TSB20: We Lost A Lot Of Good Men Out There

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    @whynot and @Toughthundercats, I apologize for my brash commentary last night. I get extremely agitated in the cold weather.  There was also no sports to watch on TV on top of that. And to make matters worse, I haven’t had a decent sandwich in 2 Fort Nights
    All is forgiven bro! No hard feelings here. That's the point I was trying to make is that no matter if you're a big spender, medium spender, spend a little or F2P, Glu has got to realize they have an extremely passionate customer base towards this game and all they are doing is pissing it away, instead of capitalizing on it. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    2003cobra said:

He isn’t talking about fun, he’s talking about people making the argument that, from a business perspective, glu should be listening to the guys that don’t spend money. How many videos needs to be watched to match a weekend of gluminati spending? Sparta spending? The spending of everyone on a gauntlet leaderboard? Why should glu listen to Docs rant about the $100 kershaw special when plenty of people are going to buy that $100 special instead of rant about it? They keep earning more and more money despite what the common feelings towards the game are around here. 
    Poo holes you are exactly right. While we have plenty of VIPs and spenders on this forum I highly doubt that we have any whales on here. The whales are the guys that are lining Glus pockets more so than the guppies. When they see a 99.99 Kershaw box they shut their mouth, open their wallet and buy it. It does seem like you get better box odds when you spend real money and I get why. They want to keep the cash flowing. The only way that they will change their rationale is if people stop spending. 
    We might have a whale. Not naming names, but one guy in this thread is a borderline top 10 player in the world. 
    Which is fine!  People can spend their money in whatever way they see fit. I like to think this board has players at all levels of the game. That’s why the conversation is interesting. I enjoy the community more than the game most days. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    2003cobra said:

He isn’t talking about fun, he’s talking about people making the argument that, from a business perspective, glu should be listening to the guys that don’t spend money. How many videos needs to be watched to match a weekend of gluminati spending? Sparta spending? The spending of everyone on a gauntlet leaderboard? Why should glu listen to Docs rant about the $100 kershaw special when plenty of people are going to buy that $100 special instead of rant about it? They keep earning more and more money despite what the common feelings towards the game are around here. 
    Poo holes you are exactly right. While we have plenty of VIPs and spenders on this forum I highly doubt that we have any whales on here. The whales are the guys that are lining Glus pockets more so than the guppies. When they see a 99.99 Kershaw box they shut their mouth, open their wallet and buy it. It does seem like you get better box odds when you spend real money and I get why. They want to keep the cash flowing. The only way that they will change their rationale is if people stop spending. 
    We might have a whale. Not naming names, but one guy in this thread is a borderline top 10 player in the world. 
    Which is fine!  People can spend their money in whatever way they see fit. I like to think this board has players at all levels of the game. That’s why the conversation is interesting. I enjoy the community more than the game most days. 
    We definitely have some big spenders that swing by. However, many just lurk here and there. To sum it up, everyone basically laughs at everyone else. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I just popped in for the first time since, well, I don’t know when. 

Basically I did what I said. I am now teaching and working a part time job with the extra time that I have from quitting this game. I work about 15-20 hours a week at a chick fil a, and will do so until I get an assistant principal spot somewhere. 

Then I also took a page out of the book of @Houmy and have been playing some online poker. I’ve won $100 there without spending any money in my free time, and it helped to fill in the void left from TSB. 

Hope everyone here is doing well and getting all of those unrigged boxes 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I just popped in for the first time since, well, I don’t know when. 

Basically I did what I said. I am now teaching and working a part time job with the extra time that I have from quitting this game. I work about 15-20 hours a week at a chick fil a, and will do so until I get an assistant principal spot somewhere. 

Then I also took a page out of the book of @Houmy and have been playing some online poker. I’ve won $100 there without spending any money in my free time, and it helped to fill in the void left from TSB. 

Hope everyone here is doing well and getting all of those unrigged boxes 
    Good to hear from you buddy and awesome that you have now joined the dark side (online poker) 🖖🖖🖖
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody say rigged boxes?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    whynot said:
    Never gets old...lol
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited November 2020
    Rippers said:
    whynot said:
    Never gets old...lol
    ehhh, as much as I like whynot, it kind of does get old (he is retired right?) - but he more than makes up for it with his other comments.. Like the AA one, that was a good one haha!
    edited November 2020
    Rippers said:
    whynot said:
    Never gets old...lol
    ehhh, as much as I like whynot, it kind of does get old (he is retired right?) - but he more than makes up for it with his other comments.. Like the AA one, that was a good one haha!
    Yes I am old but not yet retired.  Remember how your Grandpa always told the same stories and told the same lame jokes?  Well I’m no different! 🤪🤪

Did you hear about the 2 thief’s that stole a calendar?  They both got 6 months!

- Blueleopard
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Thieves bro, thieves. Being on a GLU message board, you should know this!

Do you carry hard candy in your pocket too?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Well I'm old and retired !!! Makes me chuckle which is about all I can ask for these days...lol
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Why can’t a nose be 12 inches long? Because then it would be a foot 
    Why don’t monsters eat ghosts?
    Because they taste like sheet.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

"A ham sandwich walks into a bar and orders a beer. Bartender says, 'Sorry we don't serve food here.'"
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Millecors said:
    I uninstalled yet again 3 days ago.  Right after landing Boog and cycling WOH 25 times.  Looked at my Google account and saw i have spent $2400 in October.  Didn't even realize it.  Truly a WTF moment.  Gotta try and stay away for good.  Checking on this forum doesn't help, but I genuinely like some of you jerk-offs and the banter.   What I really need is a new game.  I just can't find another baseball game I like.  Tried golf.... boring.  Tried bowling.... boring.  My only other game is Risk.  Where I happen to be a Grandmaster and will crush any of you chumps should you challenge my authority!  😁
    CSR 2 is a pretty cool car racing game, where you acquire various cars and race them, pretty much along the same concept of TSB. While they also are a bunch of thieves, they’re a much classier level of thieves. And when they screw up, communication and compensation is far superior to this bunch. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    Have not farmed or spent in two weeks. Also resisted the $1-2 deals. I usually got those without hesitation 

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    Have not farmed or spent in two weeks. Also resisted the $1-2 deals. I usually got those without hesitation 
    congrats!! don't you feel better now that you aren' giving those thieves anymore of your dollars?
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    I’m seriously confused here. You hate the game so much, knowing it won’t change. Yet, you continue to write on the forum about how you don’t spend your time on the game. That just doesn’t logically make sense. That’s like driving a 2010 Kia and expecting it to run like a 2020 BMW. 
    edited November 2020
    Bearmeat said:
    I’m seriously confused here. You hate the game so much, knowing it won’t change. Yet, you continue to write on the forum about how you don’t spend your time on the game. That just doesn’t logically make sense. That’s like driving a 2010 Kia and expecting it to run like a 2020 BMW. 
    So very true, but he didn’t have a childish meltdown and tell everyone he was done with the forum.  I hear a guy did that but it’s ok, he says all post are awesome from the f2p guys who enlighten the newbies and bring humor to the forum.
    - Blueleopard
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    whynot said:
    Bearmeat said:
    So very true, but he didn’t have a childish meltdown and tell everyone he was done with the forum.  I hear a guy did that but it’s ok, he says all post are awesome from the f2p guys who enlighten the newbies and bring humor to the forum.
    Love the over sarcasm. I was just stating a point though. I’m not some irrelevant f$&k who plays the game. I’m just trying to actually help people rather than provide cynical comments to newcomers. 

As I have stated before: I spent so much this year that I am going to ride it out with VIP rewards and free boxes. I will still do some team building via WoH and CvC (if I log in). My screen time is down 92% now with TSB.

For example, today I will play EB (sim to 100K) for the free gold and resources. May try one or two CvC matches, and will log in later for my free stadium gold. Farmed way too much this year to miss that.

Outside of that, I am not farming or playing. I'll log in Monday to see what WoH has to offer, then likely come here and complain. I have a reputation to uphold, dammit.

Besides, I just can't flat out quit on this forum like this. How selfish would that be?

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts

As I have stated before: I spent so much this year that I am going to ride it out with VIP rewards and free boxes. I will still do some team building via WoH and CvC (if I log in). My screen time is down 92% now with TSB.

For example, today I will play EB (sim to 100K) for the free gold and resources. May try one or two CvC matches, and will log in later for my free stadium gold. Farmed way too much this year to miss that.

Outside of that, I am not farming or playing. I'll log in Monday to see what WoH has to offer, then likely come here and complain. I have a reputation to uphold, dammit.

Besides, I just can't flat out quit on this forum like this. How selfish would that be?

Speaking of EB what is up with that? Some days I can barley get to 100K and other days I finish top 30 without a sweat and could easily get top 10 if I put the time in. Is it just a crapshoot every time?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

that’s how it goes for me but I’m only silver. I had a 3 million round this morning pulse several over 1 million  and not 15k is a struggle 

If the EB event is Target Bash and not traditional CvC, your scores will be off the charts.

This morning was Target Bash. This one now is standard CvC with no multipliers available unless you spend gold.

ok thanks 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Millecors said:
    I uninstalled yet again 3 days ago.  Right after landing Boog and cycling WOH 25 times.  Looked at my Google account and saw i have spent $2400 in October.  Didn't even realize it.  Truly a WTF moment.  Gotta try and stay away for good.  Checking on this forum doesn't help, but I genuinely like some of you jerk-offs and the banter.   What I really need is a new game.  I just can't find another baseball game I like.  Tried golf.... boring.  Tried bowling.... boring.  My only other game is Risk.  Where I happen to be a Grandmaster and will crush any of you chumps should you challenge my authority!  😁
    CSR 2 is a pretty cool car racing game, where you acquire various cars and race them, pretty much along the same concept of TSB. While they also are a bunch of thieves, they’re a much classier level of thieves. And when they screw up, communication and compensation is far superior to this bunch. 
    So CSR2 is more like art thieves not like Glu the stupid bust your window out of your car low life to look for loose change thieves?
    I guess I’m in “time-out” as a message said my comments will appear after approval. 🤷‍♂️
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    I guess I’m in “time-out” as a message said my comments will appear after approval. 🤷‍♂️
    Nah, it’s just a wonky forum. That happens from time to time for seemingly no reason. You can copy and paste the exact same comment after receiving that message and it will go through 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    tshea510 said:
    Millecors said:
    So CSR2 is more like art thieves not like Glu the stupid bust your window out of your car low life to look for loose change thieves?
    Yes, exactly. Some wine & cheese and a nicely written note thanking you for allowing their robbery.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited January 2021
    RIP @jalapenocubbies

Sad to see you go brother, but happy for you as well.