2020 VIP Council: Remote Control!

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    From my point of view, they have lost all credibility when I look at boxes and odds. After the whole Foil Marte incident where they displayed the player and odds in the box, but upon review he was never inside the box. Take it however you want, they have zero credibility when in this regard. Accidents happen? Of course they do, and they did their best to make whole all the players affected it by it. But the damage was done, for all we know this wasn't the first time something like this or similar has happened to us over the years. The only reason they acknowledged it this time was because when you have the huge spenders blowing thousands and thousands of dollars chasing a player that simply didn't exist. They had no choice but to examine the situations more thoroughly.

Are boxes rigged? No i dont think so. These box pulls comes in waves as we all have seen and experienced. Sometimes your hot and other times you could spend spend spend and still not get what your looking for.  Is the engagement algorithm a real thing?  I personally believe so, simply for the fact that it makes the most business sense for them. Why wouldn't they target the newer/less active users and "throw them a bone" on pulls. Thats exactly how you get people hooked into this non-sense.  The game is what it is, all these changes we are seeing from the meetings last week was already per-determined. Like other have mentioned, is this exact same scenario every single year, and and the exact same time in the year.  They start throwing everyone a bone with increased rewards, better odds and whatever else they outlined to improve. 2020 is already on the back burner, what they are doing now is fattening up the turkey for 2021, nothing more.  Just have to take it for what it is.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I'm guessing you were part of the VIP council. No further debate needed. 
    I’m guessing you’re an engagement algorithm truther still playing the game and participating on a forum for a game that is “rigged”. No further debate needed.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Be nice boys.  Rigged boxes and non rigged box guys can live side by side, let’s set an example for the republicans and democrats. 😁😁
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited November 2020
    Let's not forget the full explanation we received from someone who claimed to have worked for Glu of how Glu operates the box odds this year from previous years (which is why there is no point in chasing players):
    Glu separates players into various groups for each event - i.e. A, B, C, & D. For every 1,000 boxes, group A will have 1 legend, group B will have 0, group C will have 35, and group D will have 4. Glu will list the box odds at 40 boxes with legends per 1,000... but realistically only those in group C are going to have a legit chance at pulling said legend. For some its impossible, and for others its significantly less than advertised. You can make your own assumptions on what players are in the hypothetical group C (big spenders, engagement algo, glu employees, etc.). 

This and all other Glu BS is why I went F2P a while ago.. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Let's not forget the full explanation we received from someone who claimed to have worked for Glu of how Glu operates the box odds this year from previous years (which is why there is no point in chasing players):
    Glu separates players into various groups for each event - i.e. A, B, C, & D. For every 1,000 boxes, group A will have 1 legend, group B will have 0, group C will have 35, and group D will have 4. Glu will list the box odds at 40 boxes with legends per 1,000... but realistically only those in group C are going to have a legit chance at pulling said legend. For some its impossible, and for others its significantly less than advertised. You can make your own assumptions on what players are in the hypothetical group C (big spenders, engagement algo, glu employees, etc.). 

Now thats just crazy, If thats true, then 95% of our club fell into group D this weekend chasing Teddy. Some of which are huge spenders. So this theory holds no water.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    🤔 Maybe we should start a Glu Conspiracy Theory thread?
    - Blueleopard
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @retirepujols is clearly a rigger. He seems to be stealing everyone’s box odds. 
    That’s a hard R there, cubbie. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    whynot said:
    Be nice boys.  Rigged boxes and non rigged box guys can live side by side, let’s set an example for the republicans and democrats. 😁😁

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    The intentions are good but the delivery is MIA.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts

I'm gonna go ahead and call BS here.

I like to think I have a fantastic relationship with everybody in the studio and would know if such a thing happens..  And if I'm wrong, I kindly invite that person to fess up in my inbox/Line/Discord.  Spoiler: They won't.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

I like to think I have a fantastic relationship with everybody in the studio and would know if such a thing happens..  And if I'm wrong, I kindly invite that person to fess up in my inbox/Line/Discord.  Spoiler: They won't.

Why are the box odds not same as previous years but yet the odds are similar? Why does it now take 200k to pull a player when in previous years 30k would get it done most times? Jw 🤷🏻‍♂️
    What changed?? 🤔

Why are the box odds not same as previous years but yet the odds are similar? Why does it now take 200k to pull a player when in previous years 30k would get it done most times? Jw 🤷🏻‍♂️
    What changed?? 🤔

- Blueleopard
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    That’s typical for @(Glu Sports) blueleotard, now you won’t here from him in months. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    That’s typical for @(Glu Sports) blueleotard, now you won’t here from him in months. 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Edit: blueleopard 

I am sorry but do people really buy into that? Someone claims to have worked for GLU (no evidence whatsoever) and is willing to risk breaking his/her exit NDA by telling us all this and that's even besides the fact that an ex employee would have inside knowledge of how things are operated this year?

Please forward me that person's information as I want to see if they have any inside information on why the illuminati are suppressing the fact that the earth is in fact flat or if they have undeniable information that wolf 359 was an inside job like we all know it to be 🙄🖖

Sorry people but you really have to pick & chose what you believe in. Do box odds suck? YES. Have they always sucked? YES. Do we all know that? HELL YES (noobs notwithstanding). Do we still chase them? 🤷‍♂️

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

What changed?? 🤔

Same reason there are no blue LxP boxes in the store for 500 gold....

BC F u kc you, that's why. GLU has taken their greed up to new levels.

Again, TY. Can't say it enough.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Thats the thing - box odds didn't always suck. They were pretty damn good last year, actually. 4 percent weekend and 7 percent weekday for legends. The boxes now are getting a bit closer to that, so its a decent improvement imo. Hopefully they'll get another positive bump at some point, maybe around the holidays.
    Blueleotard 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. You may have started something good!
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Thats the thing - box odds didn't always suck. They were pretty damn good last year, actually. 4 percent weekend and 7 percent weekday for legends. The boxes now are getting a bit closer to that, so its a decent improvement imo. Hopefully they'll get another positive bump at some point, maybe around the holidays.
    At the council, they actually pulled up the November no shave box. Legends in that box had a combined pull rate of 3.4%, but it was between two legends and one wasn’t at the curve. Last weekend, we were at 2.5%, but both legends were at the curve. To your point, it did get friendlier down the stretch and I’d expect something similar this year. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited November 2020
    Well all I am gonna say is:
    That if a Glu employee who is rarely on this forum came on personally to deny/discredit that guys theory... when there are theories thrown around daily with no response/attention.
    Hmmmmm......  I think I will continue F2P for now.
    Well all I am gonna say is:
    That if a Glu employee who is rarely on this forum came on personally to deny/discredit that guys theory... when there are theories thrown around daily with no response/attention.
    Hmmmmm......  I think I will continue F2P for now.
    Do ask that guy/gal about the illuminati though please. I want to make travel plans for 2029 (once this pandemic is over) and need to know if I should book an around the globe or across the globe flight?

Not trying to poke fun at you personally but the person claiming to be an ex GLUmite could be a neckbeard looking for extra attention for all we know. 

Houmy said:
    neckbeard

Not all neckbeards are created equally. 

If you have a beard, don’t chop off the neck 😏 beards trimmed above the jawline are ridiculous, fellas 😢
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @retirepujols That last guy looks like he stopped just shy of becoming a full blown Amish hipster 🤣

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I always pictured pooholes looking the like the guy in the middle and wearing blueleotards
    2003cobra said:
    I always pictured pooholes looking the like the guy in the middle and wearing blueleotards
    Wait!!  Are you suggesting @retirepujols IS blueleotard with a glu logo proudly displayed on his bat and balls?
    - Blueleopard
    just for the record I am not suggesting anything. Just sharing my imagination with you guys 

Well now I am imagining it and he is doing a Joe Gatto SUCK IT 🤣🤣🤣
    - Blueleopard
    2003cobra said:
    That's nice. A not so subtle attempt of personal attack on an admin and then we wonder why there is so little interaction from him. GLU should definitely up his pay as lately all the "I'm gonna sue GLU" & "I'm writing the CEO personally" has turned into a blue-bash.

Wait. He’s getting paid? I should have known.