SLUGFEST - hear me out!

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
It’s clear that slugfest has barely been an afterthought dating back to the beginning of 2019. The player is always a random bxp guy that doesn’t help anyone’s team, and you score next to no club points if you play the event during royale (you can make the multiplier whatever you want, one bonus game can outscore a days worth of slugfest with ease).

So, how about we move slugfest to prime days? The tiny amount of bonus points earned wouldn’t drastically change the finishes for many clubs, but it would give people something else to do throughout the day. 

It wouldn’t be for an amazing player, it doesn’t earn lxp or even bxp, but the people who simply enjoy slugfest would be able to enjoy it more so than they can during royale (and earn a little bxp/cash/evo along the way). 

I personally would love to see slugfest during prime days, or even overnight in between events. As it stands, there’s very little reason to even remember slugfest exists. It deserves better than that, at least a little. 
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    It's been documented that I loved slugfest and I have a burned screen to prove it but honestly if the rewards are not bumped up I wouldn't see myself playing it much. For me it was a great way to earn resources and more so PXP when available and I would always stop playing when the legends came around as I didn't want to waste LXP on leveling up a new slugger every week.

I don't see GLU bumping the resources for slugfest anymore though as before it was necessary since you had a separate slugger roster to maintain so the whole landscape has changed. Honestly I think they may eventually even get rid of it once/if they introduce other game modes. To me it seems like a placeholder for other modes to come at this point. 

Having said that I like your idea of having it during prime days so that those that still enjoy it can get more involved. Before most people wouldn't bother with it if they hadn't played since day 1 since after 1 or two months they really wouldn't stand a chance of cycling if they didn't have a strong roster which they had to earn by cycling each week. Now that they can use their regular roster they can always jump back into it.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I agree with the doom and gloom. I can just see myself playing it to slowly earn a bit of cash and evo, or even BXP to mess around with ML. I truly wish I could play it during off hours as hr battles seem to be more miss than hit and is just meh after a while. Although, I would like to see an option to challenge people to a hr battle. I might not want to spend hours challenging a buddy head to head, but perhaps we have a few minutes for a hr battle 🤷‍♂️ Oh well. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I like the challenge by player name idea. 🖖

• Vboi8575Vboi8575 Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    They should make it like woh and put a legend as a cycle and a prime as a normal
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Slugfest and Home Run Battles in general is my favorite mode in the game and has been since TSB16, but I'm also a player that values sentimentality.  I couldn't care less about "being competitive".  That said, I know a lot of people do, but every week Slugfest sees our lowest engagement numbers anyway. Various ideas are being thrown into the mix about how to make it better, so I'll stay stay tuned.

I've taken your feedback and included it in my report though.  Thank you!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited December 2020
    every week Slugfest sees our lowest engagement numbers
    @[Glu Sports] blueleopard  It just doesn't stand a chance. As it stands, its the lowest point earner BY FAR and isn't a resource generator like walk off hero. Being in an event with point earners like bonus games and prime games as well as resource generators like walk off and tournaments, there's little reason to look at slugfest and the small amount of bxp you can earn. 

Put it in during a prime game event, and either make the player a part of a set or change the resources earned to pxp/lxp and I would think slugfest would garner more attention. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited December 2020
    I mean..no one wants to play for blue xp anymore Much like no one wants me in their club. Why dredge the bottom of the barrel if its not completely necessary, I hate prime days so much Id actually play slugfest. which I hate 2nd Most.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @2020KC I’ll take you in my club. I know that there had been nice reward players in the past but also in prior years you had to have a separate roster for slugfest. That took way too many resources so most people didn’t do it. With the change that was made this year I’m sure that people could get drawn back into if it was more enticing. As mentioned throw it in on a prime day and have that player means something-at least for a day or two
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Another factor adding to its downfall is how it becomes harder and harder each level. From a cakewalk at bronze to near impossible at diamond (especially earlier in the year). I haven't tried it since I was gold in the early months.  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I played it over the royale weekend and got through it the first time with no issues. I love the fact that you don’t need to build a separate roster anymore! The problem that I have with it was there’s really no incentive to play it. It’s the lowest point multiplier and the reward player is total garbage. Have him be a bonus player in other events or be a better player. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that if you can beat slugfest then that player does you absolutely no good except a few club points. The resources gained were very minimal and not worth the time especially when there are so many other ways to compete and earn club points. I didn’t even bother going through it a second time-I couldn’t talk myself into it even with the bonus player. 
    @2003cobra yup. It was only relevant back when you had a separate roster but the rewards were much higher and half would go to capping the slugger and the other half to your main team. Pointless now seeing that what little cash you get from cycling goes towards auto play anyway.