Royale WoH for 11-4-20: woh closer

2Next

Comments

• DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    when is the last time that they I had a legend 2b as a woh reward? Or catcher or 1b?
    Been needed 1B forever seems they put them only in boxes . Think C next position they hardly put in WoH probably a reason to help drive box sales 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    DirectFX said:
    2003cobra said:
    when is the last time that they I had a legend 2b as a woh reward? Or catcher or 1b?
    Been needed 1B forever seems they put them only in boxes . Think C next position they hardly put in WoH probably a reason to help drive box sales 

Everything they do in this game is geared to making the whales spend more and more. I'll log in again Friday for the VIP Rewards where I will get free boxes of XP and other items that I won't use bc I won't spend gold on rigged boxes any longer, and CvC only yields me a legend one out of every 30 wins. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Bearmeat said:
    I’ve been at this game since early 18 and Royale was NEVER about WOH. 
    By that reasoning...the '20 model is also not about Prime games, Slugfest, or Tournaments. So what should be a 5 event variety is relegated to 1 if you care about club placement. As a solo majors club, I don't, so I hope for better WOH rewards & a chance to accumulate resources. Without that, my interest is minimal 
    My point was just that woh in Royale was never about accruing resources. The main gravy was always BGs. I believe that’s by design. BGs, especially with the introduction of Bonus Sets, are their bread and butter. Monday Hof is a different story altogether. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Royale was kinda geared towards woh. Maybe not the highest multiplier but it was another day for a diamond player to cycle cap a player and gain a lot of resources. 
    2003cobra said:
    Royale was kinda geared towards woh. Maybe not the highest multiplier but it was another day for a diamond player to cycle cap a player and gain a lot of resources. 
    When did that ever happen?  They only updated the repull values on prime players this year. 19’ was never worth it all
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    2003cobra said:
    When did that ever happen?  They only updated the repull values on prime players this year. 19’ was never worth it all
    The weekend I got Ted last year, during a Royale weekend, I made almost 2mill lxp just from WoH.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    How many cycles was that? 100? lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    DFBB said:
    Bearmeat said:
    2003cobra said:
    The weekend I got Ted last year, during a Royale weekend, I made almost 2mill lxp just from WoH.
    Most (99.9% of players didn’t have the original lxp to get their player to get to g10, then the additional time) to power cycle for 72 hours 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited November 2020
    I don't think that's true. It went from 5k to 10k lxp in September or so plus the player repull value every cycle. So P10 at 30% discount with fp was/is 192k lxp, 10 cycles to cap would get you about 20k lxp for a 560 by D10 (just checked trade-in value). I don't remember specifics but the cycle cap got you close to net zero I think. On the weekend you were banking lxp after the cap which most of us were getting by the next morning to afternoon on Saturday leaving the next 36 hours to go to town.
    edited November 2020
    This is the weekend. 7 levels and babe was at 7.10. (11-29-19)

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    That was Babe before he got traded from Boston to New York
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited November 2020
    I need to clarify, Weekend Royale and Weekday Royale were two totally different things and @Bearmeat is right, Weekday was not about WoH and was the harder of the two WoH days consistently from mid-summer on. It was bg's all day for that event though the multi I think rotated more than it does now. Today was different but heavily favored bg still. There's a reason for that though and the number of diamond teams out there should be all you need  to know.
    I remember that weekend very well bc I couldn’t get Baylor and I was so salty. Would get to 7-6 then got curved out. Think I went gold shortly after that then they put Royale at down 10. Lol

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I remember that weekend very well bc I couldn’t get Baylor and I was so salty. Would get to 7-6 then got curved out. Think I went gold shortly after that then they put Royale at down 10. Lol
    Since we're still on memory lane, bring back the blizz tower!!!
    dont we already have it?  just a diff name for it?
    – The Great Houmy
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2020
    18 royale woh

A box with ATG chance, a few legends and few nice prime players. Then 4 premium xp boxes which were a 50/50 chance at either 7500pxp or 5000lxp. Plus the 3000lxp and 2000pxp in level 3 and 4. Average of 18000pxp and 12000lxp every cycle plus chance at ATG or repulls from legend/prime players. 

They'll never offer something like this again, but man... I didnt even think about touching bonus games on Wednesdays back then. 
    edited November 2020
    I need to clarify, Weekend Royale and Weekday Royale were two totally different things and @Bearmeat is right, Weekday was not about WoH and was the harder of the two WoH days consistently from mid-summer on. It was bg's all day for that event though the multi I think rotated more than it does now. Today was different but heavily favored bg still. There's a reason for that though and the number of diamond teams out there should be all you need  to know.
    Yes, I should’ve clarified that I meant the weekday Royal. I think a lot of people forget how non relevant the weekday royal woh event was. It had always been BGs. With that said, we’re still hearing constant whining about the legend woh prize. These complaints are coming from silver and gold players. I mean, really, what more do you want?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    With that said, we’re still hearing constant whining about the legend woh prize. These complaints are coming from silver and gold players. I mean, really, what more do you want?
    I disagree. I see more diamond guys complaining about the WOH reward. Silver and gold guys can cycle three times for the reward and be done, just level the guy without batting an eye. Most diamond guys want to make sure each legend they level is pretty enough for the long haul - which is not typically the woh reward. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Bearmeat said:
    With that said, we’re still hearing constant whining about the legend woh prize. These complaints are coming from silver and gold players. I mean, really, what more do you want?
    I disagree. I see more diamond guys complaining about the WOH reward. Silver and gold guys can cycle three times for the reward and be done, just level the guy without batting an eye. Most diamond guys want to make sure each legend they level is pretty enough for the long haul - which is not typically the woh reward. 
    Homeboy, these complaints on this forum aren’t coming from diamond players. It’s silver and gold teams that spent in previous years, but not this year. As you know, I’m diamond. And yes I buy FP 95% of the time. The woh hero prize is just not worth it for us. We’re looking for BO, HH, or ROB.  Moral of the story, if you’re gold or below- be happy with the state of woh
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I think Joe Morgan may have been. He’s 480 max and rarely gets a bat in WOH now. I’ve been hoping for a 1B for weeks. Having to use Pujols (460 max)
    Bearmeat said:
    Bearmeat said:
    Homeboy, these complaints on this forum aren’t coming from diamond players. It’s silver and gold teams that spent in previous years, but not this year. As you know, I’m diamond. And yes I buy FP 95% of the time. The woh hero prize is just not worth it for us. We’re looking for BO, HH, or ROB.  Moral of the story, if you’re gold or below- be happy with the state of woh
    Well, that’s because of Doc. Remove him and the silver/gold complaints about walk off hero drop off significantly. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

LOL. Doc has pretty much leveled off every WoH guy this year bc Doc can't pull Legends out of boxes for less than 60-80K gold. What Doc whines about is the inability to cycle cap said legend. Doc has stated it would be cool to have Monday go back to the way it used to be, and keep weekend Royale the way it is now (15/25 cycles for extra LXP considering it is easier).

Don't make Doc speak in first person again.

Doc needs to stop playing and cut his losses. MLB THE SHOW is much better and cheaper.
    – The Great Houmy
    No worries my friend! I am only logging in once or twice a day. Quit farming gold and haven't made any purchases in over two weeks. I'm pretty much there. After what I already spent, I am going to keep team building via WoH and free VIP stuff (if I get lucky). Other than that, I enjoy playing on the forum, so I'll still be here acting like the fricktard I am.

LOL. Doc has pretty much leveled off every WoH guy this year bc Doc can't pull Legends out of boxes for less than 60-80K gold. What Doc whines about is the inability to cycle cap said legend. Doc has stated it would be cool to have Monday go back to the way it used to be, and keep weekend Royale the way it is now (15/25 cycles for extra LXP considering it is easier).

Yep! While complaining about them 😀 “I’m done, not cycling today. Good luck, gents!”... 10 mins later... “just got fricked again, just wanted to make sure! So glad I’m not spending anymore!”..... 7 minutes later... “well, I finally got through, but not doing it again. Just wanted to beat it at least once! Have a good day everyone!” 😀

Yep, WoH will always be my weakness. I can admit it. That's what drew me to the game. I'll always bounce between bargaining and acceptance with that event, no doubt.

The big thing, however, is not farming and spending. That was the hardest part. The rest will take care of itself now.

Sounds like you’ll pull DiMaggio from cvc today to test your faith 😂
    Sounds like you’ll pull DiMaggio from cvc today to test your faith 😂
    I doubt it. My CvC luck has been garbage. Don't care, really. My gold stash, despite not farming or spending, is over 26k.

• 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited November 2020
    YardGoats said:
    I’m starting to wonder what player they could make they will make people excited on here!! I’m happy to upgrade my RHB woh closer for free!

Oh I will acquire him for sure, but I can't get excited about WoH again until there is an ability to cycle cap a player again. I don't have time to cycle 15 times in a day, but GLU knows the majority of us can't and won't. That's gone away and will never come back as GLU wants everyone buying LXP. Heck, they won't even put blue LXP boxes in the store any more. It is clear as day what they are doing.
    Fixed it for you @drsmartassphd thats better.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts

Speaking in first person is actually preferred...unless you're Ricky Henderson