is to just get a dialogue going so you know you aren't alone in the way you feel about things or with your experiences.  Yeah, I too think boxes are rigged for the same reasons listed above: Pulling the same crappy Prime guy over and over and over....sorry, that's obvious. But like @DFBB said: I LOVE opening boxes.  Well, at least I did.

I'll cut down on the whining now that I'm not as involved. Yeah, I'll post some crap here and there like I did earlier with the new "Weekday Purchase Obligation" bc my hope is that others don't fall into the trap. If the whales start going after these too, the situation will only get worse.

I believe EVERYONE who plays this game has the right to voice their opinion. If you are playing, you are a customer. Period. GLU is screwing ALL of us OFTEN with bait and switches, FP that don't work, etc. IMO, a company that can't get that stuff right shouldn't be rewarded, but here we are.

/rant

Well said! Especially that last paragraph!
    He isn’t talking about fun, he’s talking about people making the argument that, from a business perspective, glu should be listening to the guys that don’t spend money. How many videos needs to be watched to match a weekend of gluminati spending? Sparta spending? The spending of everyone on a gauntlet leaderboard? Why should glu listen to Docs rant about the $100 kershaw special when plenty of people are going to buy that $100 special instead of rant about it? They keep earning more and more money despite what the common feelings towards the game are around here. 
    You're right kind of got off track a little bit😳

But as I have stated before in a previous post I have spent a lot of time on this game for the last five years. This game could be amazing if it weren't for the greed and laziness of their dev team and they actually had a Q&A team that actually worked. I know what this came could be you know what this game could be anybody who has spent any measurable time knows what this game could be. I'm just venting not because I hate this game because if I hated it I wouldn't play it. I vent because I really love the model of this game. There is no other mobile baseball game like it out there and it's extremely frustrating because it could be something really special. So yes I have a right to vent/complain. There is always next year.... Although I'm not holding my breath😂

But as I have stated before in a previous post I have spent a lot of time on this game for the last five years. This game could be amazing if it weren't for the greed and laziness of their dev team and they actually had a Q&A team that actually worked. I know what this came could be you know what this game could be anybody who has spent any measurable time knows what this game could be. I'm just venting not because I hate this game because if I hated it I wouldn't play it. I vent because I really love the model of this game. There is no other mobile baseball game like it out there and it's extremely frustrating because it could be something really special. So yes I have a right to vent/complain. There is always next year.... Although I'm not holding my breath😂
    Totally with you. I just don’t think a fun game is their number one priority, unfortunately. It would be great if “let’s make this game as great as we can” was their direction, but they’ve found a separate business model that has been working *for them* and that’s their bottom line. Disgruntled players are still players. Seems like their arrow keeps going up, so if looking through their eyes it sure would be hard to see any problems. 

Totally with you. I just don’t think a fun game is their number one priority, unfortunately. It would be great if “let’s make this game as great as we can” was their direction, but they’ve found a separate business model that has been working *for them* and that’s their bottom line. Disgruntled players are still players. Seems like their arrow keeps going up, so if looking through their eyes it sure would be hard to see any problems. 
    It's unfortunate, I agree with you. Will I stop playing no, every year I have to adapt as a F2P player in order to find that level of fun for me. I have finally found it with this year's version about a month or so go. Next year will be no different. It's actually a challenge. Not knocking those who spend money but there is a whole new level of strategy involved being F2P and trying to build a 100,000+ strength team and being successful at WoH, CvC and EB and in itself I find that fun too. Just need to know where to pick your battles and where to spend your gold.
    edited October 2020
    Seems like their arrow keeps going up, so if looking through their eyes it sure would be hard to see any problems. 

They have not beat earnings estimates since Q4 2019 and stock price has plummeted 20% in last 3M despite revenue increases. They lost 5 cents per share last quarter and lost 6 cents per share the previous quarter. I'm not sure where all of the overhead is-- does the MLB/PA licensing really cost that much? There is overhead with CS outsourcing, but nevermind that, when you have the revenue and enrollments that they report I am unsure how those losses are possible. 

They do have a lot of other apps in the portfolio so the overall success of the company isn't really a great barometer for how TSB performs, but it is supposedly their flagship game.

Boggles the mind.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited October 2020
    @retirepujols I wouldn't be so quick to say that they are earning more and more and their arrow keeps going up, Glu's stock is down over 20% since the summer boom (which was a result of increased spending from the COVID situation), and it is basically right back to where it was before the pandemic (about $7/share). 
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    If you don't believe there is another element to the box odds, just go on global and check out the featured players of new teams... 
    Wonder if I could change my team name to riggedboxes 🤔🤔😎
    - Blueleopard
    If you don't believe there is another element to the box odds, just go on global and check out the featured players of new teams... 

This is a huge part of what ultimately got me to quit spending so much time on it. I decided not to go into that rant at all. Couple that with the fact that there are two or three clubs where it is clear those guys will ALWAYS have the top players within 10 minutes of an event starting and well...

Then I sit there, drop 100K gold, and get the same guy over 30 times, sometimes 4-5 times in a row. That's not an accident folks.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

This is a huge part of what ultimately got me to quit spending so much time on it. I decided not to go into that rant at all. Couple that with the fact that there are two or three clubs where it is clear those guys will ALWAYS have the top players within 10 minutes of an event starting and well...

Then I sit there, drop 100K gold, and get the same guy over 30 times, sometimes 4-5 times in a row. That's not an accident folks.

Preach baby preach!
    - Blueleopard
    Nope. Done now! Said enough about it.

^ that’s what I was looking at, but I’ll immediately let you know I am *not* prepared to argue or discuss their financial reports because I do *not* know wtf I’m talking about there lol. I see they’re up 1.2 per on the year, this garbage year with 1/3 of the country on unemployment 🥴 in any case, my point was they don’t seem to be burning to the ground and falling completely apart because a bunch of dudes think the woh reward sucks or the specials are trash. When TSB is dragging them down, I’m sure they’d drop it like they did the WWE and focus on making a Kardashian sequel or some other nonsense game. 
    edited October 2020
    Yeah me either. You can slice it a lot of different ways, I'm sure. I was looking at this:

Seems conflicting, but meh, depends on what sources are being used to aggregate an earnings estimate. And, like you said WOH sucking and box odds aren't the reason. Or that would have been corrected by now. Hence the "cold day in hell" comment.
    @whynot and @Toughthundercats, I apologize for my brash commentary last night. I get extremely agitated in the cold weather.  There was also no sports to watch on TV on top of that. And to make matters worse, I haven’t had a decent sandwich in 2 Fort Nights
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts

It's unfortunate, I agree with you. Will I stop playing no, every year I have to adapt as a F2P player in order to find that level of fun for me. I have finally found it with this year's version about a month or so go. Next year will be no different. It's actually a challenge. Not knocking those who spend money but there is a whole new level of strategy involved being F2P and trying to build a 100,000+ strength team and being successful at WoH, CvC and EB and in itself I find that fun too. Just need to know where to pick your battles and where to spend your gold.
    This is the challenge for those of us who don’t spend. You have to find what works for you and stick to it. It takes longer when you don’t spend. That’s one of the biggest reasons people pay. They want the immediate gratification of the latest player. But if you can find what works for you, the game is so much more enjoyable than chasing the latest hotness, which too often turns into a hot mess.
    Bearmeat said:
    I haven’t had a decent sandwich in 2 Fort Nights
    For shame, sir.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts

Poo holes you are exactly right. While we have plenty of VIPs and spenders on this forum I highly doubt that we have any whales on here. The whales are the guys that are lining Glus pockets more so than the guppies. When they see a 99.99 Kershaw box they shut their mouth, open their wallet and buy it. It does seem like you get better box odds when you spend real money and I get why. They want to keep the cash flowing. The only way that they will change their rationale is if people stop spending.