GLU Q3 and new game modes coming?

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
edited November 2020 in General TSB Discussion
For those of you that think GLU continues to make terrible business decisions and is failing as a company, don't read this: https://glumobile.gcs-web.com/static-files/9bb6f31f-d2c2-4d14-8e58-651fcc311ee9 but I found a few interesting things I wanted to bring up and speculate about. 

We should have all expected the "web access" after they've tested it twice this year with a select amount of users. I'm more interested in "new game modes and club events" and "tap sports fishing."

What do you guys think the new game modes and club events could be? If they've already been talked about before, excuse me as I was away from the game for a good 3-4 months. The last addition I remember was target bash, which was AWESOME in the beginning but seems to be just another autoplay for ridiculous amounts of points. Any predictions or hopes from you creative types?

TAP SPORTS FISHING - Who wants to start a club when it's released and complain about rigged boxes with me? Chase that golden rod and pull the crap jig all day with 0.02% odds while not catching that atg bass in fish off hero 😮

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Comments

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I'll totally join you for some TSF!  I won't be the best clubmate since I won't play daily, but I'll put up some points with my bonus... fisherman?  Fishing rods?  Boats?... boat engines?  Lures?... what's in their boxes?!?!?  I'll never buy FP either after the issue I had over here when trying to buy it for the first time, so it could be tough to level up my huge rod & reel past s10.  And I think we would kill it in the Fish Bash events, especially if it's in the fly fishing stadium.  Also I can't wait to pull the guy with the early morning skill and the down three fish skill, or whatever the terrible skillset is.
    Just no.  
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited November 2020
    If you read the details, you will actually see that the Q3-2020 bookings for TSB is 0.3% less than Q3-2019. Basically, TSB has stagnated, which they claim is due to the short season, but we all know it is because of their poor decisions regarding the game. All the growth they have had here is from their bread and butter: fashion, design, kardashians.

edited November 2020
    Furthermore, they go on to say that they expect zero growth for TSB for Q4 and Q1-2021 due to "seasonality"
    Or... just maybe enough people have stopped spending money because of the BS
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Furthermore, they go on to say that they expect zero growth for TSB for Q4 and Q1-2021 due to "seasonality"
    Yep! I believe it was the same last year, numbers went down after the season ended. I was looking more at the money they made, but the 0.3% decrease I suppose could be something to look at. My point was mainly that GLU is doing just fine, and they haven’t driven away half of the spenders from TSB. Even if the spending has stagnated - they’re well into the positive. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    THAT OS AWESOME!!! a loss! keep it up!! we may get mr. rectal cranial inversion syndrone himself replaced!!! 
    it could be tough to level up my huge rod
    Hehehe
    edited November 2020
    Yep! I believe it was the same last year, numbers went down after the season ended. I was looking more at the money they made, but the 0.3% decrease I suppose could be something to look at. My point was mainly that GLU is doing just fine, and they haven’t driven away half of the spenders from TSB. Even if the spending has stagnated - they’re well into the positive. 
    Well I think that most of the people here say Glu has made bad business decisions are referring to TSB in particular.. I highly doubt they are referencing the Kim Kardashian game when they say that haha! This data seems to show that TSB itself has performed quite poorly this year, as Q3 was the only quarter this year that was during a baseball season, which screams volumes about the growth (or lack thereof) of TSB, which accounts for 20% of their total revenue. So is it a gamechanger for the company itself, no because they have other much more successful games. But are the Glu managers who are directly in charge of TSB, who have and expect to oversee zero growth during 3 quarters of their fiscal year (during a pandemic when mobile spending should be booming) an issue caused by poor decisions on the game? Absolutely. Have they lost spenders, most likely replaced by further spending of a smaller group of addicted whales chasing smaller odds? Most likely.
    At this point, they really should be considering a change in strategy, as it is flat out ignorant to let 20% of your business stagnate. I highly doubt they are looking to squeeze the small group of whales for growth, as that strategy has not worked well enough to replace enough of the lost low-to-mid level spenders to have growth in revenue.
    Well I think that most of the people here say Glu has made bad business decisions are referring to TSB in particular.. I highly doubt they are referencing the Kim Kardashian game when they say that haha! This data seems to show that TSB itself has performed quite poorly this year, as Q3 was the only quarter this year that was during a baseball season, which screams volumes about the growth (or lack thereof) of TSB, which accounts for 20% of their total revenue. So is it a gamechanger for the company itself, no because they have other much more successful games. But are the Glu managers who are directly in charge of TSB, who have and expect to oversee zero growth during 3 quarters of their fiscal year (during a pandemic when mobile spending should be booming) an issue caused by poor decisions on the game? Absolutely. Have they lost spenders, most likely replaced by further spending of a smaller group of addicted whales chasing smaller odds? Most likely.
    At this point, they really should be considering a change in strategy, as it is flat out ignorant to let 20% of your business stagnate. I highly doubt they are looking to squeeze the small group of whales for growth, as that strategy has not worked well enough to replace enough of the lost low-to-mid level spenders to have growth in revenue.
    Very good points, sir. I guess it depends on what you believe and which data is looked at or to be believed. I read a little article that mentioned mobile gaming was on FIRE at the beginning of the year (bunch of people at home with loads of free time), but had a sharp decline as most people no longer had the same disposable income to sit around on their thumbs (especially to pay for free mobile games). That they’re flat could be a sign of trouble - or a symbol of strength to float during a pandemic. 

Either way, I’m more interested in these new game modes it seems no one else cares about ☹️ I should have made the post just about that.. well, and the fishing. 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    @retirepujols I expect to see pitcher gameplay.  Surprised it hasn't been introduced already.  People actually having to pay attention to that means more $$$.
    Slugfest was a bust again this year.  Not having 2 rosters was a huge plus.  But with ultra crap rewards no one wastes their time with it.  So either another overhaul is coming or it will be replaced.
    I'd like to see an ATG league were you have to manually play against teams stacked with ATG's.
    Millecors said:
    @retirepujols I expect to see pitcher gameplay.  Surprised it hasn't been introduced already.  People actually having to pay attention to that means more $$$.
    Yes! I remember seeing pictures of this being worked on a while ago and it looked interesting for sure. I totally forgot about that until you said this 🥴 also slugfest was cool one time when it was on a Thursday for the 30% but I don’t think anyone else liked it and everyone complained ☹️ Now we’re still stuck with complete trash bxp guys as the reward. Such a waste 😭

The pitching thing could be fun, especially for the minority that wouldn’t mind not auto playing something 🤯 and I would imagine pitchers skills would become more important with such a mode 🤔
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    it could be tough to level up my huge rod
    Hehehe
    Lol I knew someone would catch that.
    Just no.  
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The amount of money left on the table by not having a pitching mode is significant. It's kind of shocking they haven't addressed that yet.  I mean for me personally, I have a pretty good platinum team, but only one legend pitcher I've bothered leveling (Newcombe) compared to two rosters' worth of legend hitters.  With a pitching mode, I'd commit more resources to leveling pitchers for sure.  And to buying those special pitcher boxes. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Millecors said:
    I really hope they do incorporate a pitching mode. Match me games with pitching AND batting. Been asking for that for years 🙄
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    The amount of money left on the table by not having a pitching mode is significant. It's kind of shocking they haven't addressed that yet.  I mean for me personally, I have a pretty good platinum team, but only one legend pitcher I've bothered leveling (Newcombe) compared to two rosters' worth of legend hitters.  With a pitching mode, I'd commit more resources to leveling pitchers for sure.  And to buying those special pitcher boxes. 
    I only have leveled Morton and Hoyt and the only three are primes from several months ago. The only bullpen pitchers I've leveled are Rodgers and Luzardo rest are sitting at b1. I have not wasted any resources on pitching skills because I am skeptical whether they work or not because quite honestly I can't see the pitcher in action. IMHO If Glu is trying to screw us on things we can see they are definitely screwing us on things we can't see like pitcher skills.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

This was the thread for this comment:

If you are watching stocks today, with the vaccine announcement, pretty much anything having to do with "stay at home forever" is dropping. Netflix, Zoom, Hulu, and gaming companies, to name a few.  Wonder how GLU does with this development.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Down 9%today 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Down 9%today 

Thought it may be.

Again, don't want my message above to be taken as political. I like my money WAY more than politics.

I am now debating selling my Zoom stock. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    edited November 2020

If you are watching stocks today, with the vaccine announcement, pretty much anything having to do with "stay at home forever" is dropping. Netflix, Zoom, Hulu, and gaming companies, to name a few.  Wonder how GLU does with this development.

So what you’re saying is- we should invest in gas?
    *edit*. Can’t add photos anymore for some reason
    edited November 2020

Down 8% today already! (however it still is higher than the pre-earnings call amount, given the increased growth from their other games)