dkarski87 said:
    RLRR, last 4
    what are the first 6 of level 10?  Been a few weeks since I played WOH
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Ted Williams with boost no match for Joe Kelly on 4.10

0 hits 3 outs
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    If it’s harder today with the same crap reward, I’m going to be really annoyed...but keep playing anyway, most likely. Sigh. 
    Not hard at all IMO. Don't need Baylor (have Hernandez) otherwise I would have tried for 2 more but seemed rather easy to me.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Boog got smoked on 5-10 with 80 gold boost. I can’t really see need to play and waste gold for a player that nobody really needs. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Ted Williams with boost no match for Joe Kelly on 4.10

0 hits 3 outs
    4.10 is the one I had to do the video restart as well. Others seemed relatively easy and Chipper smoked Ryan with 1 out.

edited November 2020
    Yeah its difficult enough now that you can't just blase' video boost past the last 3 anymore. So tiny wee bit improvement in rewards, but now it costs gold to get through (unless you start level 5 over often).

Meh, its worse now.
    4.10 is the one I had to do the video restart as well. Others seemed relatively easy and Chipper smoked Ryan with 1 out.

You video boosting last three? I can see myself restarting level 5 consistently if I just video boost them. It's not super hard, but its also not worth spending gold on.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Stick a lv10 skill on the last 2 and ur fine in diamond. No boost needed with Teddy.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Stick a lv10 skill on the last 2 and ur fine in diamond. No boost needed with Teddy.

I'm not swapping x factors just for one event. I heard after you swap them 10 times they disappear.
    Fact Jedd
    – The Great Houmy
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    That’s a swift kick in the nuts. Plus the fact of the gold that it cost to switch you might as well buy more x-factor boxes 
    JEDDDOGGY said:

You video boosting last three? I can see myself restarting level 5 consistently if I just video boost them. It's not super hard, but its also not worth spending gold on.
    No boost. Use Posada, Chipper & Andruw for last 3 and didn't have any issues but I am sure on multiple cycles they would eventually need a restart.

JEDDDOGGY said:
    dkarski87 said:

I'm not swapping x factors just for one event. I heard after you swap them 10 times they disappear.
    Wait, is that confirmed? And if so is it listed anywhere as a warning? #xfactorgate2020?

• MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    No problemo 

• RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Love this new guy !!!
    I take it back, im getting curved out like crazy with lv 15 skills. Refuse to boost with such shit fukin rewards. They changed nothin, 12% boost to WOH odds, nothing else. Useless.
    – The Great Houmy
    rewards dont justify the time and resources needed for this.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    I take it back, im getting curved out like crazy with lv 15 skills. Refuse to boost with such shit fukin rewards. They changed nothin, 12% boost to WOH odds, nothing else. Useless.
    Only lv15 skills? SMH. I'd kick you if you were in my club. Coolest forum signature or not 😏

xfactor skills, players are all 20/20
    – The Great Houmy
    I mean if these are the changes you guys talked about, might wanna go back to the drawing board there @Houmy. Increased difficulty, same shit rewards. Dont see what was accomplished here. 
    – The Great Houmy
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    That's F'ing absurd @dkarski87

On a side note....have you tried a lower rated player?  Purely ancedotal, but it feels to me at times that a player will struggle if they're TOO good.  Like the game wants the hitter vs pitcher matchup in a particular window for the proper RNG.
    I refuse to boost for such shit rewards, if he was set at every 3. I can justify it, not for this shit.
    – The Great Houmy
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Here was my first cycle experience:

I hope it was just bad RNG, but I lost an autoplay to Grienke at 5.7 (with Vizquel), used video restart and won manually.  Then lost manually to Perry at 5.9 (with keeper Brett).

Started level 5 over, lost auto to Grienke again (with keeper Brett).

Started level 5 over, autoplayed 5.1-5.6.  Manually played the rest.  Beat 5.7 with Brett, 5.8 with keeper Cabrera, 5.9 with Vizquel, and then Teddy dismantled Nolan at 5.10:

Didn’t use any boosts at all though, so not terrible, assuming I can follow the player use pattern on my successful attempt at level 5, to cycle consistently.

On the plus side, the improved box odds helped me:

• ESTXXLESTXXL Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    edited November 2020
    Good grief 4.10 Joke Kelly was a restart with a Capped Tony Gwynn. Posada I should have used but 5.8 - 5.10 was one miss on a changeup that's it you're getting curved out by the unhittable ones. Finally got three in and not spending anymore Gold. Not worth it. Have Kruk. Capped Gwynn, Posada, Visquel (whose skills are the best imo) had definitely tougher time by double. 
    In typical GLU fashion, it looks like they went too far with the difficulty and not far enough with the reward.  

Watching diamond teams with 20/20 guys struggle is mind blowing
    Also, Grienke can eat my ass with a spoon
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    i only got through once and 5.7 on was a slight tougher. Im hoping as i go it doesnt get worse being at Gold
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Also, Grienke can eat my ass with a spoon
    How about a fork? Be a man
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Greinke definitely seems to be the biggest challenge for me too, lol.  Haven’t lost manually, but can’t get by him with an autoplay.  First time I’ve needed to manually play this much in awhile.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    In typical GLU fashion, it looks like they went too far with the difficulty and not far enough with the reward.  

Watching diamond teams with 20/20 guys struggle is mind blowing
    This difficulty is exactly on par with '19 WOH. No problem with that. The only difference is that you got the legend every single cycle then. If that was still the case, I would have no complaints.