Atg time: DiMaggio?

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    DFBB said:
    You need to hit the counter and then, a 50% chance at that box. Then either a .2% or .5% chance at DiMaggio depending on which type of boxes you bought. Gl!
    Holy shit... they’ve lost their minds. Absolutely no way in hell am I chasing that rigged bs! I mean damn just put him in the store.. as if .5 and .2 odds don’t make it difficult enough to obtain him they gotta come up with this bs. Really sad.. pathetic 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    He'll probably be in other boxes next week.  I bet all this tomfoolery is because this is the ATG launch.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    edited October 2020
    I distinctly remember the same box last year for Halloween, earned the same way. I do not remember who was in said box but I remember the mindset of "hope I don't pull a player for 12/15 boxes then hope to hit the box AND the player inside said box."

**edit** and that was with odds for pulling players better than this year has offered.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    He'll probably be in other boxes next week.  I bet all this tomfoolery is because this is the ATG launch.
    yup, be patient and it always gets easier
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Obligatory: Sorry everyone is poor.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:
    You need to hit the counter and then, a 50% chance at that box. Then either a .2% or .5% chance at DiMaggio depending on which type of boxes you bought. Gl!
    Holy shit... they’ve lost their minds. Absolutely no way in hell am I chasing that rigged bs! I mean damn just put him in the store.. as if .5 and .2 odds don’t make it difficult enough to obtain him they gotta come up with this bs. Really sad.. pathetic 
    Rough numbers, but to give yourself a 50% chance, expected cost is in excess of 5 million gold. Hmmm. Thinking the vip elite would be good value there! /S
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    I distinctly remember the same box last year for Halloween, earned the same way. I do not remember who was in said box but I remember the mindset of "hope I don't pull a player for 12/15 boxes then hope to hit the box AND the player inside said box."

**edit** and that was with odds for pulling players better than this year has offered.

Get ready for the pity timer to never get hit and since it's all "odds", we'll never know the difference.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    This isn't even close to tempting.  I get making them hard to obtain, but you would think they want to at least motivate us to spend....
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Correct. Same bs they pulled last year with a few different players. Disappointing 
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    Rough numbers, but to give yourself a 50% chance, expected cost is in excess of 5 million gold. Hmmm. Thinking the vip elite would be good value there! /S
    Good news! Spotted an error while calculating. It’s actually under 5 mill(4.9) for a 50% chance! 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Glu team brainstorming caught on video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywL-NhLQUP4
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    Wonder which special club already has several members with him completely leveled at D10. I don't even want to bother to look.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Hmmm to buy a Tesla or chase Joe DiMaggio this weekend 🤔 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    Hmmm to buy a Tesla or chase Joe DiMaggio this weekend 🤔 
    Well we know how fast cars depreciate in value and get outdated once a new model comes out every year so........ Yeah it's a tossup!!!
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    Good news! Spotted an error while calculating. It’s actually under 5 mill(4.9) for a 50% chance! 
    Thanks for always being so positive. 
    2003cobra said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    Thanks for always being so positive. 
    This whole thing is just LoL to me. Last post on the math. Clearly, I’m delirious. The numbers I posted earlier assumed that every box would be a treat box. In reality, each box is either a ‘trick’ or ‘treat’ box...which means DiMaggio is twice as tough as the numbers I posted earlier. 

Tl;dr: odds are not favorable. /s
    So don’t sell my house yet? 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Willing to trade my 17-20 teams for a corner in your basement if you don't end up selling it. How's your wifi?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    saw this - 
    My take on Dimaggio is that I'm guessing he will be much easier to pull down the road. This weekend, I wouldn't sweat it at all. The numbers posted above should tell you that while it's very unlikely(understatement) you get him, it's also extremely unlikely that he'll be in your bracket. To that end, it's a wash. In other words, I'm still looking forward to the first atg of '20!

In the meantime, there are two new bonus players in the specials for just $150! If you need ANOTHER 3B, Molitor is there for you!

Then there's Andrew Stevenson. His only redeeming quality is that he's another LSU Tiger.

Houmy said:
    2003cobra said:
    Willing to trade my 17-20 teams for a corner in your basement if you don't end up selling it. How's your wifi?
    You can keep the teams and still have a spot in the house. No basement so I hope a spare bedroom works. The WiFi is working great 
    I’ll just leave this here: 

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    So it costs gold to level them?
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Gold at diamond, but reg lxp cost.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Any idea on the guestimate? d1 to d10?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2020
    dkarski87 said:
    Any idea on the guestimate? d1 to d10?

1.4k in the screenshot to go to d6

So idk maybe something like

d1 750
    d2 900
    d3 1000
    d4 1100
    d5 1200
    d6 1400
    d7 1600
    d8 2000
    d9 2400
    d10 3000

We can only hope? Because that wouldn't be terrible.

I also saw a screenshot of him at plat 10 and it costs 150 lxp instead of evo to go to d1.

DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Gold at diamond, but reg lxp cost.
    Info isn't entirely clear, but based on the screenshot, it's not regular lxp cost. I believe the owner of that Dimaggio has all 3 FPs(70% total). Normally, its 65k from d5 to d6. His s/s shows a cost of 41.1k, which would make the normal cost w/o any discount at 137k lxp. That would be a multiplier of 2.107, which isn't something Glu would do(imo); they'd use a simple multiplier(like 3x, 1.5x, etc.).
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    wait to many numbers dude, break it down for me. In dumb ass terms.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Maybe the person has only the 2 less expensive FPs?  I don’t feel like doing math, but 60% discount might make the numbers work?