Woh

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    90k gain,  after you invest  460 or 560k to level him.... lol

This is why cycle capping must be brought back.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    HH isnt very good for WOH, the start of the round usually dictates the RNG you will get for the rounds. You want 2 active skills to start usually.
    Oh I get it. And you’re right. But Ferrell has been very good for me. Lucky? Yeah, probably. I’ll take being lucky rather than good 😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I'm not too upset about it. We can argue about difficulty and rewards, but its not so much about that to me. This event lost its magic long ago. 
    Yea Ive accepted that WOH will never be what is use to be. But, I was looking forward to a new WOH... maybe they didnt have the time to it today? who knows. But if this is what they discussed on changes, F on execution.  The game has 2-3 months left, let people enjoy it.
    – The Great Houmy
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

This is one of the main reasons that I stayed silver. No more grinding all day on Mondays and Wednesdays without being able to cycle cap. What is the strategy for diamond players this year?
  • lefty10lefty10 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    dkarski87 said:

This is one of the main reasons that I stayed silver. No more grinding all day on Mondays and Wednesdays without being able to cycle cap. What is the strategy for diamond players this year?
    Go 20/20 on skills for the best players with the best skills so you’re not tempted to level every bonus player.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

WoH11, 20g cause I've got no time waiting for a video that won't load...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqbGXl5lxEg

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2020
    In typical GLU fashion, it looks like they went too far with the difficulty and not far enough with the reward.  

Watching diamond teams with 20/20 guys struggle is mind blowing
    Not sure what’s going on, but I don’t have 20/20 guys besides Ted and I cruised through about 5 times with no boosts or restarts 🤷‍♂️ First two cycles I was cleaning up at home and vacuuming and such. Maybe it’s because I don’t care about the players or resources that I’m able to casually breeze by without effort 🤷‍♂️ BUT - I totally agree with the people saying an increased difficulty isn’t worth a slightly better chance at a box repull 🥴 

edit: also no upgrades beyond 60/100 and none of my guys have any real amount of pennants. Maybe y’all are just too tense and pissed off that you’re squeezing your phone and in turn it’s giving you bad luck 😮
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I'm not too upset about it. We can argue about difficulty and rewards, but its not so much about that to me. This event lost its magic long ago. 
    Arguing about the game has been more fun than the game itself recently.  I'm absolutely here for the angry gorillas rage,  Here for all of it
    Shut up John, wait you agree with me! Nm your good.
    – The Great Houmy

"I am not a Kruk!"
    I’m only here for the comments 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

Ahem. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited November 2020
    In typical GLU fashion, it looks like they went too far with the difficulty and not far enough with the reward.  

Watching diamond teams with 20/20 guys struggle is mind blowing
    Not sure what’s going on, but I don’t have 20/20 guys besides Ted and I cruised through about 5 times with no boosts or restarts 🤷‍♂️ First two cycles I was cleaning up at home and vacuuming and such. Maybe it’s because I don’t care about the players or resources that I’m able to casually breeze by without effort 🤷‍♂️ BUT - I totally agree with the people saying an increased difficulty isn’t worth a slightly better chance at a box repull 🥴 

edit: also no upgrades beyond 60/100 and none of my guys have any real amount of pennants. Maybe y’all are just too tense and pissed off that you’re squeezing your phone and in turn it’s giving you bad luck 😮
    Hmmm.  Now that you mention it @retirepujols

@dkarski87 seems to be the only one having an issue.  Maybe he’s just not good at WOH???
    lol alright well since i bitched and cried like a baby today. I will atleast share the results from the WOH boxes today, 20 cycles yielded 7 repulls, above average I would say. And yes there is more lxp inside the box as well @DFBB. Is there more to be made today? Yes...... Is it enough? No. Its almost December, the WOH guy should be every 3cycles, heck hes only a 520....
    – The Great Houmy
    Sharing is caring 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    My only thought is that if you’re a diamond player then you have a 22% chance of earning 31k every time that you pull the player from the box-if he’s d10 already . That is obviously an improvement over the 5% chance from before but nowhere close to being able to cycle cap that player as in prior years. If you cycle 20 times and pull the guy 4 times now as opposed to 1 time before  (based on the increased odds)that extra 90k lxp is a huge gain. In the past I know that I would take that player to P7 and cycle cap him. Getting him through diamond for free was awesome but I don’t know the strategy for this year. Also, the reward players have been too similar to really entice people to play as much 
    Is it ideal? I'm pretty sure most would want more/something different(every 3 maybe). The takeaway, however, is the options it presents. If you don't believe in odds, then this isn't for you. Personally, I always plan around the odds and today was no different. Normally, if I want to cap the WoH guy, I'd take him to d9 and maybe d8 if I'm feeling lucky. Today, I got him within the first two cycles(40% chance) and went to d5 knowing that cycle #3 guarantees he gets to d6. That is the real value and for some, this added 'value' came free of charge. Again, if you're saying it's not enough, that's a different topic. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Alex my point is that it’s a step in the right direction but it’s not what it was last year and that’s seems to strike a nerve with more than just one person. Of course we always want more that’s-human nature. Thanks for sharing your strategy. I was just curious how it was working for you guys at the top.  
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2020
    I'm not a top 20, 30 player in the world so sometimes I feel like its just difficult for me to relate to their experiences 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Ugh I just spent so much time reading all this entertaining stuff when I should be on my 5th cycle... 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Ugh I just spent so much time reading all this entertaining stuff when I should be on my 5th cycle... 
    Only the 5th?  "Boy you is so slow, you going in reverse!" 🤣
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I’m gonna give my best advice in this matter (and this includes @whammo911and @drsmartassphd opinion). This game has fücked you over for so long that you grasp at straws when something changes for the best. You all seem to have battered house wife disorder. If you don’t realize it now, then best of luck. I can’t even smoke my brains out and lye back and enjoy it. Yes, this is perfect for gold players (cycle 3 times or more) and get a capped player. That’s great. He’s useless to those that compete. So, I’ll just keep slow playing for club points. Meanwhile, silver and gold teams get ráped on every other event. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    Millecors said:
    Only the 5th?  "Boy you is so slow, you going in reverse!" 🤣
    Yeah man if my damn 4 year old son didn’t have remote school for the next two weeks in my home office I’d have more geez 😂🤣
    Always the kids fault. Like blaming the dog 
    2003cobra said:
    Always the kids fault. Like blaming the dog 
    Well, to be fair I’d be “working” if he was at school haha
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Still doable with a 500 giambi 17/17 skills and a 40 gold boost and 20 gold boost on the next 2 💪
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Well tried new setup at diamond level and if I am going to struggle make the legemd the reward every time. When i have a 200k team and i cant get through 5.7, no way i am sitting for 2.5 hrs to cycle 10 times. Just my feedback.
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Still doable with a 500 giambi 17/17 skills and a 40 gold boost and 20 gold boost on the next 2 💪
    THAT'S a sold win!
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited November 2020
    I’m gonna give my best advice in this matter (and this includes @whammo911and @drsmartassphd opinion). This game has fücked you over for so long that you grasp at straws when something changes for the best. You all seem to have battered house wife disorder. If you don’t realize it now, then best of luck. I can’t even smoke my brains out and lye back and enjoy it. Yes, this is perfect for gold players (cycle 3 times or more) and get a capped player. That’s great. He’s useless to those that compete. So, I’ll just keep slow playing for club points. Meanwhile, silver and gold teams get ráped on every other event. 
    Well said but I would just add one thing.  It’s best to not compete in a game that is decided by who spends the most money.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • lefty10lefty10 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    I’ve been just fine with this guy at 16/16 skills but I just got my first pull of Carter at cycle 13 so I call bullshit on the odds. 🤷🏻‍♂️