Well that's a swift kick in the knick knacks

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
Chased and needed Gwynn all weekend.  Got him the very last cvc box 🤬.  Sadly he will now be traded in...

Comments

• baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Better than pulling Ian Happ back to back with the last CVC boxes like I did. 🤷‍♂️
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I have an unsubstantiated theory that it is much more difficult to pull top players during weekend when .3 is available. I get about one a month. Got Posada on the final CVC last night. Meanwhile during the week it’s not unusual for me to pull two top players.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I pulled DeGrom on my last CvC box. I actually did fairly well. Two legends (Posada and Philips) and two 470 primes Urshela and DeGrom. No repulls this weekend out of the few boxes I opened. Now it'll be another two months before a streak like this happens to me again😂
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    That’s just not any fun. It would be nice to see the club discounts continue for a small period of time after the event ends. Maybe 10-30 minutes past the event the discount would still be in effect to give people a little something extra to think about if they get a good pull from that last cvc or whatever the case may be. I can’t imagine that would hurt anybody to have discounts available after hours for players that won’t ever be bonus players again (for the most part, excluding ATG’s). 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    The boxes are still alive for 3hrs after every event. Based on the timer, discounts should run till that expires I think. I mean, they keep the boxes there for a reason, so even after the events are over, you have 3 hours to keep pulling if you so chose.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    The boxes are still alive for 3hrs after every event. Based on the timer, discounts should run till that expires I think. I mean, they keep the boxes there for a reason, so even after the events are over, you have 3 hours to keep pulling if you so chose.
    Yeah but the weekend .3 ends when the event ends.  With a team stacked full of capped legends it doesn't make sense to me to cap one that now can't get me any extra points and is only a small upgrade over what I already have.  I finished 8th in my bracket this weekend.  He would have completed sets for me early on and given me the chance to play for 1st. 
    edited November 2020
    Millecors said:
    Yeah but the weekend .3 ends when the event ends.  With a team stacked full of capped legends it doesn't make sense to me to cap one that now can't get me any extra points and is only a small upgrade over what I already have.  I finished 8th in my bracket this weekend.  He would have completed sets for me early on and given me the chance to play for 1st. 
    If it’s someone you just flat out want, but can only cap with the discount. Idk, it would just be cool to have that extra little option. 

Edit: or maybe you kept a guy at d9 and held out for the repull and forgot to cap him before the event ended 🥴 lol
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I agree with the fact that an extra 30-60 minutes after the event would be nice. I ran into these same issues in the past where you pull that guy that you want with the last cvc box but need that discount to level him. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    IF, and that's a HUGE IF, I'm winning a legend in CvC, 99% of the time is after the last CvC.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    At the VIP council event we discussed the final weekend CVC timing issue with Glu.  The discount accolade is tethered to the event start/stop times, so they are unable to extend the timing on that, but they were amenable to changing that final CVC round to end one hour before the event ends, so that the discount accolade is still active.  If they don't change it this weekend, I think we can expect to see it updated in the near future.  
    At the VIP council event we discussed the final weekend CVC timing issue with Glu.  The discount accolade is tethered to the event start/stop times, so they are unable to extend the timing on that, but they were amenable to changing that final CVC round to end one hour before the event ends, so that the discount accolade is still active.  If they don't change it this weekend, I think we can expect to see it updated in the near future.  
    That’s awesome! Seems like a few dudes all from the same club took part in this council. I hope there was some variety and not just all like minded people 🥴 either way this will be a great move - especially for dudes that pull an ATG on that last cvc!
  • lefty10lefty10 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    We had 3 in our club. They had more people this year though because they didn’t have to fly everyone to SF.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    How is the VIP Council determined? Also, how many “members” are in it? Any info would be appreciated.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    How is the VIP Council determined? Also, how many “members” are in it? Any info would be appreciated.
    This year's VIP council consisted of 16 members, which was a larger number than last year due to the remote nature of the event.  The members were all chosen by Glu, with several being carryovers from the prior year.  The selection criteria are a bit of a mystery, but I would assume that time spent in-game and making positive contributions to the TSB community are the biggest factors, with a lean toward former VIP players of the month.  Obviously you have to be a VIP to be selected, but I don't believe money spent is a significant factor, as I'm only a level 11 All-Star.