New Strategy

2Next

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

Since I quit farming gold about a month ago, I'm at 55K gold today from the following:
    Hitting milestones, daily vid, ball park daily (from when I spent too damn much), EB events, achievements, and Daily Dinger. I save all my dinger tix for "up the middle days".  Yesterday alone I got 5K in gold on DD.

As for boxes, I just wait on freebies from CvC, gifts, and if the daily video thing has one.

Only issue for me this year is LxP but that was also part of GLU's plan. If there were blue LxP boxes in the store, that would go away, but here we are.

From this point forward, this is the route I'm going. Next year I won't move beyond Silver so the LxP squeeze won't hit as hard.

If you join a club or place well in club events, you wont have lxp issues. 
    Your privileges are showing here. A large percentage of the TSB community is unable to be privy to membership in clubs that consistently (or even occasionally) garner the top club rewards. You've been spoiled by the "fame" you've acquired through this forum. Players want to join up with you, rightfully so. 

But that passive aggressive comment about just joining a club to get lxp really struck a nerve. I'm in a club of about half VIP members. We struggle for top 50s after playing all day. 

I'm in a club by myself. I don't even play all the events. If you're silver/gold, majors rewards are pretty darn good even if you don't place well. I barely hit the progress tiers on prime days(and often, not at all) and I'm quite happy. Obv, those rewards don't go very far in diamond, but at silver/gold, it's pretty good. 
    As far as your club, try a slight delay. It will do wonders. 

Honestly, unless they’re in a minors club, that is probably the worst advice to give. If you’re in a majors club, you will get crushed by 50 teams better than you. Delayed or not. If you’re a silver/gold team in a a private cvc club, in a minors bracket, you’ll never get the points required to advance in this game.  When they release Cooperstown bracket, you’ll be even further behind the curve. If you want to be good at this game, you need a good club. The days of solo cvc clubs are done. Look at the club rewards. They outweigh the 19’ model by far
    I was in a solo majors. I barely played and finished top 50. Majors have been soft for a very long time. I agree that silver/gold clubs really can't thrive solo, regardless if it's minors or majors, which is why I suggested that the good doc join a club. 
    Oh I get that. But top 50 gives you nothing, you know that . But like most of us, you’re in a big boy club for the big events. Which means you’re in a top 4 club ultimately. I can’t help but to point out the elephant in the room here - your silver teams in idle clubs won’t make this game fun for you 🤷‍♂️.  Soon enough, you won’t be able to compete in woh HOF tower. Hate to be the bearer of bad news 
    I agree with your general sentiment, but I’m trying to look at it from their perspective. Lower tiers are more slow pace and casual. They’re happy with where they are. These rewards are nothing for diamond, but it really adds up at lower tiers and it doesn’t need a great deal of effort. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

Since I quit farming gold about a month ago, I'm at 55K gold today from the following:
    Hitting milestones, daily vid, ball park daily (from when I spent too damn much), EB events, achievements, and Daily Dinger. I save all my dinger tix for "up the middle days".  Yesterday alone I got 5K in gold on DD.

As for boxes, I just wait on freebies from CvC, gifts, and if the daily video thing has one.

Only issue for me this year is LxP but that was also part of GLU's plan. If there were blue LxP boxes in the store, that would go away, but here we are.

From this point forward, this is the route I'm going. Next year I won't move beyond Silver so the LxP squeeze won't hit as hard.

Your privileges are showing here. A large percentage of the TSB community is unable to be privy to membership in clubs that consistently (or even occasionally) garner the top club rewards. You've been spoiled by the "fame" you've acquired through this forum. Players want to join up with you, rightfully so. 

But that passive aggressive comment about just joining a club to get lxp really struck a nerve. I'm in a club of about half VIP members. We struggle for top 50s after playing all day. 

I'm in a club by myself. I don't even play all the events. If you're silver/gold, majors rewards are pretty darn good even if you don't place well. I barely hit the progress tiers on prime days(and often, not at all) and I'm quite happy. Obv, those rewards don't go very far in diamond, but at silver/gold, it's pretty good. 

Honestly, unless they’re in a minors club, that is probably the worst advice to give. If you’re in a majors club, you will get crushed by 50 teams better than you. Delayed or not. If you’re a silver/gold team in a a private cvc club, in a minors bracket, you’ll never get the points required to advance in this game.  When they release Cooperstown bracket, you’ll be even further behind the curve. If you want to be good at this game, you need a good club. The days of solo cvc clubs are done. Look at the club rewards. They outweigh the 19’ model by far
    I was in a solo majors. I barely played and finished top 50. Majors have been soft for a very long time. I agree that silver/gold clubs really can't thrive solo, regardless if it's minors or majors, which is why I suggested that the good doc join a club. 
    Oh I get that. But top 50 gives you nothing, you know that . But like most of us, you’re in a big boy club for the big events. Which means you’re in a top 4 club ultimately. I can’t help but to point out the elephant in the room here - your silver teams in idle clubs won’t make this game fun for you 🤷‍♂️.  Soon enough, you won’t be able to compete in woh HOF tower. Hate to be the bearer of bad news 
    I agree with your general sentiment, but I’m trying to look at it from their perspective. Lower tiers are more slow pace and casual. They’re happy with where they are. These rewards are nothing for diamond, but it really adds up at lower tiers and it doesn’t need a great deal of effort. 
    I can agree with that.  However, I do think woh will become a near impossible mission at silver moving forward. Gold, will be tough too. And those that stay silver will find it difficult to stay motivated to play this game at all. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

I can agree with that.  However, I do think woh will become a near impossible mission at silver moving forward. Gold, will be tough too. And those that stay silver will find it difficult to stay motivated to play this game at all. 
    1000% disagree with that last statement. If the game was ONLY WOH, possibly. But I’ve been Silver every year since I made the mistake late in ‘17 to go Gold. And I have no plans of changing and I’ll still be motivated to play. Until Glu decides to keep moving further away from their ‘18 model. THAT will be the motivation factor, NOT the tier. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Everybody plays for their own reasons. Personally I’ve enjoyed the watered down version of WOH but you’re right in the fact that it will be near impossible at the silver level. As I look at my inactives on my roster it’s filled with reward players from woh that I haven’t leveled past bronze or leveled at all. That will free up a little more time for me. Bgs and tourneys are near impossible to win a game so I can’t tell you the last time that I played one-that frees up a ton of time. I have a solo minors club so no I don’t get great rewards but I play at my pace and at my leisure. I got talked into playing in a different club with diamond players last week and ended up being the top scorer both days but lost almost every cvc box that I normally would have won. Needless to say I’m back in my solo club and winning almost every cvc event. Cvc is really how I build my team and I enjoy beating the diamond teams with lower TS than where I’m at. My own experience with diamond was that I felt the need to do 3 cycles a week, play woh every minute of the event to gain resources and cycle cap a the rewards player and buy FP at least once a week to help level up players. I was in some big boy clubs and felt like a slacker because I didn’t do more than that.I still get my woh fix by playing 19 but not all day anymore.  So I changed my strategy this year. It doesn’t mean that I’m playing it wrong it only means that I’m playing it my way. I’m glad that glu makes it harder on us silver guys. Hopefully they only make it harder for us and I will play even less. I’ve been playing since August/September of 2014 and this is my first season staying at silver and it feels like the right decision for me. I’m silver and I’m proud! 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    DFBB said:

This comment needs more attention. That large percentage of TSB community you speak of if given the chance for a week or two would probably be in no better position they are right now in top clubs than if they continued to struggle to get those top 50's. The narrative of this thread is more about bang for buck but what you're gnawing on is the idea that those that have taken the time to strategize and invest time and/or money are somehow unworthy of whatever success they have in the game simply because of who they are. Alex, karski or tyrone aren't successful at this dumb-ass mobile game because players want to join up with them. There are many, even in this thread, that can and are just as successful that don't need other players to do so whether because they take the time (again, not what this thread is about, I get it) or they spend money.

I'm not going to go into what one could do to better their team cause if you don't know by now you're just going to wallow in whatever self-prescribed hell TSB has become for for you version after version. None of us started where we are today and to discount that as to only having to do with the success of others or "fame" or money spent is horribly short-sighted and naive.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Well I can finally retire from this god awful game. I never thought I would ever see the day that @DFBB and @CanadaCubs would agree on something, let alone show a mutual respect for one another. Maybe we all can live in peace and harmony.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited November 2020
    dkarski87 said:
    Well I can finally retire from this god awful game. I never thought I would ever see the day that @DFBB and @CanadaCubs would agree on something, let alone show a mutual respect for one another. Maybe we all can live in peace and harmony.

@CanadaCubs and I are going to do a duo to “You got a friend in me”, next week

🎶 👨‍❤️‍👨👨‍❤️‍👨👨‍❤️‍👨👨‍❤️‍👨
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:

This comment needs more attention. That large percentage of TSB community you speak of if given the chance for a week or two would probably be in no better position they are right now in top clubs than if they continued to struggle to get those top 50's. The narrative of this thread is more about bang for buck but what you're gnawing on is the idea that those that have taken the time to strategize and invest time and/or money are somehow unworthy of whatever success they have in the game simply because of who they are. Alex, karski or tyrone aren't successful at this dumb-ass mobile game because players want to join up with them. There are many, even in this thread, that can and are just as successful that don't need other players to do so whether because they take the time (again, not what this thread is about, I get it) or they spend money.

I'm not going to go into what one could do to better their team cause if you don't know by now you're just going to wallow in whatever self-prescribed hell TSB has become for for you version after version. None of us started where we are today and to discount that as to only having to do with the success of others or "fame" or money spent is horribly short-sighted and naive.
    I just wanted to quote this so it was posted again.  Well said @dustyhunks

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    We struggle for top 50s after playing all day. 

With bonus players? I can’t imagine a club full of dudes with bonus players playing all day not hitting top 50. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Maybe it’s time for a new strategy 
  • Options
    I would say that people would love to play with Alex because of his incredible insight and strategy. Oh yeah and he’s ranked 7th in the world standings. That means that he’s a balls to the wall totally phenomenal player. Plus other guys like Dusty, Tyrone, Karski, Pujols, Mattattack, Jeddoggy just to name a few that would be good enough to be in club. Once again, I know that it’s a little off topic but you top tier guys deserve mad props and you have my respect 
  • Options
    I think the World Rankings need an adjustment like mentioned in the post about the council meetings. You can literally play 1 weekend and jump a few hundred spots. I think its a good idea to take the royale multipliers go away from those scores, and just use the base amounts for every event. It really waters down the results.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I think the World Rankings need an adjustment like mentioned in the post about the council meetings. You can literally play 1 weekend and jump a few hundred spots. I think its a good idea to take the royale multipliers go away from those scores, and just use the base amounts for every event. It really waters down the results.
    I actually pushed for this at the VIP council and behind closed doors. It shouldn't include the multipliers because doing so basically ignores the other events. Myself for example; I certainly am NOT deserving of my current ranking. I went hard in the last Royale and despite barely playing in the past 10 days, my ranking continues to climb. If there's a ranking system that has me above KidCharlemagne, it's a flawed system. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I just want to clarify that I'm not mad at DFBB or anyone who has earned their respective spots in the TSB community. The comment just struck a nerve to me where I felt like I had to point it out. 
    I've played this game solo, in a non-competitive club, in a semi competitive club, and an ultra competitive Cooperstown club last year that consistently finished top 3. To get into the conpetive clubs, I had to already have standing. The VIP badge was just a ticket in. I absolutely hated being in the ultra competitive club, and all of the dirty work being done with the game devs that I was privy to for my short stint there. It was a full time job. 

Again, if you earn your way to the TSB elite, good on you. My entire point is that I don't want y'all to lose sight that this game isn't as easy for many. Most don't visit the forum. Most don't understand the strategies involved. Most are just tapping along aimlessly. Those people aren't going to get to play with mid or top level clubs and reap the better rewards. 
  • Options
    as Bearmeat would say “it is what it is”. You 2 have doubled and almost tripled some of the guys ranked around you when it comes to games played. To me you are deserving of the high rankings 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    as Bearmeat would say “it is what it is”. You 2 have doubled and almost tripled some of the guys ranked around you when it comes to games played. To me you are deserving of the high rankings 
    This “Bearmeat” fellow sounds like a swell guy...
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Honestly I wouldnt trust any of those numbers one bit. Our profiles track the actual club points sans multiplier however the last weekend Royale didn't account for nearly 140bil points for anyone in Dawsons that weekend for whatever reason, I assume it's global. For reference I scored 491bil total according to screenshots I have though my profile only states 351 as high. There's also a weighted system based on recency of event for the WR so the further you get from the date of that event the more your score deprecates and WR decreases. I think for there to be a disparity between actual club point output if the multi is counted there has to be an assumption that people playing during week or events that don't have a multiplier do not play weekend royale which is most likely just not true.

TL;DR

It's relative.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I noticed the 1.4 accolade wasn’t counting on some parts last week - did on field pass I think but not on profile event points - don’t remember exactly but it made for at least 3 versions of points in places 
  • Options
    Def a flawed system, but hey cant say we are surprised.
    – The Great Houmy