What’s the point of prime events?

10feettall10feettall Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
I just don’t get it; Prime events leave you with nothing to do most of the time. Play a few games an hour - the rest of the time..... zero to keep you engaged. Isn’t the idea to maximize engagement? 
They’re not complete morons at GLU, right? I mean we all know there are few good words to say about them.  But “stupid” is not on the list. So what am  I missing?

Comments

• RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    What ? You don't see the value of spending 100 gold for 5 prime games ? Lol
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    The point is to level up all the rental players that you end up pulling for rewards that are less than what you spent on those one event players so that you can chase more resources for the next week and continue the cycle. Duhhhh!!!
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    It’s the rich mans bonus games. Grinders will focus on cycling d6 or taking a few days away from the game to charge their batteries for Monday and next weeks events. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Houmy said:
    The point is to level up all the rental players that you end up pulling for rewards that are less than what you spent on those one event players so that you can chase more resources for the next week and continue the cycle. Duhhhh!!!
    I will say it seems most of the best players come out prime weekends. Most of the guys I plan to keep long term seem to be from prime events 🤷‍♂️ 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Prime games are my favorite 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    There's not a whole lot of pressure with prime events. Break time before the big Thanksgiving bonanza.
  • TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    You can take the time to play 200 HR battles.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I actually really appreciate prime weekends.

Boring yes, but i need boring TSB weekends in my life.   Its healthy 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I just don’t get it; Prime events leave you with nothing to do most of the time. Play a few games an hour - the rest of the time..... zero to keep you engaged. Isn’t the idea to maximize engagement? 
    They’re not complete morons at GLU, right? I mean we all know there are few good words to say about them.  But “stupid” is not on the list. So what am  I missing?
    I personally dislike prime games, but they are great for 'spenders.' They're also a chance for lower tiers to do more than participate in club points. This is obv not geared towards F2P players.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    No they are not. I'll only play prime games only if I get lucky enough to pull a top tier player from the boxes and then I only go for the top tier progress rewards.
  • lefty10lefty10 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    Without having players in the tourney boxes, this weekend is pointless. I hate prime games but at least with players in boxes that you don’t have to spend on, aka tourneys, there’s something to play for.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Prime events are a relic of how the game used to be before bonus players. It used to be the way you could score the most since the point values go up when the streak does. Bonus games go up ever 5, but we’re capped at 20k and then only 200 after that. So look at the points for each mode without bonus players and you see why the game was like 4 years ago and beyond. That’s when Prime was the “Main Event”. Now, it’s pretty irrelevant for most people. 
    Also, this looks fun....

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Dude how long do your games take 
    2003cobra said:
    Dude how long do your games take 
    It's not mine. I was just giving an example of how prime games are great for some. 
    Got it. I didn’t look at the team name the first time but that’s crazy 
    DFBB said:
    Also, this looks fun....

Ummmmm... has that guy manually played to the tune of 1,500 runs by the 5th inning? Has he been on that one game the whole weekend? 
    that would be equivalent to the 24 hour woh 
    DFBB said:
    Also, this looks fun....

Ummmmm... has that guy manually played to the tune of 1,500 runs by the 5th inning? Has he been on that one game the whole weekend? 
    He's still going! lol. freaking love it!
  • louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    I’m just thinking out loud here...but how much gold would you have to spend to get to level 6 for prime games?  With level six you would get at least 18k lxp from the previous levels, and some gold back, not to mention probably a top 50 or top 100 spot in your bracket.
    maybe it’s worth the 100 gold to play that high?
    I haven’t really thought of that until now.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I’m just thinking out loud here...but how much gold would you have to spend to get to level 6 for prime games?  With level six you would get at least 18k lxp from the previous levels, and some gold back, not to mention probably a top 50 or top 100 spot in your bracket.
    It’s not about value for spenders, it’s about competition/addiction/ego.  Pick your weakness 🤣🤣
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Its about 94 wins, or 17-1800 gold, 500 of which u get back immediately. I do it on weekends i need lxp. This weekend my club has the new refresh discount accolade which made it 54g per refresh (40% off) so it was a no brainer. Its never a bad option if u can win 94 straight consistently, but especially good value with that new accolade.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    They're not doing a great job keeping us engaged since the update. Having no CvC on Wednesdays when it's BG day just doesn't really make sense. It's a carryover from Royale Wednesdays but since Royale ISN'T every Wednesday anymore....it just doesn't make sense to omit CvC when its BG day. You don't take it out when it falls on a Thursday.

I really thought they'd have something better planned for Thanksgiving than just a second sprint event. That's a big letdown. I thought either we'd have a special event or maybe even an extended 4 day Royale. 

Also, the players in tourney boxes aren't a huge deal,  but they're a good way to keep the Diamond guys incentivized. Without them, the dry repetition of the game grind is ...even dryer. 

And finally, the night versions of Extra Bases are missed in particular for those of us that work nights. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Oh, and a final note: the Prime Power video achievement award of less than 2K BXP and PXP was outdated back in July. Goodness, just can it already solely based on how silly it looks.
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Oh, and a final note: the Prime Power video achievement award of less than 2K BXP and PXP was outdated back in July. Goodness, just can it already solely based on how silly it looks.
    This should be a thread in its own right and I’m glad someone brought it up. Most achievement rewards have become a joke, especially today’s. 1500 pxp and bxp? 🤮 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    This should be a thread in its own right and I’m glad someone brought it up. Most achievement rewards have become a joke, especially today’s. 1500 pxp and bxp? 🤮 
    Agreed. HOWEVER, let’s give GLU some credit. After NINE FREAKING MONTHS, they FINALLY fixed the missing All Star boost in those rewards. 9 months! They must be exhausted!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • HotRod14HotRod14 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    Prime games are great to knock down some club points. You gotta put in a good amount of gold though. I put up about 32k gold to place even 20th in today’s prime event. And ya it does require you to put up some cash. You build a great team and make a name for yourself and get recruited by a great club. My club contributes a ton that gets me a good amount of gold and XP so I don’t have to put up as much cash. It’s all a balance for sure. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    HotRod14 said:
    Prime games are great to knock down some club points. You gotta put in a good amount of gold though. I put up about 32k gold to place even 20th in today’s prime event. And ya it does require you to put up some cash. You build a great team and make a name for yourself and get recruited by a great club. My club contributes a ton that gets me a good amount of gold and XP so I don’t have to put up as much cash. It’s all a balance for sure. 
    You dropped 32k gold to place 20th in rankings?  I’m sorry, that really doesn’t make sense at all. Work smarter, not harder.  Find a better bracket, or join a decent club.  I’m sorry man, today was a dead end event. The accolades for this event were borderline useless. Pm me if you need guidance. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"