24 hour WoH: Booooommmm

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts

JEDDDOGGY said:
    I like the 535 guy, that's nice. Plus, we don't get a pitcher very often so that's cool too.

But where are these double rewards they got me all fired up about?
    It's what, 120K LXP for first place in club event?  That's pretty sexy for a Thursday

Ohhhh I did not even think about club / event rewards. Was thinking tower rewards.

Okay yep, that's pretty good. I like it.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2020
    Not sure if this has been said but I'd highly recommend holding Blue boxes if you're capping him. He'll be a discount tomorrow. Same with the MVPs if you care about PXP. 
    Ah, crap. I was too excited and already leveled him. Kudos to being smarter than me ☹
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    How is the difficulty in today’s event?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    @DFBB what are your average cycle times today?
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    whynot said:
    really similar to monday imo, just down an extra run or two here and there. I've only lost one manual round so far in 8 cycles. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited November 2020
    whynot said:
    Covered in more detail above.  Slightly harder than Monday @whynot

One noticable change....it's back to the deal where if you have the video boost left in your pocket, 5.10 is a HUGE BEOTCH.  Cycled 4 times now, used vid restart on 1 and 3 on 4.10....both times Snow murdered 5.10.  4th cycle I had it in my pocket still and got WAXED on first try, then returned the favor after vid restart.

Clown show
    edited November 2020
    JEDDDOGGY said:

JEDDDOGGY said:
    I like the 535 guy, that's nice. Plus, we don't get a pitcher very often so that's cool too.

But where are these double rewards they got me all fired up about?
    It's what, 120K LXP for first place in club event?  That's pretty sexy for a Thursday

Ohhhh I did not even think about club / event rewards. Was thinking tower rewards.

Okay yep, that's pretty good. I like it.
    That 6K gold for first is pretty nice too @JEDDDOGGY

Thanks @TheFullMonte, cant believe I missed it above
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    whynot said:
    really similar to monday imo, just down an extra run or two here and there. I've only lost one manual round so far in 8 cycles. 
    It's tougher/more time consuming for me because I don't have a reliable guy to sim 5.7(Kruk did that on Monday) and I'm using Ted(points) to close(Butler closed on Monday). I also missed the first round of CvC despite checking on it at least 5-6 times in the previous hour. Oh, I'm old. And tired. Yup, this is the beginning of the end.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    not being able to sim 5.7 consistently is my biggest issue as well
    I’m using the 480 Ripken and I’m angry enough at 5.7 right now I’m about to blow all my LXP to level the 520 Catcher with vLHP/HH I pulled two weeks ago.  Driving me crazy.

Even ATG DiMaggio isn’t reliable
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited November 2020
    DFBB said:
    Oh, I'm old. And tired. Yup, this is the beginning of the end.
    <<<Oh, I'm old. And tired. Yup, this is the beginning of the end.>>>

Welcome to the club 🖖
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Did one cycle and had to restart entire level 5 once and then a video restart on 5.9 with a gold boost and a gold boost on 5.10. Definitely harder IMO and need the right top 3 batters to keep cycling. Have 3 or 4 535 inactives that now I am tempted to level at least one of them if WOH is like this moving forward. So basically what I am trying to say is I.LOVE.IT 🖖

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I’m using the 480 Ripken and I’m angry enough at 5.7 right now I’m about to blow all my LXP to level the 520 Catcher with vLHP/HH I pulled two weeks ago.  Driving me crazy.

Even ATG DiMaggio isn’t reliable
    yeah i've tried that Ripken who i have at 20/20 and the Carter from monday at 16/16 and neither is reliable enough for me to want to try it much.   Especially with the higher sim cost.   I need to use Dimaggio at 5.8
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Is it me or or are the autoplay costs inflated? Maybe I didn't pay enough attention before but even in the early levels it's a lot more than the potential 2000cash for winning 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I think that they are the same as Monday. Pendleton on 5-7 has been working well for me. Unfortunately JT is only 2-9 so far. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Is it me or or are the autoplay costs inflated? Maybe I didn't pay enough attention before but even in the early levels it's a lot more than the potential 2000cash for winning 
    It's Monday's setup/cost.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    My take is it was easier for the 1st few hours. Needed zero boosts. Since then it has gotten more difficult,  to me anyway. Same 3 for 5.8 - 5.10.
    5.8 Bando 16/16 now need video boost.
    5.9 Clark 16/16 now need video boost.
    5.10 Van Slyke 20/20 now need 40 gold boost.
    Well at the irrelevant level of gold I didn’t have any issues the first time through, and pulled Blue 😁.  For anyone who cares used this guy on 5-10 with video boost and he crushed it (this time).
    - Blueleopard
    If WOH is going to be this "difficult" or even harder going forward I may have to level one of the inactives after all instead of waiting to land a higher max one. Here is the current roster and what I have to level (Carter is obviously out) so lets hear your suggestions please. About 1.4mil LXP on hand. Pendelton is DH right now and Hornsby will be replaced once I get my custom ATG so ideally I'm aiming to take Oliver out of rotation. Go with Griffey or Davis?

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah so I cannot get past my fourth cycle. It got crazy difficult. 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    On my tenth cycle, Level 5 took me so long I used two restart videos. Just for level 5!! 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Houmy said:
    If WOH is going to be this "difficult" or even harder going forward I may have to level one of the inactives after all instead of waiting to land a higher max one. Here is the current roster and what I have to level (Carter is obviously out) so lets hear your suggestions please. About 1.4mil LXP on hand. Pendelton is DH right now and Hornsby will be replaced once I get my custom ATG so ideally I'm aiming to take Oliver out of rotation. Go with Griffey or Davis?

My pick would be Porter with an X factor boost.  I have him leveled up and could try him at 5-10 for you if you want.
    - Blueleopard
    After 10 cycles I've gotten Freeman 6 times and Abreu 4 times, but I'm 0/10 for Vida.. fwiw Kruk 16/16 is crushing 5.7 so far. Hoping these Vida odds start to even out soon 😔 starting to wish there was a pity timer on these woh rewards boxes. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • sugarshortssugarshorts Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    No problem whatsoever.  And I have no player with higher than 14 skills. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I don’t have many RHB so I am struggling. Made it to 5.9 once and Spooky Trout flames out despite having two skills active to start the round. Think I’m done for the day.
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    No problem whatsoever.  And I have no player with higher than 14 skills. 
    Nice, sounds like you're ready for the Bat Flip Tower now!
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @Houmy -  RISP is not a quality skill for WOH, so I would immediately cross Griffey, Davis and Carter off your list.  Between Porter and Kruk, neither would be ideal for 5.10 because they don't start with two skills turned on, but because you'll have your custom for 5.10, IMO Kruk would be the wiser move because he'd be solid on 5.8/5.9 vs either lefties or righties. 
    @SandlotGuru Chipper should be able to handle 5.8 or 5.9 once I get the custom and Posada doesn't have any problems on 5.7 so that's why I was thinking about Griffey or Davis to replace Oliver. Then again I may eventually get lucky with an ATG OF down the road so either Kruk or Porter seem feasible too. 

edited November 2020
    I'm using chipper at 5.8, Monte Irvin (double hot hitter) at 5.9, and Ted (also has hot hitter) and 5.10 and they hardly get an out, let alone have any serious troubles. 🤷‍♂️