24 hour WoH: Booooommmm

Comments

• sugarshortssugarshorts Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    No problem whatsoever.  And I have no player with higher than 14 skills. 
    Nice, sounds like you're ready for the Bat Flip Tower now!
    Zero losses in Bat flip tower.  Did use 80 gold on 5-10 because of all the crying here. Lol. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Houmy I think that Kruk would be a little better if WOH is your main reason for leveling one of them up. As discussed the late inning skill would be active in every round at any level as opposed to RHP. Also, most scenarios you’re starting  with runners on which is an advantage over HH which obviously is never active to start. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited November 2020
    2003cobra said:
    Houmy I think that Kruk would be a little better if WOH is your main reason for leveling one of them up. As discussed the late inning skill would be active in every round at any level as opposed to RHP. Also, most scenarios you’re starting  with runners on which is an advantage over HH which obviously is never active to start. 
    I'd take hot hitter over rob 100% of the time. Why do you guys hate hh? Get one measly hit and it stays on - in every mode 🤯
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I'd take hot hitter over rob 100% of the time. Why do you guys hate hh? Get one measly hit and it stays on - in every mode 🤯
    That's what I went with for the custom. Switch hitter with double HH 🖖
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

2003cobra said:
    True. I may go that route but will hold off until the next WOH to see if they keep the difficulty up. Did I mention I am loving the new difficulty yet? 

Houmy said:
    What position did you go with? I'm sure you've mentioned it but I have walk off brain..
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited November 2020
    Houmy said:
    What position did you go with? I'm sure you've mentioned it but I have walk off brain..
    2B. Plenty of OF out there so I decided with IF and always make my legend a catcher anyway. Was sooooo tempted to make him a pitcher too but figured they would make WOH difficult again which is what I actually like and wanted.

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I'm with you on this, love HH as a complimentary skill to say RHP (i like double HH too but more risky in woh). At diamond 20/20 where you likely have a 300+ hit to stuff advantage (even without any boost or x-factor, just one active skill to start) it's not difficult to break the seal and then you're set the rest of the way. I've been using Gwynn as my closer with a 9 woh x-factor and i've been really happy with the results. The 9% and 20% from RHP skill is plenty to get him on the board and then he's good to go with both skills active.

As an added bonus, guys like Porter will mash in every other mode.
    Looks like I have to do the full 3 cycles as both boxes were LXP. 4.10 was much harder than 5.10 2nd time 🙄

I never said that I didn’t like HH I was just saying that if I were leveling a guy up for woh he might be more effective with LI and ROB than HH and RHP but I think that it would be like splitting hairs. If you hit a homerun with ROB then that skill turns off. But if you hit one with HH then it turns on. I was placing LI above RHP just because it would be active against every pitcher. HH and RHP are the 2 best skills overall imo. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Even at the new difficulty level, I would take a combo of vRHP/HH over LI/ROB every day of the damn week.  Twice on Sunday.  The later is going to be significantly worse for ever single other mode.  And at Plat or Diamond, starting with just one skill on isn't an issue, even with the increased difficulty
    Even at the new difficulty level, I would take a combo of vRHP/HH over LI/ROB every day of the damn week.  Twice on Sunday.  The later is going to be significantly worse for ever single other mode.  And at Plat or Diamond, starting with just one skill on isn't an issue, even with the increased difficulty
    X factors help you start 2/3 and get to 3/3 pretty quickly, they're pretty yuge 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

So I get back home from PT (surgery last week) and open the free box. It is Polanco.

I proceed to win CvC a few minutes later. Three boxes got me Eric Davis, LxP, then Machado.

I look at the bonus sets now bc I got two legends. I see I need Clark for a bonus set. After leveling both Davis and Polanco (huge upgrades for my team) I needed to buy 2 Clark boxes to get Fan rewards.

What the heck, I'll waste 1400 gold on some LxP.

First effing box I got Clark. LOL

I didn't play much yesterday so I don't have Snow (got Kruk in CvC last week) but I do have Van Slyke. So I leveled him too.

I've gotten through twice now with no issues. Third time got 9 and outed on 4.10 then lost again due to curve outs after the video reboots.

Just those two cycles alone put up close to 200M lol

Nap time.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

edited November 2020
    One additional note I'll make here.  I've experimented a ton this year with these two skill sets, as recently as this week when I leveled and closed with Darrell Porter and leveling Polanco yesterday. One of the single biggest factors here is that the rate of Curve Out's (Cheat outs as the Good Doctor would call them) is SIGNIFICANTLY higher after hitting a HR with a guy that has ROB skill that has just turned off, than it is on a guy with Hot Hitter that hasn't turned on yet.  Its a massive disparity, that only gets worse as the guy gets further away from the curve.
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    I'm 6 cycles in.  No Vida Blue repull and Freddie Freeman everytime
    One additional note I'll make here.  I've experimented a ton this year with these two skill sets, as recently as this week when I leveled and closed with Darrell Porter.  One of the single biggest factors here is that the rate of Curve Out's (Cheat outs as the Good Doctor would call them) is SIGNIFICANTLY higher after hitting a HR with a guy that has ROB skill that has just turned off, than it is on a guy with Hot Hitter that hasn't turned on yet.  Its a massive disparity, that only gets worse as the guy gets further away from the curve.
    Personally I didn't really care about the skills sets or RH/LH until this event. I mean haven't the events just been super easy thus far that none of that was really a deal breaker until now? Now I have to pay more attention to it but I'll probably wait for one or two more WOH events in case they decide to make it "easy" again since there is no guarantee this will be the norm from now on. Even after two more events I still won't be 100% sure it will stay this way 🙄

Houmy said:
    One additional note I'll make here.  I've experimented a ton this year with these two skill sets, as recently as this week when I leveled and closed with Darrell Porter.  One of the single biggest factors here is that the rate of Curve Out's (Cheat outs as the Good Doctor would call them) is SIGNIFICANTLY higher after hitting a HR with a guy that has ROB skill that has just turned off, than it is on a guy with Hot Hitter that hasn't turned on yet.  Its a massive disparity, that only gets worse as the guy gets further away from the curve.
    Personally I didn't really care about the skills sets or RH/LH until this event. I mean haven't the events just been super easy thus far that none of that was really a deal breaker until now? Now I have to pay more attention to it but I'll probably wait for one or two more WOH events in case they decide to make it "easy" again since there is no guarantee this will be the norm from now on. Even after two more events I still won't be 100% sure it will stay this way 🙄
    Idk, this feels like Monday just with different pitchers. 
    @retirepujols I didn't play on Monday. Was the difficulty increased like this?

edited November 2020
    I mean its obviously subjective as everyone has their own opinions on the level of difficulty, but I personally haven't noticed a difference compared to the past few weeks. 

Edit: its possible my jump from gold to diamond last weekend has offset any sort of "bump" that may have happened 🤷‍♂️
    Houmy said:
    Idk, this feels like Monday just with different pitchers. 
    I think it IS more difficult, but it is slight.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I'm 6 cycles in.  No Vida Blue repull and Freddie Freeman everytime
    For those that don’t realize it, this is what I refer to as a rigged box, repulling the same guy.

Did somebody say rigged boxes?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    Houmy said:
    @retirepujols I didn't play on Monday. Was the difficulty increased like this?
    The pitcher ratings increased a little but it was less difficult than today. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Second cycle complete and it was more difficult.  Saw the delayed rocket ball from Fingers on 5-10 WTF!?!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Blue on my first box, 0-4 since. About in line with the odds except I have 4x Freeman. 
    On all 3 cycles 4.10 was the most difficult for me today which was sometimes the case in 19 & 18 as well. Gonna call it a day. Love the new difficulty but don't see much value in playing more today since I'm definitely not shooting for 10 cycles. Gotta be honest though, I personally like the 17 profile images better. Guess I'm more into classic stuff.

Fix those Pennants @Houmy

Houmy said:
    On all 3 cycles 4.10 was the most difficult for me today which was sometimes the case in 19 & 18 as well. Gonna call it a day. Love the new difficulty but don't see much value in playing more today since I'm definitely not shooting for 10 cycles. Gotta be honest though, I personally like the 17 profile images better. Guess I'm more into classic stuff.
    LOL.  and right on queue.  Finishing my 9th cycle and I just got 9 straight unhittable on 4.10 

First time on any level today

🤣 I am afraid Pennants won't matter much. Went Diamond just for the heck of it after 18 came out and have zero LXP to do anything with any of the players anyway. Gave up playing 17 match me games since I am way outmatched now with pretty much the entire team stuck in platinum.

Houmy said:

🤣 I am afraid Pennants won't matter much. Went Diamond just for the heck of it after 18 came out and have zero LXP to do anything with any of the players anyway. Gave up playing 17 match me games since I am way outmatched now with pretty much the entire team stuck in platinum.
    You recently gave up? I don't even remember who's on my 19 team. Hell, I don't know what my team name was in 18 😵 and here you are playing match me games in 17 still 🥺 that's awesome!
    On a serious note did I just miss it or has my brother-from-a-canadian-mother @dkarski87 been rather absent today?