Thanksgiving Special Event

GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
I can't imagine they will keep the Prime Event for Thursday. What's your take? A special WOH event with incredible rewards (Roberto Alomar switch hitter 2X LI) and 2x gold?

We are all beta testers

Comments

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I can't imagine they will keep the Prime Event for Thursday. What's your take? A special WOH event with incredible rewards (Roberto Alomar switch hitter 2X LI) and 2x gold?

I was thinking the same thing, "prime event II" seems a little lackluster for a holiday where a lot of players will be off work. I would be happy with a midnight royale type setup (featuring new players who would be weekend bonus) considering it's been roughly two months since the last one. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I like WOH, more than most (even in its current diluted state), but count me out for 10 cycles on my favorite holiday of the year. If they're going to do something for Thanksgiving, I hope it provides rewards that take into consideration the reduced amount of playing time most of us will have.

Don't get me wrong, I know Gluminati will still find a way to score a bazillion points. And I know it's a personal choice as to how much we play. But I would guess most of us don't want to tap all day.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited November 2020
    I may be alone, but a prime day with crappy players in crappy boxes with crappy odds and expensive crappy players in specials is what I’m hoping to see. 

*opens app, scoffs, closes app, opens beer* <— that’s what I’m hoping for 😬
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Pujols hitting the nail on the head
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I may be alone, but a prime day with crappy players in crappy boxes with crappy odds and expensive crappy players in specials is what I’m hoping to see. 

Likewise. Easier to spend time doing other things on Thanksgiving that way. Ya'll can find me on the tables fighting for every pot against poker bots 🤐
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited November 2020

This

i think it was Thanksgiving last year (could have been a different holiday) but they did a special event with legit rewards/prizes.  And that F’ing sucks because most of us had no time to sit and hammer out cycles like we would have liked.

Now, that might be different this year with so many people not getting together like normal for the turkey day, but it’s Still unlikely to be a Day where most people can glue themselves to a mobile device for hours on end

give me boring and unexciting.  Go crazy for Black Friday if you want to do something special
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    edited November 2020

How many cycles do you rinse and repeat? Do you start at 12:00 or you delay  :D
    We are all beta testers
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts

Hopefully we can cheers to this come Thursday. I’ll raise my beer in one hand with a turkey leg in the other if I open the app to see exactly this.

Wait, my hands will be full. How am I going to open the app? Problem solved.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Ah yes, the stories of "other years" when this game was way more fun and you got more out of it. LOL

That Jose Cruz last Tgiving stayed on my WoH roster through the end of the year. Was a top tier guy then eventually fell to a easy "early round sim" guy as the year went on.

Also garnered a ton of resources that day too. So glad GLU put a stop to all that! Was way too much fun.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Ah yes, the stories of "other years" when this game was way more fun and you got more out of it. LOL

That Jose Cruz last Tgiving stayed on my WoH roster through the end of the year. Was a top tier guy then eventually fell to a easy "early round sim" guy as the year went on.

Also garnered a ton of resources that day too. So glad GLU put a stop to all that! Was way too much fun.

Here you go: 
    https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2019/discussion/5455257/happy-turkey-day-woh-please-update-pitching-matchups-etc/p1
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    So based on that model, 10k per cycle and the ability to cycle cap. Lets call it what 7k for a d1 repull?.... 17k per cycle...Does it balance out with the current setup? Becase we get X amount after 10, 20 or 25 cycles? Im thinking no.

So really, if they do it every 3 cycles, its only 20k-30k every 3 cycles, which to me looks to be about the same setup as last year.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    So based on that model, 10k per cycle and the ability to cycle cap. Lets call it what 7k for a d1 repull?.... 17k per cycle...Does it balance out with the current setup? Becase we get X amount after 10, 20 or 25 cycles? Im thinking no.

So really, if they do it every 3 cycles, its only 20k-30k every 3 cycles, which to me looks to be about the same setup as last year.
    The big difference is that the pitchers were level 5 at this time last year(later reduced to level 3) and pitchers that were better than what was released(gibson, babe, etc) at the time. As of this writing, Rollie Fingers is 30 points below the curve(and we have xfactors). Guys simply were not cycling at an efficient rate. Fast forward to now and everyone is cycling their shoes off. 
    Anyways, what's right and wrong? That's always been the puzzle. Are guys more frustrated this year or last year? Tough call, but I'd lean towards the latter. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:

The big difference is that the pitchers were level 5 at this time last year(later reduced to level 3) and pitchers that were better than what was released(gibson, babe, etc) at the time. As of this writing, Rollie Fingers is 30 points below the curve(and we have xfactors). Guys simply were not cycling at an efficient rate. Fast forward to now and everyone is cycling their shoes off. 
    Anyways, what's right and wrong? That's always been the puzzle. Are guys more frustrated this year or last year? Tough call, but I'd lean towards the latter. 
    My gut is the increased customer engagement from more people being able to cycle is a big positive for them.  It keeps the smaller guys engaged and gives them something to work for.

i think the “big boys” still have something here in that they can cycle fast AF, burn the gold to decrease time and hit those 10/20 rewards.

i think it would be nice to see a 5 cycle reward, or allow repulls for every 3 cycles or something like that and they would have a pretty ideal setup.  Just something of sorts for those mid-level players.  (Ie me, because well, aren’t we all selfish pricks looking out for our own self interest?)
    DFBB said:
    dkarski87 said:

You're getting real philosophical today...but I agree with what you're saying, it was definitely more challenging last year. 

Also, I've seen your cycling numbers so make sure you're double knotting your shoes before you get started. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    We also tend to compare mid-season WOH with end-of-season WOH. Caught myself doing it plenty. Of course the final WOH / grand finale version that stays on the app forever engrained in our brains and there for us to refer to anytime we want to open the "old app" to see "what WOH was like that year", but that isn't really the case.

In 18 there a period of time it was a minor miracle just to finish it once in a day (if you were lucky). Neris/Diaz days, is how we remember it. But, if you go log on to the app now you see ATGs as reward players, and like 20k of each pxp and lxp in the tower. It wasn't like that all year, maybe just for the last month or so of that version. But we tend to compare everything to this.

JEDDDOGGY said:
    We also tend to compare mid-season WOH with end-of-season WOH. Caught myself doing it plenty. Of course the final WOH / grand finale version that stays on the app forever engrained in our brains and there for us to refer to anytime we want to open the "old app" to see "what WOH was like that year", but that isn't really the case.

In 18 there a period of time it was a minor miracle just to finish it once in a day (if you were lucky). Neris/Diaz days, is how we remember it. But, if you go log on to the app now you see ATGs as reward players, and like 20k of each pxp and lxp in the tower. It wasn't like that all year, maybe just for the last month or so of that version. But we tend to compare everything to this.

Good point. I had to talk guys down quite a bit in April - June this year who were struggling with transitioning from months of D10 20/20 bats to like G10 8/8 bats, totally different ballgame.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Fast forward to now and everyone is cycling their shoes off. 
    Such a simple statement yet this comment had me cracking up 😆 
    JEDDDOGGY said:

This post reminds me of how fondly everyone remembers 18's WoH. I often hear about guys winning top tier players in '18 from WoH. I'm like, no! lol. I didn't have a great team and often, the WoH reward player didn't even make my team...and it was a damn struggle to even beat it once or twice. Sure, the very end was nice, but that was basically just a bow to end the year. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yea those days were rough, you would be happy to clear 1 or 2 times and call it a day. Really goes to show you that the people who develop the games dont really play them.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Yea those days were rough, you would be happy to clear 1 or 2 times and call it a day. Really goes to show you that the people who develop the games dont really play them.
    Amen to that brother!

I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Bluleopard
    - Blueleopard
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

IMO, they could provide BOTH options for us if they wanted. Another tower with harder pitchers (more curve outs is really what this boils down too) with the better rewards.

I remember that once or twice last year. I was still silver at that time so the harder one was way out of my league.

I also think they could make a harder/fun WoH with NO CURVE outs, but that's a whole other thread I won't start. Don't care enough any longer.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts

IMO, they could provide BOTH options for us if they wanted. Another tower with harder pitchers (more curve outs is really what this boils down too) with the better rewards.

I remember that once or twice last year. I was still silver at that time so the harder one was way out of my league.

I also think they could make a harder/fun WoH with NO CURVE outs, but that's a whole other thread I won't start. Don't care enough any longer.

Don’t give up yet Doc.  Your postings provide me with my daily comedy while I’m at work. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    So far it's still showing a Prime Event
    We are all beta testers
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I’ll be very surprised if it isn’t a prime day, but still hoping for WO🙏🙏🙏🙏
    - Blueleopard
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    On Monday there is a full moon...think there will be a full moon event after a weekend royale?
    HUGE DECEPTION PERIOD
    We are all beta testers