Jeff Bagwell

Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
I still haven’t seen Bagwell even though he’s been in collections since the weekend. 
Prev1

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    We've found out the hard way that collections isn't set in stone. Last week, for example, Bob Gibson had the 'triple threat' graphics in collections. It was easy to assume that he'd be the Tuesday pitcher, but he was subsequently removed from collections. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Well I think they realized they made a huge mistake, not making him an ATG, considering he passed away this year. But yea def cant trust what you see in collections.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Well I think they realized they made a huge mistake, not making him an ATG, considering he passed away this year. But yea def cant trust what you see in collections.
    He was also an ATG in 18, but wasn’t even released in 19 beyond being a pitcher in woh I think. 

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    2019 version
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    DFBB said:

Come onnnnnn stand alone box....
  • TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    So the 550 are coming this weekend...
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts

@KCTribe I guess I'm naive, but I still think WoH will matter.   :#
    I wanted Bagwell as well for WOH.
    – The Great Houmy
    Still use my 500 Hunter with x2 lefty alot.
    – The Great Houmy
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    edited November 2020
    The only mode it is good for is WOH. You could argue CvC/EB, but either it’s always on or not at all. Feast or famine. Plus in CvC you have no idea of predicting if you’ll be playing a righty or lefty every given round. Every other mode... no thanks.

If I get him, sure, I’ll level him and keep him around for WOH since I’m at gold and could use him for a while in that mode. But he’s definitely not worth the chase if you don’t value WOH or if you already have a solid 520-ish closer.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Still use my 500 Hunter with x2 lefty alot.
    yea he is my guy vs lhp.   For the most part he has handled the 5.9 Blue thats been there but its not completely automatic so would like an upgrade
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Well where is he lol
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Well where is he lol
    Guessing special box tomorrow - most likely as legend pitcher in box today 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Good call @benny100
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I’ve completely pivoted on v LHP. My keeper has those skills, but that was a remnant of WOH days gone by. Now, players with those skills have the worst stats on my team, and guys like Polanco close just fine. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I'm guessing now there won't be a special event tomorrow then, since we have Royale this weekend.

Hope I'm wrong.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    KCTribe said:
    The only mode it is good for is WOH. You could argue CvC/EB, but either it’s always on or not at all. Feast or famine. Plus in CvC you have no idea of predicting if you’ll be playing a righty or lefty every given round. Every other mode... no thanks.

If I get him, sure, I’ll level him and keep him around for WOH since I’m at gold and could use him for a while in that mode. But he’s definitely not worth the chase if you don’t value WOH or if you already have a solid 520-ish closer.

As noted by the posts of diamond teams in here we haven't been bothered to level anything greater than a 500 for the most part during the week because WoH has been what it has been. I can't even remember the last 2x LHP bat from weekend, I guess maybe Hunter? But I also don't think it's overrated as you surmise in that borrowed meme above. It's does exactly what is expected and that is to crush left-handed pitching. Exact same thing 2x rhp does the only difference being that there simply are more right-hand pitchers in the game than left-hand pitchers. I looked at 3 switch hitters on my team and it's nearly 4-1 in favor of rhp AB's for all of them. Underutilized is probably a more accurate way to describe 2x lhp, IMO.

As far as other modes he certainly makes sense in EB if the pitcher is a lefty and CvC is 50/50 chance at the lefty so if the makeup of your CvC lineup (if you have one) consists of decent skilled right-hand bats you are certainly pulling for that lefty pitcher. Bash for me is non-switch right-hand bat all the way due to personal preference from playing slugfest even against a righty pitcher. I actually prefer a rhp against right-hand bat because of it and though skills don't matter Mr. Bagwell is a right-hand bat.
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited November 2020
    KCTribe said:

I have a hard time calling it overrated just because the players i talk game with have been down on 2x LHP for a long time (since WOH got really easy). That said, i wouldn't start a 2x LHP bat in my regular lineup, so it really just comes down to where you're at with your team building. I'm at the point now where every position is "fine" (mostly 500+ with 16/16 or 20/20 skills) so i can focus a lot more on player's ceiling as opposed to their floor. I'll be shooting for Bags tomorrow because he'll be a big upgrade for me both in EB vs left and as my new vs left closer in WOH (I do think it will get harder when gated tower drops). He probably won't start for me in bgs, but with the weekend discount he'll still be well worth it for me if he helps my EB scores and increases my WOH efficiency. 
  • JudgeJudge Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Bagwell is a major WOH asset indeed, but LHPx2 is quite useful when playing h2h. Need a big bat to offset Vida and Whitey in those matches. 
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Looks like the took him out of collections. I wonder if the changed their mind.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    that and got Martinez from a gift box
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I’d rather not cycle than level woh-only guys. Bagwell has no home with me. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I agree with you 2x lefty skill is a one trick pony skill set. In saying that, getting him through a gift box was a surprise. Will not replace Snow in my lineup. Will probably only use Bagwell for WoH purposes.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I agree with you 2x lefty skill is a one trick pony skill set. In saying that, getting him through a gift box was a surprise. Will not replace Snow in my lineup. Will probably only use Bagwell for WoH purposes.
    I don’t mind leveling a WOH only guy every 45-50 points of bump.  My current closer vs LHP is a 500 and I’m on the fence about chasing.
    If you play WOH, hes def worth getting.
    – The Great Houmy
    I don’t mind leveling a WOH only guy every 45-50 points of bump.  My current closer vs LHP is a 500 and I’m on the fence about chasing.
    I’m on the fence too. Was relying on extra bases but that didn’t happen. Gifts have been generous today, but still no dice. Ugh. I need all my gold bars for the Babe, but man, Bagpipes would be nice. 😩
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I’m on the fence too. Was relying on extra bases but that didn’t happen. Gifts have been generous today, but still no dice. Ugh. I need all my gold bars for the Babe, but man, Bagpipes would be nice. 😩
    I leveled the 535 Polanco a week ago.  I may just rely on him as the closer and wait for a 540 or 550 guy
    I sit pretty well as of now with Bagwell and Snow as closers but one thing I have found it's not 5.9 or 5.10 that's the issue it's usually been 5.8... Mr. Kelly... That's been like needles in my eyeballs. Bagwell will give me some depth to use Jones on 5.8 and possibly the above mentioned players for 5.9 and 5.10. Posada always did well closing out on 5.10 as well. I have a few options now. Phillips, Cabrera, Porter and Andrew Jones I also have as well in my arsenal. Should be able to get through 🤔