Club bracket changed -an hour before end of event!

DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
Our club was ranked 2nd in a minors bracket for the weekend event. An hour before the event ended, we were moved to a majors bracket -inexplicably. My assumption is the app saw that we were sitting at 10 top tens and needed to move us to majors- something it usually does AFTER an event is over. But this time it did it right before the event ended and we lost significant rewards. I suspect it did this because the clock was messed up due to daylight savings time. 

Based on the comments on global tonight, this impacted other teams as well. That said, it's an egregious error that needs to be rectified. Players lost their position for MVP as well. 

Comments

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited November 2020
    Another fantastic Glu feature!!!
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Sorry you got screwed. I, for one, hope this keeps happening to the whales so maybe they will quit spending. These weekday bonus players at $100 a pop now are getting out of hand.

I can promise you that the teams that are buds with the developers won't get screwed. So you all can rest easy knowing that.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Our club was ranked 2nd in a minors bracket for the weekend event. An hour before the event ended, we were moved to a majors bracket -inexplicably. My assumption is the app saw that we were sitting at 10 top tens and needed to move us to majors- something it usually does AFTER an event is over. But this time it did it right before the event ended and we lost significant rewards. I suspect it did this because the clock was messed up due to daylight savings time. 

Based on the comments on global tonight, this impacted other teams as well. That said, it's an egregious error that needs to be rectified. Players lost their position for MVP as well. 
    Sounds like a time change issue to me. Stinks though. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited November 2020
    that is absolutely fu.cking absurd
  • DETROITCITYCLUBDETROITCITYCLUB Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Still no response from Glu. In response to multiple tickets, they have asked a couple of our members for screenshots of our scores before the problem...Because, you know, we sit around taking screenshots waiting for something bad to happen....

Very frustrating and needs to be fixed. 
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    edited November 2020
    That's about the easiest thing in the world to make right, so I'm sure they'll ignore it.

I'm not really all that amazed by or interested in the incompetence - incompetence is everywhere and is mostly easy to understand.  But I continue to be fascinated by the fact that they won't do the easy things. 

When a remedy costs almost nothing (either in time or in dollars), it's beyond my comprehension how a company chooses not to take the opportunity to do the right thing.  It's so simple - give this club their rightful prizes, put the underlying issue on a list, and move on.

A nickel's worth of free advice for glu: taking care of the easy stuff generates a ton of goodwill.  Nobody expects perfection, but refusing to make someone whole when it's incredibly easy is about the dumbest thing you can do. When you push back or play dumb on the obvious, easy, or small stuff, you lose the cooperation of your customers when it really matters later on.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    RodFarva said:

A nickel's worth of free advice for glu: taking care of the easy stuff generates a ton of goodwill.  Nobody expects perfection, but refusing to make someone whole when it's incredibly easy is about the dumbest thing you can do. When you push back or play dumb on the obvious, easy, or small stuff, you lose the cooperation of your customers when it really matters later on.

Regardless your thoughts on individual changes made in 20, it is undeniable that the hostility level between GLU and their users is at an all time high.  

THIS is exactly why.  GLU devs whine incessantly about people trying to cheat and glitch.  This is a perfect answer to why that happens so often this year.  GLU has continually **** over their players, sometimes totally by accident, and instead of owning up to the mistakes, and taking care of it, simply tells you to get bent.
    Glu tracks the scores. It's not on the players to be screenshotting all the time hoping their app doesn't mess up. We shouldn't have to prove it. All of us sent tickets and other clubs were complaining about it on global. It wouldn't be hard to make it right- tell us you're going to give us the difference between what we earned and what we were supposed to earn and do something to make up for all the hassle. Starting with refunding gold spent would be a good gesture. But our players are upset about it and it's not creating any goodwill by going radio silent for 12 hours. We had people lose MVP rewards as well on top of the regular rewards.

This appears to have affected minors clubs that were at 10 wins. My thinking is the system thought it was still midnight at 11pm, so it gave us our 11th "win" and moved us to a new majors bracket. That's the only way I can rationalize what happened. But moving clubs during an event is insanity. Glu needs to make it right. 
    By way of update, the #1 club in our minors bracket (we were #2) says we are still showing as 2nd, even though we disappeared to majors. Sounds like a pretty big malfunction....
    STILL no resolution from GLU- 2 days later. 

THIS is customer service?
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Is this your first year playing?

No worries. The slow down is due to Covid and their inability to use Skype, Zoom, or MSFT Teams to communicate.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts

Sorry but there will never be a resolution or even acknowledgement, it’s how glu operates.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    This is clearly your club gaming the system and now yall got burned because someone was able to collect an hour before it ended because they had app open. Whomever collected got rewards twice but also fuked your club mates over because it pushed your win total to 11 and that's why yall got bumped to Major bracket. Quit crying and accept the outcome. You only going mess it up for everyone else if you keep going with your complaint. 
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    It’s comments like the previous one from @Reeces, that help me see I still don’t know about most of the things clubs/teams do on this game 😂
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Reeces said:
    This is clearly your club gaming the system and now yall got burned because someone was able to collect an hour before it ended because they had app open. Whomever collected got rewards twice but also fuked your club mates over because it pushed your win total to 11 and that's why yall got bumped to Major bracket. Quit crying and accept the outcome. You only going mess it up for everyone else if you keep going with your complaint. 

Since you brought it up, someone didn't restart their app. The timer ended. The event then allowed those that didn't restart(to show the new timer) to collect. They did and now, that same club is in majors. It is what it is. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    This happened to us when majors/minors first got released. Our holder team that was the only team eligible for awards, collected after the next event started and we completed changed brackets mid event. We went from 1st in minors to 0 points in a new major bracket. I’d double check and make sure that wasn’t the case. 
    We sent GLU screen shots and 3 days later they say they are "still researching it". 
    Probably the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Our entire club has gotten the runaround. 
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    I’m guessing you forgot how to read form the previous comments 🤷🏽‍♂️