Woh royale for 11-13-20: 520!

2Next

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

I don’t remember event boxes being included save for a few times (more so in the beginning of the year). So I skimmed through a few posts from last November and we were at 7 levels for 510’s 😅 you earned the player each level and 10k lxp, but it just about required gold and capped skills for diamond players. I don’t remember what the max OVR was when earning 510’s, maybe 520’s? Either way, we’re not far off now and it’s much much easier. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    You really need better sources bud @retirepujols, that first guy is a joke!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Also did not need to score so many runs in 19’. Down 4 to Gibson & 5-0 Babe. 20’ seems to have less “pure” evil rng than 20’, yet big deficits are taxing grind apt to generate more mistakes me thinks. Personally some WOH  legends rewards have been and continue to perform. Albert Bell is now my weakest righty and Kenny Lofton now 3rd best lefty. Along with Bando and Nettles, they all crush it and help my team win until tip top of the curve pulls fall my way. Such a flood of Legends this year kind of devalues and skews their superiority disparity a lot this year, so I try to only level players with most desirable skills to me regardless of nostalgic value or very temporary “top of curve” status anyway. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @retirepujols If you have time, look up the '18 forums and see the 'good old days.' lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I think that 18 was the best overall 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    Millecors said:
    Wasn’t last year a 6 level tower, too? 🤢
    I was literally just thinking that.  But again, rewards were exponentially better.
    Were they really, though? I don’t remember them being that great myself. I’ll have to scroll through some woh posts in the 19 forum for a refresher 
    Oh they were so, so much better... not only could you cycle cap players easily (since you would get the reward every time you won), but you also would get significantly more LXP, and sometimes even event boxes. Also, the player reward usually had decent-to-solid skills, unlike the crap they give us now (like double RISP, or close and LHP).
    DFBB said:
    @retirepujols If you have time, look up the '18 forums and see the 'good old days.' lol
    Oh, I did that last year! Boy oh boy, it was not a pretty sight. If one were to only judge by the forum posts, it would be a safe bet to assume that nobody ever beat walk off in 18 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited November 2020
    I disagree with that @trojanman999. Yes it was nice earning the player each cycle, but there were loads of crappy skilled players and we went on stupid runs of similar players aka carbon copies. I remember at one point it seemed like we went a whole month with earning only third basemen from woh ☹️ Then right as everyone started complaining about blowout skills in woh, we went on a long streak of earning players with blowout skills. 

I agree the current run of righty outfielders is trash, but most people can cycle all day long without spending a single bar of gold. We’ve been earning 510’s during a 520 max, so the players are on par with this time last year. We’ve just been getting dumb players. 

Edit: and seven levels were terrible. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Oh, I did that last year! Boy oh boy, it was not a pretty sight. If one were to only judge by the forum posts, it would be a safe bet to assume that nobody ever beat walk off in 18 😂
    Yup, if anyone played 18 in the dark error of woh, they’ll be the first to tell you how extremely frustrating it was. I can’t tell you how many times I whipped my phone across the room. Luckily, GG helped me get through my challenges
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • lefty10lefty10 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    ‘18 was the Edwin Diaz days right? Hated that mofo!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2020
    Stuff gets less and less sucky as the year goes on. WOH included. We know this to be true.

After playing 18, I jumped right into 19 and was quickly disappointed that woh was terrible, resources scarce and 320 bxp players without skills were not much fun.

After playing 19, I waited until primes came out to do much with 20. WOH even more terrible than I remembered the year before, box odds at an all time worst, and resources scarce one again. And, let's face it, 400 prime Pablo Sandoval? Still not lots of fun.

For 21, I might just wait until after the VIP Council meeting and ATGs are released to start playing. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:

For 21, I might just wait until after the VIP Council meeting and ATGs are released to start playing. 
    My team is really just a few weeks old, and it kind of sucks having no pennants and no pick em sets. If this were truly the route one wanted to take, I would advise creating a team for 2021 to collect vip gifts, play season mode, and submit pick ems. 🤷‍♂️ I’m sure you mean having a 21 team while still focusing your attention on 20, but I wanted to throw that in there for anyone sharing your sentiment. 
    Oh yeah, for sure. I set up 20 immediately and brought keepers, played season games, and messed with it daily. I just didn't participate in a club / make purchases (outside of stadium) until primes were released. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Oh yeah, for sure. I set up 20 immediately and brought keepers, played season games, and messed with it daily. I just didn't participate in a club / make purchases (outside of stadium) until primes were released. 
    I did almost the same thing you did. Set up 20 and only started playing less than 2 months ago. The one mistake I did though was not pay attention to my AS perks not having transferred over right away so that I could collect the extra resources based on AS and when I started a ticket to have the perks transferred over they were all wrong and took another ticket to fix it and they are still wrong but I didn't bother with another ticket. That is real strange to me as it shouldn't even need any human interaction to copy the settings over (as far as picking the perks that is) but still somehow it obviously does. 🤷‍♂️
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Houmy I agree it shouldn't be such a hassle. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Houmy I agree it shouldn't be such a hassle. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
    Damn. I wish I had that piece of sage advice a few years back. It would have come in handy with a certain lady friend at the time 😁

Jokes aside though I just can't figure out how the AS perks could be messed up the way they were. Even if the level perks had changed from 19 to 20, which I haven't bothered to check and see if they have, it's not like they have to map old perks to new ones. Should be an easy sub to activate 20 version perks for levels x-xx to your new account and shouldn't be something for us to check individually. One of the perks that they gave me by mistake doesn't even work and honestly I don't even know if the rest all do. They gave me WOH skip 10 levels which shouldn't be activated yet on the level I am on and somehow the code knows that as it does nothing when I tried it but is still on my perks 🤔
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @JEDDDOGGY

Close calls most certainly count with pregnancy as well