Options

The conundrum this TSB addict faces.... advice welcomed

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
I have a pretty loaded diamond team with all capped legend hitters.  I won't fill the post with screenshots.  My "weakest" hitter is 480 Ozzie Smith, and he is still quite valuable the way I play.  I have spent quite a bit of $$$ already, and technically I don't "need" any players.  I can cycle WOH (my fav) without any boosts anywhere.  I win 99% of games and tourneys (damn you HYP3R!).
But....
535's are out and I scored.
Currently I am in 2nd (minors) and could coast to keep it and possibly 3rd in MVP.
I scored Kruk (P10), Andruw (D9 hoping for the cap repull), and now Chipper (B1, pity timer actually paid off)
Told myself I would only open the wallet for a big purchase IF I landed Teddy.
Currently operating with a 50% discount (.20 club, both small passes)
Next to nothing LXP.  No EVO. Under 2k gold.
I really like Chipper, had I landed him before Andruw we wouldn't be discussing this now.
My team is rostered in such a way that I can toss everyone from the weekend that isn't capped by tonight.
Unless I repull Kruk, he is gone (Boog is still the man)
Andruw is staying, a 535 OF in a crowded OF is still a 535 OF
I WANT TO KEEP CHIPPER, but I don't NEED to.  I have Schmidt, Pendleton, and Sando all capped with at least 16/16 skills for all.
I can't catch 1st place in the event.
I think writing this has cleared my head and talked myself out of spending.
BUT I WANT TO KEEP CHIPPER!
What say you?

Comments

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited November 2020
    Millecors said:

Maybe just start raving and rebuilding your resources?

Edit: I meant “saving,” but there’s no way I’m going to delete that. Go and rave your face off for the night, that’ll totally help your TSB conundrum 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I say that you take your credit card info off of your phone and have a friend hold your wallet for today. There will be a better 3b coming up soon and you won’t be using Chipper anyways. Save your money and your resources 
  • Options
    Millecors said:

Maybe just start raving and rebuilding your resources?
    "Raving"?  I'm too old to be going to Raves my friend.  I call victory when I go to bed at 9pm.
  • Options
    @retirepujols what I really need is to hook on with a top Majors club and build up my resources there.  I might not put up elite points, but I do put up my fair share. 
  • Options
    That could be a way to do it but you won’t be able to win cvc all of the time 
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    That could be a way to do it but you won’t be able to win cvc all of the time 
    Worth the sacrifice. Rarely pull anything from those boxes.
  • Options
    There would be plenty of clubs that would be happy to have you. I’m sure plenty of forum members would be. I have a lowly minors with no top tens so that wouldn’t help 
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Millecors said:
    I have a pretty loaded diamond team with all capped legend hitters.  I won't fill the post with screenshots.  My "weakest" hitter is 480 Ozzie Smith, and he is still quite valuable the way I play.  I have spent quite a bit of $$$ already, and technically I don't "need" any players.  I can cycle WOH (my fav) without any boosts anywhere.  I win 99% of games and tourneys (damn you HYP3R!).
    But....
    Currently I am in 2nd (minors) and could coast to keep it and possibly 3rd in MVP.
    I scored Kruk (P10), Andruw (D9 hoping for the cap repull), and now Chipper (B1, pity timer actually paid off)
    I really like Chipper, had I landed him before Andruw we wouldn't be discussing this now.
    My team is rostered in such a way that I can toss everyone from the weekend that isn't capped by tonight.
    I WANT TO KEEP CHIPPER, but I don't NEED to.  I have Schmidt, Pendleton, and Sando all capped with at least 16/16 skills for all.
    What say you?
    I think I can solve your conundrum. Pretty simple actually... Let me have your Kruk and my conundrum is solved. All kidding a side though George Brett has yet to make an appearance I'd pain staking  recycle Chipper and wait for Brett because I'm sure he'll have better skill sets.
  • Options
    SON OF A FRYHFFHJJGFFEERSSZ!!!!!!

• Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

Same... 
    teddy just doesn’t seem to be in the cards 🤷🏻‍♂️😔
  • Options
    Millecors said:
    SON OF A FRYHFFHJJGFFEERSSZ!!!!!!

Conundrum solved.
  • Options
    Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Millecors said:
    But....
    What say you?
    I think I can solve your conundrum. Pretty simple actually... Let me have your Kruk and my conundrum is solved. All kidding a side though George Brett has yet to make an appearance I'd pain staking  recycle Chipper and wait for Brett because I'm sure he'll have better skill sets.
    I’d better lock away my cards. A clubmate asked yesterday ‘Which one player would you most like?’  As this is my first year playing, I don’t know who is included in the game. I said George Brett. 

Shouldn’t say that on Glu’s forum. The chase should see me qualify for VIP status. 
  • Options
    George Brett was a beast last year so hopefully we see him again 
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    This year he'll have double bases empty. 
  • Options
    Millecors said:
    2003cobra said:
    This year he'll have double bases empty. 
    More likely close and rally skill
  • Options
    Although that might not be a bad combo to tell you the truth🤔