2020 VIP Council: Remote Control!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited November 2020 in General TSB Discussion

The VIP Council just concluded for 2020. This year, things were remote as a result of the ongoing pandemic. I wasn’t sure what to expect. Heck, I had never even used Zoom. Regardless, I was just happy that it was happening in some capacity. 

First of all, thanks to Blue leopard for organizing and giving us the opportunity to share our thoughts. There were numerous members on this year’s council that are also regulars here on the forums. It was very nice to match faces with screen names and meet new people as well. Here are some notable details/discussions:

-Box odds for legends are likely to mirror ‘19. They will try to push it as early as Friday, but if not, I’d expect them for the following weekend.

-A ‘super’ guarantee(legends) on the pity timers were discussed. They seem receptive, but it’s doesn’t appear to be imminent. 

-Legend Keepers were bumped, but as you guys already know, they were also given Xfactors.

-ML will NOT get an xfactor because it requires a new set of coding. Maybe next year?

-Cooperstown IS coming soon. Very, very soon.

-Cooldown was discussed, but it doesn’t appear that we will go that direction. Instead, more focus was on alternatives to cooldown. 

-Those that hop brackets will soon NOT appear in the MVP leaderboards

-Loyalty boxes will be raised to 60/day at each tier.

-WoH will see a face lift as soon as this upcoming Monday. Difficulty will be adjusted and either box odds for repulls will be significantly increased or we’ll be able to re-pull the legend every third cycle. 

-Improvements to Clash was also adjusted and centered on pitching options.

-The CvC x-factors will hopefully work for Extra Bases soon.

-They will look into starting/ending the last CvC earlier so that those boxes can still get the weekend discount

-Field Pass should now extend until five minutes prior to the new event start start time(8:55 am pacific).

I’m not trying to make a formal post so I’m just shooting things off the top of my head. I’m sure I forgot some things and I'll edit/add as needed. Thanks again to Blue Leopard and the glu staff for the opportunity to be heard. The access is invaluable. Oh yeah, we also had a council h2h tourney and big congrats to @mattattack for taking home the bacon!!! Well deserved buddy! If you guys have any questions or comments, I’m sure myself or others who attended can help. We had a huge forum turnout! :)

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1345

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited November 2020
    All sounds good (mainly excited for WOH), but I didn’t know loyalty boxes were a hot commodity. 

Edit: thank you @DFBB For filling us in and your contribution with any others from the forms
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Don't mind me. I'm just here for the negative comments 🖖🏼
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• mpimen007mpimen007 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Curious what kind of face-lift WOH will get and hopefully keeping fairly easy to cycle.  Thanks DFBB for the info
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Soooo tweaks... but expect more of the same 🤷🏻‍♂️Gotcha 👍🏻👍🏻
    edited November 2020
    And oh yeah I'm definitely planning on going diamond next year just in case I get invited again and can have a slim chance of taking your and @Mattattack 's lunch money in the council H2H 🙄

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    All sounds pretty good! We’ll see the execution, but the idea of everything you said sounds positive 👍🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Thanks for representing the people @DFBB
    KCTribe said:
    Thanks for representing the people @DFBB
    That he did and also thanks to @blueleopard & other GLU masterminds for hosting & organizing the council 🖖🏼

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Thank you @DFBB and everyone else that attended and was mouthpiece for everyone. You all represented us well. I'm actually excited to see keepers getting the x- factor, improvements to Clash, being able to use the CvC x- factor for EB and the changes to WoH. The box odds that were abysmal all year I'm happy to see that Glu is willing to make it easier to chase players. With Glu willing to consider a super guarantee I feel that is huge and a start of putting the player first and ultimately more money will be spent. Quite honestly I am still hoping even more so now with the box odds changing I'll see a 2nd edition Cal Ripken Jr. soon. I believe if Glu does and more importantly executes all these things well, I think they will have something really special with this game.  I'm actually rooting for Glu to see these changes. Thank you again everyone who attended, kudos and a job well done!
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @DFBB and everyone else who attended, Appreciate what you guys did. Even thought im an asshole most of the time, I do it because I care. Thanks for the update.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    @DFBB and everyone else who attended, Appreciate what you guys did. Even thought im an asshole most of the time, I do it because I care. Thanks for the update.
    You're Canadian brother. We know you're never truly an ahole. That just can't be.

P.S. you may want to send a case or two of maple syrup to GLU headquarters. May or may not earn you an invite to the next council.  There you have it, I just violated the council NDA for ya!!!

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Can I just say it’s nice to have @Houmy back, missed his humor
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    Can I just say it’s nice to have @Houmy back, missed his humor

• [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    I could use a drink.  Not maple syrup though.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Canadian whisky blueleo? Will that get me an invite next year? I promise to be on somewhat good behavior and limit my outbursts. You need more Canadian perspective on the game then just Shuan.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    I could use a drink.  Not maple syrup though.
    No risk of any maple syrup coming your way anyway seeing you pretty much admitted not sending any swag to our friendly neighbors 🤐

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I think the biggest thing I could stress from this is how open everyone behind the scenes running the game are. They were receptive to both compliments and criticism and didn’t shy away from any of it. They looked for ideas to improve the game is almost every game mode and as you saw some changes were implemented right away. I can say 100% I feel much better about the rest of tsb20 and moving onto tsb21.

Even though @DFBB  cheated in the tournament it was fun to play. 

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    All sounds good (mainly excited for WOH), but I didn’t know loyalty boxes were a hot commodity. 

Edit: thank you @DFBB For filling us in and your contribution with any others from the forms
    It plays a huge role for diamond players. Upgrading a player or 2 produces enough loyalty points to cap out and end up getting stuck in that club for a couple of days. 
    @dfbb, as much as I dislike you, I do appreciate your presence in these situations. Cheers. And thank you. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Bearmeat said:

It plays a huge role for diamond players. Upgrading a player or 2 produces enough loyalty points to cap out and end up getting stuck in that club for a couple of days. 
    @dfbb, as much as I dislike you, I do appreciate your presence in these situations. Cheers. And thank you. 

Ahhhh it all makes sense now.
    It does sound good and I hope they implement everything listed. However I’ve been around the game for many years as most of you have and things are rarely what they say they are gonna be. So we shall see.... 🤞🏻 Hopefully we can keep this thread open and revisit later on 
    @mythicaldragon honestly I wouldn't expect everything that was said to be implemented and if so not right away. You have to keep in mind this was somewhat of a brainstorming session and the powers to be took down the ideas and feature requests and still have to get with the devs to implement them which is not always that easy and fast. Some are an easy fix as we saw with the keeper upgrades but other things may take some time so patience is the name of the game. 

Houmy said:
    @mythicaldragon honestly I wouldn't expect everything that was said to be implemented and if so not right away. You have to keep in mind this was somewhat of a brainstorming session and the powers to be took down the ideas and feature requests and still have to get with the devs to implement them which is not always that easy and fast. Some are an easy fix as we saw with the keeper upgrades but other things may take some time so patience is the name of the game. 
    Agreed.. Very true 👍🏻
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    @DFBB Thanks! Good stuff.

I’ll determine  what to complain about in a bit.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

If you check my LOL counter you'll notice that I like to joke, A LOT, but all jokes aside the council was a positive experience as far as what it was intended for goes. This was a VIP event as the name insinuates so obviously only VIP were invited and of course they could not invite all VIP but the ones they did invite had some great inputs and hopefully brought up the improvements that all of you want to see whether you are a VIP or not. #alltapersmatter

The staff were very pleasant and receptive to the ideas brought up and seemed to be fully knowledgeable about what is going on, what players like & dislike and ideas/complaints brought up in the forum. They seemed really interested in tailoring the game more towards how the players want it to be and I am sure they will try to do so as much as they can but keep in mind that this is a business and any changes/improvements have to be in the interest of the company as well as the players so I don't envy them when it comes to balancing that.

To be fair I didn't have much input on all the different subjects as this has been an off year for me which I mentioned to the VIP team when I was invited. The ideas that I wanted to bring up would not have fitted in with the discussion at hand and may have distracted from it hence not much input from me but I'll brainstorm some over the weekend and may send them an email for their consideration.

One thing I wish had been considered is how to also tailor the game for the little people, like @dkarski87 's nephew 😁, that are not the biggest spenders but still spend enough to make a dent when added up or bring back loyal players that have all but quit after years of playing like @Bigpredfan. But I guess this would not have been an appropriate forum for that. There are a lot of  players like that which make up a large segment of GLU's revenue so perhaps a non-VIP event for longtime players that have given up may be in order. Some of those longtime players that have left, VIP or not, spent as much as the VIP that were invited. I especially miss seeing @Bigpredfan on the forum and in the game.

• TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    -Those that hop brackets will soon NOT appear in the MVP leaderboards
    wtf

how will i get recognition for bracket smashing? 
  • lefty10lefty10 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    @DFBB thanks for the updates!
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Ewwww look ^^^. @DFBB broke his forum cherry! 
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • lefty10lefty10 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    whynot said:
    Ewwww look ^^^. @DFBB broke his forum cherry! 
    I talk to a lot of these guys on fb and line chat lol